Thread: Test Ryde

Spyder Garage

Default Test Ryde

Well, I have my 2014 RT test ryde scheduled for January 8th. I'm taking my 2011 RT-AC in for service and Chuck at CFPS will have a new 2014 ready for me to ryde. My wife's coming along with me so we'll be able to figure out if we want the 2014 or we'll keep the 2011. Should be fun!
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Good luck and enjoy your test ryde. The 2011 A&C is a very nice ryde--IMO. The 2014 offers some distinct differences. Decisions, decisions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

have a great test ryde and hope it helps you make up your mind. Not many reports in yet... Will wait for your...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't wait to hear your impressions of the 2014!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good luck..I'm kinda getting caught up in the hype also. Logical part of me says:
    1) wait for owner reports of any teething pain problems with all the new changes
    2) prices will come down as dealers get more inventory and more likely to deal (should at least make up for any trade in loss).
    3) you've got a nice machine now
    The impulse buyer part of me says:
    1) more power, torque, 6 gears, displaced radiators, better suspension
    2) be the first kid on the block
    I'll let the little angel and devil on my shoulders fight it out for a while longer and see who wins.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Good luck..I'm kinda getting caught up in the hype also. Logical part of me says:
    1) wait for owner reports of any teething pain problems with all the new changes
    2) prices will come down as dealers get more inventory and more likely to deal (should at least make up for any trade in loss).
    3) you've got a nice machine now
    The impulse buyer part of me says:
    1) more power, torque, 6 gears, displaced radiators, better suspension
    2) be the first kid on the block
    I'll let the little angel and devil on my shoulders fight it out for a while longer and see who wins.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=flybuddy;I'll let the little angel and devil on my shoulders fight it out for a while longer and see who wins.[/QUOTE]

Rock em sock em.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I took the test ride and was quite impressed with the 2014. It's really a different "bike" than my 2011 RT-AC...looks the same, but the engine and transmission make it a different beast. I actually rode it for a couple of hours in city traffic and on the freeway and had absolute no problems with it...I really liked it! That being said, my wife and I talked it over and I just can't see buying one right now. I'm perfectly happy with my 2011 and only have 10,000 miles on it, so I'm going to stay with it for the time being. We'll relook at things next year. However, if anyone else is thinking about a 2014, go ahead and ride one! They are really great machines...I think BRP really got it right with this one.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    I took the test ride and was quite impressed with the 2014. It's really a different "bike" than my 2011 RT-AC...looks the same, but the engine and transmission make it a different beast. I actually rode it for a couple of hours in city traffic and on the freeway and had absolute no problems with it...I really liked it! That being said, my wife and I talked it over and I just can't see buying one right now. I'm perfectly happy with my 2011 and only have 10,000 miles on it, so I'm going to stay with it for the time being. We'll relook at things next year. However, if anyone else is thinking about a 2014, go ahead and ride one! They are really great machines...I think BRP really got it right with this one.
    You are very strong. I succumbed to the above scenario back in the late 70's. Took my pickup truck in for service and while waiting for it to be done, went and looked at the new Dodge Daytona on the showroom floor. Climbed in, started playing around with the controls, and ended up driving home in the Daytona. Someone got a freshly serviced pick up truck.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red