Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon's Bargain Basement

From time to time I get closeouts, brand new stuff without the retail packaging, returned items that are still new, and slightly damaged goods that may be cosmetically compromised, but still as good as a new product.

I am going to start listing them here. So drop in and visit once-in-awhile and see if you can pick up a deal!

If you need additional information on any item please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com or PM me here at Spyderlovers. I usually get to my email more quickly than a PM.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-28-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Krikit II Belt Tension Gauge

$18.00 delivered to 48 US States. I will ship Worldwide. PM or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Accurately measures drive belt tension on all flat belts including the Spyder.

This Gates tension gauge measures from 100 to 320 lbs or 50 to 150 kg. There are other Krikit gauges with different tension ranges. This is the correct tension range for your Spyder drive belt.

Last edited by BajaRon; 10-02-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The Krikit

I understand the krikit is only a gage and not the recommended way to accurately adjust the belt, and, there seems to be varying opinions on actually just what the belt tension (in pounds) should be. I have a 14 RTS SE6. Does anyone know, in pounds, what the belt tension on my should be? It's just something I'd like to keep a check on from time to time. Thanks...........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I understand the krikit is only a gage and not the recommended way to accurately adjust the belt, and, there seems to be varying opinions on actually just what the belt tension (in pounds) should be. I have a 14 RTS SE6. Does anyone know, in pounds, what the belt tension on my should be? It's just something I'd like to keep a check on from time to time. Thanks...........
    This is a good question. First, the Krikit is a very accurate gauge used correctly. Though you are right, the Krikit is not the 'Recommended by BRP' way to adjust belt tension. It is never-the-less just as accurate as the method used by BRP.

Correct use of the Krikit is not difficult and can be verified by getting the same reading several times. I think the best way to know what your particular 'Correct' reading should be is to get an accurate tension reading from the Kriket on your properly tensioned belt. Once you have that you will always know what your Kricket should read. Of course there is a fair amount of spread between minimum and maximum so it isn't an extremely critical figure.

You may also be able to go to your dealer and check a belt or 2 on a floor model of the same version.

Getting an accurate reading with the Spyder on the floor means you can check belt tension without lifting the rear wheel off the ground.

Correct belt tension varies from year to year and even from model to model in some production years. As for the correct Krikit reading for a 2014 RT, I do not have that information. But I believe that at least a few 2014 RT owners would be able to help you with this. Still, taking a reading on a correctly tensioned belt of the same model Spyder is probably your best way to go.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-02-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

PM Sent.
    2015 RTL , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PM sent from here also!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Krikit II Belt Tension Gauge

I did not intend to stock these gauges. Buying these 1 at a time can be expensive. I had a customer who wanted one so I purchased several to get the price down. I posted the remaining gauges here on Spyderlovers and I thought that wold be it. But I sold those gauges pretty quickly and there are more who are interested in getting one so I've ordered more. They will be here early next week.

Here is a great informational video on the correct use and accuracy of this little gauge. They make it sound harder than it is. It's actually quite simple to get a good, accurate reading as long as you are a bit careful to do it right. You can always check yourself by taking 3 or 4 readings. If you are doing it right, you'll get the same reading every time. The gauge is easy to read and you can carry it with you. I find myself using my gauge more on other Spyders than on my own as people are always curious about having a properly tensioned belt.

If your belt is too tight you can destroy a set of rear wheel bearings in pretty short order. In some cases too tight belts have destroyed the front pulley and output shaft. If it is too loose you can get unnecessary vibration and wear.

This video is of the Dayco branded gauge. But all these gauges are from the same source and simply branded for the various companies. They are all the same regardless of the branding.

For some reason this video does not instruct you to 'Zero' the gauge each time before using it. And they wiggle a bit with the finger when depressing the gauge. You should try not to wiggle, but it isn't critical either. There are written instructions that come with the gauge and these things are mentioned there.

Last edited by BajaRon; 11-25-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Ron!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Following tensions (converted to foot pounds which is measurement on kriket) is taken out of Owners manual or Service Bulletins only.

2013 - Belt tension on krikit Guage - Range in LBF
    203 LBF to 271 LBF

Earlier models belt tension should be between 160 to 180 lbs.

2014 year builds run the same tension as 2013 units.

Have you used the Krikit to measure your belt tension? I've found it to be quite accurate.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-14-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Helpful info - thnx

Spyder Garage

Default Firstgear Heated Pants - Medium/Large - New!

I have a pair of brand new, with tags, Firstgear heated pants in stock. I carry the full line of Firstgear products including the heated gear so if you need more than just the pants I can take care of that as well.

Normally I have these drop shipped directly from the warehouse to you. But I ordered these in for a local customer who changed his mind.

These retail for $189.95. My price (Delivered to the 48 US States) is $159.00. I will ship these worldwide. If you are International please contact me for a shipping quote.

You can see reviews of this Firstgear Heated Pant Liner by clicking on this link. If you have any questions please email or PM me here on Spyderlovers.com
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-heated-pant-liner

Firstgear Heated Pant Liner

The Firstgear Heated Pants Liner is form fitting, with a close fit for optimum heat transfer to body. Made of Spandex fabric allowing full range of movement for any activity and fits easily under your outer garments. The Heated Pant Liner is designed to keep you warm when plugged into a DC power source.
    Features:

• Packs into its included zippered pouch
    • Heated zones cover thigh and knee
    • Integrated sock plugs stow in their own zippered pockets when not in use
    • Coaxial plugs
    • Performance fabric: Anti-bacterial treatment prevents odors and Moisture Management wicks moisture away from skin
    • About 35 watts, 2.7 amps at 12.8 volts
    • 1-year limited warranty on liners–lifetime warranty on wiring

Spyder Garage

Default Krikit tension gauge

Do you still stock these? If so, how do I go about ordering one....Thanks
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Do you still stock these? If so, how do I go about ordering one....Thanks
    Yes. I have the Krikit II Belt Tension Gauge in stock. I just need an email address from you to send a Paypal invoice. Or, you can mail payment if you prefer. Either way works fine.

You can check out my banner ad page here on Spyderlovers. Go to the Home Page tab at the top left. Then click on my banner ad avatar to see the other things I carry for the Spyder.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets