Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TELL ME AGAIN ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING ???

I think good old Al Gore should take a look outside and then
    explain global warming again .... yea right burr it's even cold in
    California as far as California weather goes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I don't think one year makes a trend. It is warmer here than the lower 48. Summers have been trending warmer and the polar ice and glaciers are melting at a record pace. Some say the warming trend is causing the weird weather. Bigger tornados, hurricanes, wider spread storm fronts. Not a scientist here--but not willing to throw in the towel on global warming either. JMHO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank goodness for global warming. Imagine how cold it would be without it!

Seriously though, glaciers are moving at record pace. Fast enough to trap global warming scientists in 10'+ of ice in Antarctica in the middle of summer down there. I love the irony.

Should we do what is reasonable to be good stewards of the environment?. Sure we should. Do I believe that we generate enough of anything to cause something like global warming....nope. There are much bigger forces that can affect much bigger changes than we can even dream of.

So at a high of negative 10, I'm gonna hit the remote start and let the truck warm for 10 minutes to do my part.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Global warming??
    That's just all of the "hot air" being relased by our National, State, and local governments!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

there is no such thing as global warming. the polar ice caps are not melting either. please don't believe everything the media preaches. just follow the money trail.

btw .. that ship stuck in the ice for the past few weeks down south? well they were there to report on the melting ice caps and global warming. guess they have their answer now. i wish they would have had Al Gore with them!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

The term is wrong and you are wrong.

Global climate change means increased thermal energy leading to dramatic and unpredictable weather and other phenomena.

Extreme cold and dangerous weather patterns are part of that change.

Science is science. Opinion is opinion. And the Internet generally allows each to have an equal voice regardless of the outcome.

SMH
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But Doc ,
    If you keep talking LOGIC to us; it'll confuse our already make-up minds...

Spyder Garage

This isn't Spyder related so it probably won't last long. But it affects all of us, on or off a Spyder. It is certainly a story that everyone should know to get a proper perspective on 'Global Warming' claims.

Global warming expedition to Antarctica - The expedition is being lead by Chris Turney, a climate scientist, who was hoping to reach the base camp of Douglas Mawson, one of the most famous Antarctic explorers, and repeat observations done by him in 1912 to see what impact climate change had made.

74 Global warming scientists and advocates plus the ships crew went to Antarctica In an ice-strengthened ship to prove to the world that Antarctic sea ice was disappearing because of manmade global warming (caused by CO2) This was done in celebration of the trip made about 100 years ago and to follow in the footsteps of explorer Douglas Mawson. They got stuck in 11 foot thick sea ice which, because of global warming, should not be there. A hundred years ago, the entire region, right up to the shore, was completely clear of ice. Explorer Douglas Mawson got within 50 yards of shore in a wooden ship with only a sextant, and was only stopped because of shallow water. He then traveled 300 miles inland.

No one was claiming 'Doomsday' because of Global Warming from Mawson's findings.

The Shokalskiy research ship is stuck several miles off shore and will be crushed by the thickening (not melting) ice if it is not rescued soon.

Five years ago Al Gore stated emphatically, in several widely acclaimed speeches, that all polar ice would be gone in 5 years. There is more polar ice today than when Al Gore made these statements.

It is the middle of Summer in Antarctica right now....
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-06-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Waiting for the next ice age... we have had 5 in the history of the planet, and it will happen again. Funny how science can be manipulated as well. JMHO

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Really

Dave I was out for a ryde yesterday before the 49ers whooped the Packers and it was 65 degrees. Don't tell everyone they will all want to move here!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default -9 on the way to work

OK I get it. The climate is changing. If you think about it though, hasn't the climate been getting warmer since the end of the last ice age?

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SAD SAD SAD

AL GORE with all his MILLIONS is not worth talking about, or anything he says

Spyder Garage

I knew this one would be fun. No one of us is going to solve the situation or even convince anyone else to change their minds. Just read on and enjoy. Que Sera Sera.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For those that believe in the global warming trend, you will have to provide more credible evidence; especially to its cause, for more to believe you. There is a good portion of the "scientists" promoting global-warming that have effectively been discredited; while some have simply admitted to their inaccurate data. This hurts the cause of global-warming advocates.

Al Gore's plea was obviously self-serving; thus his credibility has been greatly diminished. Certainly the carbon-credit scheme is just that... a scheme. The carbon-credit system has existed for many years in the U.S.; much to the surprise of many. Gore just wanted to include more businesses to ultimately increase the market-trades for these credits. (Keep in mind, Gore's company makes money on the trading of carbon-credits. The more companies/industries involved, the larger the market for carbon-credits from which he makes money by brokering.)

