Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyders and Smokes

How many my Spyder friends also appreciate a fine premium cigar? What do you smoke?
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joebryanjr View Post
    How many my Spyder friends also appreciate a fine premium cigar? What do you smoke?
    A great topic--but you started it late for me. I used to be one of those cigar types. I quit smoking cold turkey when I moved into my new house in Oct 2010. Have not had a cigar since.

I was a good customer from a couple of the big national companies and got their monthly catalogs. I did good cigars for over 30 years or so. In moderation--never more than two at the same time.

I started like most--Garcia Vega, Backwoods and Tiparillos. These were what I called my "fishing" cigars. They were always with me when I went canoeing in the wilderness.

Tried most of the premium brands--even the $11 a pop Sinatra's. Never went any more expensive than that. They turned out to be okay--but nothing I would buy on a regular basis. Preferred Natural and Candela wrappers, 40 to 50 ring width and 5" or longer. Did not meet to many cigars I did not like. Was always interested in those premium flavored ones. I realized not everyone likes the aroma of a fine cigar. You name the brand and I probably experienced them at least once.

From 1994 on--all my cigar adventures were outside.

I still get the catalogs from time to time and like to peruse them. I have not buckled down and bought more though.

I will sit back and enjoy the memories. My dog and I solved many of the worlds problems over a good backyard cigar intermission.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-04-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

as long as you are the one smoking things are good...just take it outside..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Makers Mark, American Eagles, Gurkha Legend.

I don't smoke cigars much anymore either. Quit cigarettes in '83. Quit chewing in '84. A few of the guys in our MC do the cigar bit. I had one two months ago. That was the first one in a few years. Can't and won't smoke them in the house.
    Last edited by bruiser; 01-04-2014 at 04:28 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Don Diego, Gurka.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I enjoy the mild to medium blends, especially Dominicans. My inexpensive every day is a Casa Blanca, a CAO Eileen's Dream (flavored), a Tabak Especial or Isla Del Sol (both coffee flavored) with the Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real for nicer occasions. The acid C-notes and Blondies are also in my humidor, with a few specials such as Gurkha Grand Reserves, and some assorted more or less expensive sticks. Always have a humidor with me when I travel. See you at Spyderfest!
    And we do not smoke in house or camper, BTW.
    NHL Hockey - Still the greatest game on earth! Let's Go Flyers!
    2012 RT Limited, Lava Bronze / Tan "Scootie", Ultimate seat and other goodies.
    2016 Voltage 3970, Full Paint and all options
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10 Tow Monster
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My favorites

I enjoy most Ghurkas, Brick House, Macanudos, and others. I like variety. I also do not smoke them in the house, car, etc. Last year my wife got me a propane heater for the patio so I go out there if it is not too cold!
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Cigars are a relatively new hobby of mine. Used to smoke just one or two a year...now way more regular. Had a good Ruination by Man of War today while at my shotgun club. Lately been smoking Gurkha Vipers, Undercrowns, Legatos by Pepin, and a few others. My favorite are Liga Privadas...but pricey.

Ruination.jpg

Spyder Garage

When I lived in Plattsburgh, NY, 25 miles south of the Canadian border, I was smoking a box of Cubans a week! When I moved, I tried everything and found nothing as good, and stopped smoking, cold turkey! I have had a few since then . . . even got some Cubans when a co-worker spent a couple weeks in intergovernmental talks with Cuba several years ago, and brought me a couple Romeo y Julieta smokes . . . but I guess my smoking days are over.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I've had Romeo Cubans. They are very good..but you can find equally as good in the US, no question.

Spyder Garage

I quit cigarettes in 1990 and got interested in cigars in 1995. I got really into it, but was and still am forbidden to stoke one up in the house. I do spend a lot of time in my shop though and I allow smoking.
    My daughters surprise me with expensive cigars for special occasions, but I'm probably only averaging about 2 a week now.
    When riding the mower my favorite is Arturo Fuente Curlyhead in natural wrapper. The Arturo Fuente 858 is a good hot tub cigar and I have some Fuente Opus X for weddings, funerals, and really special occasions.
    I've tried most everything over the years and have found some really good "sleeper " smokes that aren't very expensive and a a good "shop cigar" for sharing with neighbors and friends while sitting around the shop BS'ing and drinking beer. The Tabak Special "Negra" is a fine flavorful smoke but a little on the pricey side for a shop smoke. Five Star, LaFinca, Casa de Garcia, and Flor de Gonzales produce a good smoke for around $2.00.
    Yeah, I was one of the few at Lamont's BBQ walking around with a stogie.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.