Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well that looks almost like TOO much fun!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

No one has mentioned the Kel-Tec .380. It has been out for years and, if you put it side-by-side with the Ruger, you'll see that the Ruger is a blatant copy.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I could be wrong about this...
    But doesn't the Kel-Tec fire from a locked breach. Just about everybody else uses the blowback method...

Spyder Garage

Bob, I'm trying to figure out a way to mount it in the frunk.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're gonna need to "frunk Monkey" to amn it for you... The-Expendables-Statham-Shoots-From-Plane-50p.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-30-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Care whether it's a Revolver or a semi-auto?
    Snoopy, I'm looking for a semi-auto. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i really like the S&W 380 body guard
    I'm hearing a lot of good things about the bodyguard. Tom

Spyder Garage

You guys are awesome! Thanks, Tom

Spyder Garage

I have a Taurus 380 ACP. Good grip even though I have long fingers and is very easily concealed. Mine only likes to shoot Winchester slugs though without jamming. Run a few hundred rounds through before relying on it. Decently priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default .380

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Who carries, or owns, a .380 handgun? Make, are you happy with it? Or what would you rather have? In a .380. Looking to buy one. Light weight, good feel, good shooting. Tom

I carry a S & W bodyguard with laser in my purse loaded with personal defense rounds. It's small and light. I practice with it at the range about 2x/year - no more than I need to. The grip is short so if I'm not paying real close attention, my hand rides up and I tear the skin between my thumb and forefinger. Too much drama for the range, but it is OK as a carry weapon. I also have a Browning .380 that I carry in my car. It's a very nice gun and doesn't have the grip problem. You might also look at the S & W, M & P series. I've shot the 9mm and it's a very nice gun to shoot, just a little larger. All are very accurate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Khaki View Post
    I carry a S & W bodyguard with laser in my purse loaded with personal defense rounds. It's small and light. I practice with it at the range about 2x/year - no more than I need to. The grip is short so if I'm not paying real close attention, my hand rides up and I tear the skin between my thumb and forefinger. Too much drama for the range, but it is OK as a carry weapon. I also have a Browning .380 that I carry in my car. It's a very nice gun and doesn't have the grip problem. You might also look at the S & W, M & P series. I've shot the 9mm and it's a very nice gun to shoot, just a little larger. All are very accurate.

Just bought a S&W M&P 9 mm, can't wait for a chance to shoot it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ruger LCP380
    that is what i carry and like it, besides is cheap, i paid $298 plus tax.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I have a Seecamp .32 that is wonderful for concealment, but its very finicky with ammo choices.
    Mine likes Winchester SilverTips... Feeds them flawlessly... I've never had a stoppage with them!
    But I've heard good things about Speer ammo also!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's why I've got a half a case of them; dfownstairs in the basement!

Spyder Garage

Ok gang. I settled on a S+W .380 Bodyguard w/laser. Picked it up today. They took me through all the small .380's and small 9mm's. Went in to buy a used Kimber mini 9mm they had w/laser. Three different sales people said stay away from it. Unless you were to buy their full size .45, or 9mm. Worked with 2 men, one woman who didn't rush with the sale. Also gave me 2 hours time at an indoor range. Thanks everyone! Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The .380 is good medicine!
    Do you reload?
    I've worked up some decent loads for my .380 Colt...

Spyder Garage

Why are you posting this question on a Can-Am Spyder forum?

Seriously?

You do realize this is a trike forum. Or maybe not.

There's any number of other forums that could answer your burning question.

Dan
    2013 RT SE5 in dark grey

Seal floorboards

Spyder Garage

It's in the "Off Topic " section. Chill.
    Let's talk about the "wives and girl friends" thread you started.
    Last edited by SpyderDen; 01-02-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default in new york city

it used to be you could sell a pistol and than take the bill of sale to one police plaza and show them the paper and they would take the gun off your permit, so i used to arrange to get a new purchase order for the gun i wanted to get and in one day i could pick up the new purchase order and give them the bill of sale for the other and get it all done.

now the city wants you to be approved to sell a gun, it takes 2 to 3 weeks than they want you to go down there to pick up the papers to sell the gun, than they want you to request to buy a new gun another 2 to 3 weeks and you have to go back down there to pick that paper up and when you get the new pistol you have 24 hrs to go back down for inspection of the new pistol.

so after begging the pistol section i managed to get this all done in one day to get rid of my GLOCK 19 and pick up the S&W 380 bodyguard because my mom had a stroke and just wanted to get everything done when i had people to look after mom when i ran down. than mom had the second stroke that put her in a home and i sat with her every day from 10 to 6. so i asked them to put everything with the guns on hold and they said NO WAY and to wright letters again when i was ready to do what i wanted to do.

so all you folks that can walk into a store and buy a gun have got it made. the city charges 375 bucks for a two year permit and will do anything to make you want to sell your guns and live w/o them.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Ok gang. I settled on a S+W .380 Bodyguard w/laser. Picked it up today. They took me through all the small .380's and small 9mm's. Went in to buy a used Kimber mini 9mm they had w/laser. Three different sales people said stay away from it. Unless you were to buy their full size .45, or 9mm. Worked with 2 men, one woman who didn't rush with the sale. Also gave me 2 hours time at an indoor range. Thanks everyone! Tom

Nice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancote View Post
    Why are you posting this question on a Can-Am Spyder forum?

Seriously?

You do realize this is a trike forum. Or maybe not.

There's any number of other forums that could answer your burning question.

Dan
    Because (1) it is of interest to us and (2) it does not violate the rules of the forum . . . if it bothers you, just ignore the thread . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I have a Ruger LCR .38 as well, nice gun, but like you said you don't want to shoot it unless you have to...it's very uncomfortable w such a short stock.

Well, no longer own my Ruger LCR , trading it in on a Mossberg 930 Semi Auto shotgun. Lol

I sorta fell in love with it when I saw it. Lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDen View Post
    It's in the "Off Topic " section. Chill.
    Let's talk about the "wives and girl friends" thread you started.
    And that would be what exactly? A link. or are you totally internet incompetent.
    2013 RT SE5 in dark grey

Seal floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancote View Post
    And that would be what exactly? A link. or are you totally internet incompetent.
    I'm guessing he's talking about this post http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...The-girlfriend and name calling never helps. Just saying

This is an off topic board and most of us are comfortable about talking about guns. If you're not then just don't click on the gun post.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    it used to be you could sell a pistol and than take the bill of sale to one police plaza and show them the paper and they would take the gun off your permit, so i used to arrange to get a new purchase order for the gun i wanted to get and in one day i could pick up the new purchase order and give them the bill of sale for the other and get it all done.

now the city wants you to be approved to sell a gun, it takes 2 to 3 weeks than they want you to go down there to pick up the papers to sell the gun, than they want you to request to buy a new gun another 2 to 3 weeks and you have to go back down there to pick that paper up and when you get the new pistol you have 24 hrs to go back down for inspection of the new pistol.

so after begging the pistol section i managed to get this all done in one day to get rid of my GLOCK 19 and pick up the S&W 380 bodyguard because my mom had a stroke and just wanted to get everything done when i had people to look after mom when i ran down. than mom had the second stroke that put her in a home and i sat with her every day from 10 to 6. so i asked them to put everything with the guns on hold and they said NO WAY and to wright letters again when i was ready to do what i wanted to do.

so all you folks that can walk into a store and buy a gun have got it made. the city charges 375 bucks for a two year permit and will do anything to make you want to sell your guns and live w/o them.

Wow ow that's crazy having to go through so much, but many people want to make it this hard or harder everywhere. They just don't realize how people w guns save more lives than criminals w guns kill.