Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Finacial Concerns

For you that feel Bombardier do not have the money to support the you may fine this of interest.

Bombardier sells 10 jets for $259m http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25555320

With the problems that people seem to have with their not sure that they would want to fly on one of there jets. Do remember though that Bombardier have been building aircraft much longer then so maybe it is just a matter of time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That would be one thing if Bombardier and BRP were one and the same. But they were sold or spun off from Bombardier several years ago.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnP View Post
    For you that feel Bombardier do not have the money to support the you may fine this of interest.

With the problems that people seem to have with their not sure that they would want to fly on one of there jets. Do remember though that Bombardier have been building aircraft much longer then so maybe it is just a matter of time.
    Bombardier sold off BRP in 2003 and no longer has any financial interest in the company.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry

Sorry my bad did not know that l Bombardier had sold off BRP.

Spyder Garage

Sorry my bad did not know that l Bombardier had sold off BRP.
    But the Bombadier family still owns at least 35% of it maybe more now that Bain has jumped ship. It also went public recently.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What was the original point of this thread?
    Maybe I'm just "end of the year tired" or something; but if you don't like BRP, Can Am, Bombardier, Ski Doo, Lynx, Evinrude,LaBatt's, Maple syrup, or Lear; just don't buy them...

Sorry... I feel better now!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What was the original point of this thread?
    IMaybe I'm just "end of the year tired" or something; but if you don't like BRP, Can Am, Bombardier, Ski Doo, Lynx, Evinrude,LaBatt's, Maple syrup, or Lear; just don't buy them...

Sorry... I feel better now!
    h
    Well said Bob.Could not agree with you more.
    ivor

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They got my $27 grand and all I got was a.............. never mind!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Be grateful that they have gone their separate ways. There's an old adage in aviation..."to make a small fortune in aviation you need to start with a large one". Most aircraft manufacturers have trouble keeping their doors open (even with an occasional decent order). Biz jets are a limited market with tough competition.
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    h
    Well said Bob.Could not agree with you more.
    ivor
    Thanks Ivor,
    I don't mean to be sounding so ... crusty!

Spyder Garage

BRP has been building snowmobiles for 55 years. That gives them a pretty good track record IMO.
    The airplane part was gone from the company eleven years ago, so that no longer relates to anything. If you are going to flame the company's products do some research first.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

BOB
    they got my money and I got a great machine...if I could justify buying their other products would do it in a heartbeat...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We got a great fun machine too!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

No need to flame BRP and brand over this one. Like others said. Apples and oranges here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I rode my Spyder yesterday and today. All total 127 miles. If I didn't like it I would get something else. It is as much fun as any two wheeler--different, but at least as much fun. It is as reliable as any other motorcycle I've owned. I think My $25K could not have been spent on a better machine. Just my (not so) humble opinion.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Did anyone's grandfather ever say to them "if you don't have something nice to say just say nothing?" I hope so and I hope we will all practice that more in 2014
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default I think we are living in different times !

Lets not pretend that some of the spyder do not have any problems , It's common sense and a natural human reaction if one spend 20 grand or over and their unit has issues , you bet there going to voice thiere opinion . Yes these units are fun to ride and that's if you have a great working unit then kudos to ya , it's not all love some times ,

t

Spyder Garage

Sounded to me like the thread opener was just showing some info and everyone turned it around as if he was flaming the company?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm just glad the 2013 did not have wings and flies or else.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SNOOPY;737270]Sounded to me like the thread opener was just showing some info and everyone turned it around as if he was flaming the company?

I understood the OP to be indicating that there was no need to be worried about BRP's financial stability. Even though he was wrong about his info (and he admitted it), I didn't see it as flaming.

Spyder Garage

The BRP company created a product which I truly enjoy. They sell it to lots of naturally happy people. They sell it to lots of people who become happy as a result. Unfortunately the sell it to a few nabobs.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

[QUOTE=Rid'nrandy;737281]
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Sounded to me like the thread opener was just showing some info and everyone turned it around as if he was flaming the company?

I understood the OP to be indicating that there was no need to be worried about BRP's financial stability. Even though he was wrong about his info (and he admitted it), I didn't see it as flaming.
    Thanks SNOOPY and Rid'nrandy you are both correct. I'am sorry that my intensions where so greatly missed and in the future I'll watch what I say a lot closer. I believe that Bombardier is a very good company and have proven them selfs over the years to be just that. Bombardier created BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products) and they make some great equipment. The Can-am Spyder happens to be one of those products. I happen to love my Spyder and have enjoyed every minute with it. When one considers that the Spyder is less the ten years old and in most cases would still be concedered in development, it is a really nice machine with a great future. My intention was to point out that Bombardier had just made two great deals for a lot of money in a time when most companies where just getting by. That shows a lot of trust in a company to make those type of sales. I read a lot of discontent on this site about the Spyder and some of the problems that people have had. I'm sorry those people have had those thing happen. In time I'm sure that the Spyder will become one of the better motorcycles on the market, but to get there it takes time and money. So once again, sorry for the miss understanding.
    Last edited by BigJohnP; 01-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BigJohnP;737303]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rid'nrandy View Post

Thanks SNOOPY and Rid'nrandy you are both correct. I'am sorry that my intensions where so greatly missed and in the future I'll watch what I say a lot closer. I believe that Bombardier is a very good company and have proven them selfs over the years to be just that. Bombardier created BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products) and they make some great equipment. The Can-am Spyder happens to be one of those products. I happen to love my Spyder and have enjoyed every minute with it. When one considers that the Spyder is less the ten years old and in most cases would still be concedered in development, it is a really nice machine with a great future. My intention was to point out that Bombardier had just made two great deals for a lot of many in a time when most companies where just getting by. That shows a lot of trust in a company to make those type of sales. I read a lot of discontent on this site about the Spyder and some of the problems that people have had. I'm sorry those people have had those thing happen. In time I'm sure that the Spyder will become one of the better motorcycles on the market, but to get there it takes time and money. So once again, sorry for the miss understanding.
    John:

please accept my apologies. I misunderstood your post.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"With the problems that people seem to have with their not sure that they would want to fly on one of there jets."
    A better explanation of this statement might be in order...