Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Global Warming...

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I think good old Al Gore should take a look outside and then
    explain global warming again .... yea right burr it's even cold in
    California as far as California weather goes.
    Amen!!! The science and reality do not support the global warming theory

ronbo

Spyder Garage

Default Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    Show me your definitive facts to prove your statement about the cause of climate change. We already know the earth has been warming... tell us something we do not know. What is causing it? What are the facts to that?

If you would please...
    Uh...exactly where did I give the cause of Climate Change? I don't remember writing anything about the cause. I did say that Climate Change is happening and you agreed. My main point is that you need to sample enough data so that you can make an intelligent statement about the problem. The original post implied, on the basis of the present cold snap, that Climate Change was a figment of Al Gore's imagination.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Cause

Now I think I know the cause of global warming.
    2012 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE5
    SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets
    Diamond R Armrest, Passenger Tour Mug, Driver Tour Mug
    Opitma Driver-Backrest
    Seal Deluxe Floorboards
    RIVCO-Trunk Mounted Flag Holders
    Ram Ball GPS Mount
    AST3 Ultimate Towing Trailer

8th Air Force
    96th BG, 413th BSq

Spyder Garage

Default Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    Show me your definitive facts to prove your statement about the cause of climate change. We already know the earth has been warming... tell us something we do not know. What is causing it? What are the facts to that?

If you would please...
    Check out this video. It pretty much puts the Climate Change arguments to rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ
    Last edited by Bootie; 01-06-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default OK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post

That was freaking awesome!

Spyder Garage

Default The Video is Bullsh_t!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    Check out this video. It pretty much puts the Climate Change arguments to rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ
    After watching the video, his doom column was all Bullsh_t!, warming temps and increase co2 would mean more crops not dust bowls.
    And remember "climate-gate in England, Mann's fake hockey stick, and the past 15 years of no warming trends, just a flat line in temp.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    LOVE IT!

Spyder Garage

I taught statistics at the University of California, Riverside. I also taught several subjects in the MBA program. These are my observations on global warming.
    1. The climate models used do not include the influence of clouds.
    2. Climate scientists don't know how to model clouds. They think that maybe cloud formations are determined by cosmic ray flux. ( No joke.)
    3. The margin of error for climate projections exceed the mean temperature growth by tens of degrees.
    4. Termites make more greenhouse gasses worldwide than all of mankind's activities combined.
    5. The use of statistics used to prove global warming is done in a completely unacceptable manner. Many errors in the development of the statistics exist. For example, here is just one: you can't take averages of numbers that are already averages.
    6. They cannot explain why there has been no global warming in the last 17 years or so.
    7. Just because observations seem to occur together, does not mean that one causes another. (Did you know that kids with bigger feet do better on IQ tests? That doesn't mean that big feet are a determinate of intelligence. Kids all take IQ tests at about the same time at school. They are not all the same age. Older kids do better on IQ tests, and have bigger feet).
    8. The polar bear dying stories were completely fabricated.
    9. The head researcher for Global Warming on theUN team had investments in a company which would profit from global warming laws. I do not remember if it was alternative energy or what industry though.
    10. The primary data used by global warming adherents was destroyed. You have to use data that has been massaged, because the original data was destroyed--apparently by staffers who may have been employed by the College of East Anglia.
    11. One of the reasons climate models predict similar outcomes is that they are all based on a single algorithm...which itself has not been tested.

edit: oh, by the way, the data for arctic ice only goes back to 1959... That's when the first satellite photos were taken. Moreover, there appears to be a magma pool heating the ground under the Greenland ice sheet--but I'm unsure of this last one.
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 01-06-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Default global cooling

[QUOTE=akspyderman;739896]I don't think one year makes a trend. It is warmer here than the lower 48. Summers have been trending warmer and the polar ice and glaciers are melting at a record pace. Some say the warming trend is causing the weird weather. Bigger tornados, hurricanes, wider spread storm fronts. Not a scientist here--but not willing to throw in the towel on global warming either. JMHO.[/QUOT3
    i
    I respect your opinion,especially yourwealthof knowledge about syders,but I don't buy global warming. Makes for a nice conversation though
    ronbo

Spyder Garage

The UK Meteorological Office has just announced that the UK this week "celebrates" a full 21 year trend of cooling temperatures. In the past the Green Lobby used to refer to it as "Global Warming" but now they call it "Climate Change".

