Spyder Garage

Default Is there a BRACKET ?

I have the 2012 RTS. I purchased a set of LED Spot Lights. I want to put them on the front lower A-frame (one on each side). I require a bracket of some type so I can mount these lights. The light has about a 3/8" bolt which has to be fastend to some type of bracket. The LED I puchased is the "THG 4x 3W Cree LED.
    Any ideas where I can purhase a bracket or how to make one ?

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not sure if this would work or not...
    Could you just drill a hole in the polymer A-arm cover, and bolt it to that?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm not sure if this would work or not...
    Could you just drill a hole in the polymer A-arm cover, and bolt it to that?
    I was thinking that too but I think it will be too loose and the beam of the light bouncing around.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Measure the A-arm diameter, and find someting to wrap around it... notche the cover a little bit, run your bracket under the cover, and stick the light down through both the cover and your bracket...
    I'd look in a Dennis Kirk catalog for some sort of accessory bracket...
    Happy Hunting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hey Spydertrike where did you get your RT ? St.Onge Recreation ? I think Bobs got the right idea . Head on over to Home Depot and by a piece of flat steel 3/4 "-1" cut it so it rests on both tubes of the upper A arm, drill a hole through it and add a lock washer and nut to the treaded bolt of the light . Paint it black to hide it better.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Hey Spydertrike where did you get your RT ? St.Onge Recreation ? I think Bobs got the right idea . Head on over to Home Depot and by a piece of flat steel 3/4 "-1" cut it so it rests on both tubes of the upper A arm, drill a hole through it and add a lock washer and nut to the treaded bolt of the light . Paint it black to hide it better.
    I bought it from St Onge - Barrie. Great dealership to deal with. Bought it in Jan 2013.
    Bob does have a good idea.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

if they are the bar type lights you can mount them with double sided tape. But if you mount fogs with bolts make sure you have flat stock support on back.
    20130111_122039.jpg
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default A Arm Light Mount

Since you mentioned the "A" arms for a mounting location, I would come off one (or 2) of the tupperware mounting metal tabs welded to the "A" arm (factory). There are 2 of these tabs (about 2" apart) near the wheel, front and back of the top "A" arm that I would utilize both of these for a little extra stability. You will have to make your own bracket out of flat stock 1/8" (or thinner) X 1/2" wide metal strap. After you look under the top "A" arm tupperware you will see what I am talking about.

Best of Luck
    If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have aver mounted two LED top and bottom on each side
    i used a small clamp used for securing electrical conduit to a wall, and secured the actual lamp body inside it, looks pretty good, and very good value for money.
    The conduit in UK IS 22mm diameter externally which fitted the diameter of the lamp perfectly.

I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrike View Post
    I have the 2012 RTS. I purchased a set of LED Spot Lights. I want to put them on the front lower A-frame (one on each side). I require a bracket of some type so I can mount these lights. The light has about a 3/8" bolt which has to be fastend to some type of bracket. The LED I puchased is the "THG 4x 3W Cree LED.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default spots

Thanks
    can you post a pic of the lamps?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    can you post a pic of the lamps?
    Hi. I have ordered the lights on line but I have yet to receive them. Delivery is approx four weeks.
    I did see the same lights at the Toronto bike show and I was impressed with them. I think these lights will make the bike more visable during day & night.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi. I have ordered the lights on line but I have yet to receive them. Delivery is approx four weeks.
    I did see the same lights at the Toronto bike show and I was impressed with them. I think these lights will make the bike more visable during day & night.
    Hi spydertrike! Here's a link for you. http://trailers.go-atv.com/thg-4x-3w...0euvfq5y-sale/

Spyder Garage

One of the SpyderLovers sponsors, KewlMetal, used to make and sell a bracket that mounted on the front fender support strut. Not sure if it is still being sold but would not hurt to look.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

heres mine i just put the bolt through the plastick part and it holds good.but now some one said to use some moore metal with it sounds better and ill do the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default fender washers

a large fender washer underneath, or on top and underneath, would work well to spread out the load on the plastic, to prevent cracking.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everyone for their help/ideas. Over the winter I will make up some type of bracket using the suggested ideas.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    heres mine i just put the bolt through the plastick part and it holds good.but now some one said to use some moore metal with it sounds better and ill do the same.
    I did the same thing on my GS. I used some large washers on the underside to spread the pressure like COZ suggested and I also put rubber washers on the top and bottom to cushion the vibration. It worked fine. I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my RT.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can add rubber washer too. More visibility add safety on the road.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    I wouldn't mind a pair of these on my '08GS A arms.

Are they only for off-road or can you legally use them on the highway?

I can get a pair from Amazon for $70 including shipping to Canada as per OJ UK's link

Thanks

og
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

I generally don't like putting anything on my toys unless it is "OEM" looking. I have over two dozen mods on my ride but at first look you'd think it just rolled off the dealship. My reason is that unless the add-ons can match up to the machine I just paid 20 large for, I am not goin gto throw some bs after market junk to cheapen the look. With that said, I did find quiet a few after market parts that look factory and/or made my ride look even better in addition to the function I bought it for.

I think ESI already make a pretty nice LED puck lights.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS