Thread: bluetooth

Spyder Garage

Default bluetooth

What type of Bluetooth Helmet Communicators do you have and why is soo good?

Spyder Garage

Default Hey

That was going to be my next post! Lol, trying to figure out which one is best to hook up to my zumo 660...hopefully lots of people answer this!
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Spyder Garage

I originally purchased the Cardo Scala headsets. Set them up and they worked but there were way to many little buttons to operate especially wearing gloves. Tried to teach my wife how to operate and it didn't take long for me to figure out that these were going to be a huge source of aggravation which generally for us causes arguments. SO, I sent them back figuring I had rather do without an intercom then the constant aggravation these would cause. One year later I spotted the SPH10H by Sena made for half helmets. Long story short, we love them and only 2 buttons and very easy to operate and they just work. Hope that helps.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Scala Q1

Just voted Motorcyclist.com Com system of the year. For me anyway very easy to use great for communications, connects to multiple devices, and only two buttons to use 90% of the time. When I answer a call from my iPhone, people don't even know I am ryding. Answer with a tap, end call with a tap, and the music starts right back up. When I need to inlet erupt the music all I have to do is say my lady's name and we are talking.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Agree on the other comment on Cardo Scala G9 - so many buttons I can't recall which to use anymore and hate screwing with all the buttons when on a ride. I moved to the Interfone I5 system as it talks to you in the helmet so you know what it is set to- and I like the voice commands and verbal caller ID. Some reviews hate them but I like them. My $.02
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have the SENA SMH10's. We use them for bike to bike and stream music from our smart phones. Easy to use and the battery lasts all day. Got a great price from Motorcycle Dave a site sponsor.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Been using the Sena SMH5-FM's headsets and the SM10 BT media streamer since July. Love them. No issues.
    Wife likes the FM radio part so she can listen to the radio on whatever channel she wants if she doesnt like what I am playing on my iPod or radio.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I've got the Cardo G4, was planning on getting G9 this year, but found out Cardo has a new unit coming out.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I loved the Scala G4, but then I got the the Scala G9
    I REALLY love the G9....
    Yes, it has a lot of buttons. but you really only use one (or two) most of the time since it can be controlled using voice commands.
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Default HeadSet

I use UClear HBC 200

They have no boom, they are not effected by wind noise, they are crystal clear, they use hop technology meaning there range goes up the more people you have connected, (all have to have Uclear HBC 200 comms), they are great rider to passenger or bike to bike, the range of one pair is 700 meters 2290 feet, thats about a half a mile, you can have 10 or more paired together, that 10 x 2290 feet, 5 milesish, I use mine paired with my passenger and my Garmin 660, and my ipod, it is priority based protocall, phone 1st, comm 2nd, music last etc., the boom pickup is built into both speakers you just have to make sure that when you install them into your helmet the mics are at the bottom of the speaker, picks up your voice great and the caller at the other end of the phone doesn't know your riding even if your using an open face helmet, the guy that demoed them to me up here in Canada was standing beside a running Skidoo and I didn't even here it.

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've got the Scala G9, I've been happy with it. Have one on my daughters helmet, which is a mixed blessing at times riding with a 12 year old chatterbox.......
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

I have the sena and have been very pleased. I have heard the scala is nice as well but have never personally tried one out. From what I can't tell you can't really go wrong with either. I say if it's a tie then go with the one that maybe some folks you ride with have so you can the intercoms together!
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White