The new name is a good strategy -- particularly as the Mediterranean Climate they were promising us 20 years ago disappointingly did not arrive. Personally, my priority was not to begin growing grapes but to enjoy a longer riding season on board my Spyder. Was it too much to expect?
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 01-07-2014 at 07:03 AM.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Trying to discuss "facts" that are slanted and spun to support either contention will get you nowhere. This is simply another divisive political stance to support income redistribution while lining political pockets. Those that are running the carbon scheme get to set up their own stock market for carbon credits. Of course some of the huge profits made in brokering and speculating on these credits will filter back to supporting politicians to keep it going and expand it.
    So the key question is--if there really is GW, will the carbon scam really do any good? Would it actually reduce usage and would that have any real effect on our climate? We've all seen the stats on natural sources of carbon. Would we simply be better off to try and improve our climate through science rather than political nonsense?
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Looks like we one

Spyder Garage

I'd move :tooCold:

Spyder Garage

Default Antarctic Ozone Hole

The ozone hole, unlike global warming is very real and probably has everything to do with the summertime advance of sea ice around Antarctica. Those CFCs that were banned here are still being used in China and much of the developing nations of the world. The effects even if they were globally banned will take centuries to reverse themselves. The ozone layer acts as a protective blanket that not only stops harmful incoming radiation, but also traps outgoing radiation which is infrared or heat radiation. The North Pole is also in jeopardy of losing it's ozone cap, but the global warming people are letting this information fall through the cracks. Ice Age anyone??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is almost as much fun as arguing about helmets, guns, and oils put together!
    Ultimately; what can we do about ANY of it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is almost as much fun as arguing about helmets, guns, and oils put together!
    Ultimately; what can we do about ANY of it?

Spyder Garage

Everyone seems to have an opinion on the subject. I want to know where the scientific studies are that disprove global warming. Your opinion does not trump peer reviewed scientific studies...

BTW - If you research it, the "scientific community" did NOT back the claims of the earth cooling years ago. It was only a couple scientists who made that claim yet we keep hearing it over an over.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just kind of dig the fact that the "tourists" who recently got stranded in the ice in Antarctica weren't tourists; they were scientists, that were there to study Global Warming ...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am always skeptical of articles that start out with: "Leading scientists say . . . " because "Leading scientists" are, in fact "funded scientists" and "funded scientists" get funding by saying what those in power want said, therefore "leading scientists" = "political parrots." Climate and weather are two different, although somewhat related, things. Here is some interesting reading that argues against man-made CO2 being the cause for climate change . . . http://notrickszone.com/2011/08/08/j...obvious-fraud/

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    This is another thread where reason, scientific evidence and consensus will be overcome by those who, while unqualified to speak on the topic, will do so.
    "
    You are absolutely correct but is a qualification necessary before a thinking human being can be allowed to express a layman's opinion? There are examples throughout human history where learned experts working alone or in isolated cliques has lead to fundamental errors of judgement, errors which may have been mitigated had common sense from an unqualified outside source been heeded.
    Just askin'.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Default Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    The UK Meteorological Office has just announced that the UK this week "celebrates" a full 21 year trend of cooling temperatures. In the past the Green Lobby used to refer to it as "Global Warming" but now they call it "Climate Change".

The new name is a good strategy -- particularly as the Mediterranean Climate they were promising us 20 years ago disappointingly did not arrive. Personally, my priority was not to begin growing grapes but to enjoy a longer riding season on board my Spyder. Was it too much to expect?
    London is roughly the same latitude as Hudson Bay and should have the same temps if it were not for the Gulf Stream which brings warm water up from the equatorial regions. The melting Greenland Icesheet is expected to cut off the Gulf Stream conveyor which will result in COLDER temps in the UK. Seems like your observations about cooling temps in the UK fit right in with the Global Warming predictions. Congrats

Spyder Garage

Default Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    I taught statistics at the University of California, Riverside. I also taught several subjects in the MBA program. These are my observations on global warming.
    edit: oh, by the way, the data for arctic ice only goes back to 1959... That's when the first satellite photos were taken. Moreover, there appears to be a magma pool heating the ground under the Greenland ice sheet--but I'm unsure of this last one.
    By using the data from Ice Core Drilling, scientists can study the atmospheric conditions back 350,000 years. That's a little before 1959.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    You are absolutely correct but is a qualification necessary before a thinking human being can be allowed to express a layman's opinion? There are examples throughout human history where learned experts working alone or in isolated cliques has lead to fundamental errors of judgement, errors which may have been mitigated had common sense from an unqualified outside source been heeded.
    Just askin'.
    My opinion is not "a layman's opinion". See my post above. The people who use the data to prove global warming are not analyzing the data correctly. That is not a surprise. It is in their financial interest to behave the way they do. Remember the ads "Four out of five doctors recommend Chesterfield [cigarettes]?"
    http://www.healthcare-administration...better-health/

If the studies cannot be duplicated by disinterested parties, if you can't have the original source data, or if margins of error and both the incidence of false positives and false negatives are not published, then you can pretty well bet that the conclusions are bogus. Few people remember the "scientific" support for eugenitics. This was the "science" that supported the actions of the Nazis during the holocaust.

If data does not support theory, then the theory is wrong. That is simple scientific method.
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 01-07-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    By using the data from Ice Core Drilling, scientists can study the atmospheric conditions back 350,000 years. That's a little before 1959.

Personally, I think the earth is only 6,000 to 8,000 years old like the bible says, so the 350,000 years is one mans theory that is to be highly debated. Lol