For those liking science, they should realize the carbon-credit scheme isn't going to stop global-warming, if, in fact, carbon is causing global-warming. This is because a large portion of the world is causing far more pollution than we do in the U.S. China would be my first example...

Now... no person, in their right-mind, wants to destroy their environment -- no one. Myself included. While I am not an radical about global-warming and pollution, I do like a clean environment. We have had enough history documenting the poisoning of our country to know mankind can "make a mess of their house".

However, one must look at the underlying agenda of those most interested in promoting the theory; and it is still a theory at this point. I have tried to look at the scientific evidence, and as many theories, data, and sides as I believe one person can; but I am still left empty-handed with anything tangible. There simply are far too many variables and immeasurable data to nail it down to any one cause -- including mankind's existence.

The most interesting information I read regarding effects on the earth's atmosphere has to do with sun-spots. Apparently, we have more direct data regarding this information than we do with other suspected causes. I am more convinced it might have more of an effect than many may believe.

However; the earth has been warming for a long, long time. Where I stand at this moment at one-time was covered with a ½ mile thick sheet of ice. Ummm... I imagine if I would have been living during that time and were somehow able to survive to today... I would believe there is global-warming occurring. The facts would be undeniable.

Lastly, for those who are most concerned about the subject, and are compelled to be advocates of global-warming; it might be a good idea for you to lead by example, and show us how you can live today without your petrol-chemical products, goods, and lifestyle. I believe it would be extremely difficult to do so, but if you could show us a quality of life in doing so, I am sure many more would follow.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

I thought it was called Climate change not global warming, that's so 1990s.

Spyder Garage

Default Global Warming

I teach Instrumentation and Measurement in a College Engineering curriculum. One of the most
    egregious problems that I try to impress on the students is looking at one or even a few data points
    and then making a prediction on the behavior of the system is a big problem. We call this UNDERSAMPLING.
    You cannot look at one day's data or even one year's data and make a judgement on the behavior of the system in general.
    You need to collect data that covers thousands of years. The scientific community has done this and
    they are 97% in agreement that climate change is occurring. Even more egregious are the ones, such
    as yourself, that "Cherry Pick" the data. You 1)form an opinion then 2)find some anomaly that agrees
    with your opinion and try to promote it as fact. This is not science, this is ignorance.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    I teach Instrumentation and Measurement in a College Engineering curriculum. One of the most
    egregious problems that I try to impress on the students is looking at one or even a few data points
    and then making a prediction on the behavior of the system is a big problem. We call this UNDERSAMPLING.
    You cannot look at one day's data or even one year's data and make a judgement on the behavior of the system in general.
    You need to collect data that covers thousands of years. The scientific community has done this and
    they are 97% in agreement that climate change is occurring. Even more egregious are the ones, such
    as yourself, that "Cherry Pick" the data. You 1)form an opinion then 2)find some anomaly that agrees
    with your opinion and try to promote it as fact. This is not science, this is ignorance.
    Show me your definitive facts to prove your statement about the cause of climate change. We already know the earth has been warming... tell us something we do not know. What is causing it? What are the facts to that?

If you would please...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

It was 'Global Cooling' in the 70's. That didn't pan out so it was 'Global Warming' in the 90's.

That has been going south in a big hurry, so the prognosticators (needing some pending catastrophe to preserve the revenue flow) have finally landed on the term that can be applied no matter which way it goes.

Global Climate Change is now the 'Doom-Dujour'.

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default It's weather..!!

no one has conqured weather any better than curing the common cold....ask any snivelling,sneezing weatherman...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So, did we go overboard with the 51 things we can do to help global cooling?

On the Prius note, I love them....every time I passed on in the GTO it made me feel good inside. but the wife wanted an Avalanche and we needed the garage space for the Spyders...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

I heard a statistic today that it is mostly younger people who believe this whole global warming bullcrap, so I think you are pretty safe on this forum.

Spyder Garage

If you back check, a large number of the same "scientists" that are talking global whatever were talking "ice age" 40 years ago. They just follow the money.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It was 'Global Cooling' in the 70's. That didn't pan out so it was 'Global Warming' in the 90's.

That has been going south in a big hurry, so the prognosticators (needing some pending catastrophe to preserve the revenue flow) have finally landed on the term that can be applied no matter which way it goes.

Global Climate Change is now the 'Doom-Dujour'.

I love you more and more every day, don't tell anybody.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I love you more and more every day, don't tell anybody.

20 Year Low Temps here in NE Ohio Tonight.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories