Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPYDER 5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER 5

Ok, i have a feeling i am going to get some interesting replies but, i am blunt and would like to see where this goes, is BRP going to redo the contest for a New Group for the Spyder 5. Not trying to hurt any feelings out there, just a question.

<phaser shield is now deployed>

Spyder Garage

Who knows? And why would they?

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder 5

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Who knows? And why would they?
    SO who knows is correct?- why would they? because its been several years, new blood is needed i think and it beats the Danica- Celebrity stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdmb1621 View Post
    SO who knows is correct?- why would they? because its been several years, new blood is needed i think and it beats the Danica- Celebrity stuff.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdmb1621 View Post
    I'm satisfied with the originals . . . and their stories are still out there.

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Speaking of Danica. Her car will be sporting a new paint scheme for 2014. Still green, but with a wide orange stripe running from hood to trunk. BRP posibile changes for 2014? Guess we'll know when/if they announce any. In the meantime we'll be riding, or wishing we could.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

What's the Spyder 5?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the Spyder 5 were Lamont, Fred Rau, Ken ?, and Daniel ? from Canada. They write about Spyders and attend events and promote the product.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    the Spyder 5 were Lamont, Fred Rau, Ken ?, and Daniel ? from Canada. They write about Spyders and attend events and promote the product.

Add Mickey & Faran and you have 5.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Add Mickey & Faran and you have 5.

Cruzr Joe

First you have to subtract Ken then add Mickey & Faran and you get 5. This simple math stuff can be so hard some time.

So currently there are Spyder 3 Lamont, Daniel and Fred.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamont is the man :-)

First you have to subtract Ken then add Mickey & Faran and you get 5. This simple math stuff can be so hard some time.

Lamont is the man :-)

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

but they have been running the three left ragged...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Back to the original quesiton (A good one!)
    Contact customer service at BRP; let them know what you're thinking, and ask them if they've got any plans?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER 5

​Do Daniel, Ken, or Fred ever post on here??
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    What's the Spyder 5?
    http://www.spyder.brp.com/spyder5/landing

Spyder Garage

I gotta say that I really enjoyed the "Spyder 5". Real stories from real folks riding real bikes on real trips. But it appears that BRP has moved on.

Spyder Garage

-Ken=5, I got it,
    My memory still works and your math still works
    Old age is trying to catch us.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

There is no Ken, he stayed with Barbie.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"-Ken=5, I got it, "

Ken might have only been a five; But Faran was definitely a ten!
    Lamont: a nice solid eight
    Mickey seven or so...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "-Ken=5, I got it, "

Ken might have only been a five; But Faran was definitely a ten!
    Lamont: a nice solid eight
    Mickey seven or so...

, only cause i could not not think of anything else to say.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    , only cause i could not not think of anything else to say.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Personally; I think that it'd be difficult to give Fred much more than a four...
    He's so weatherbeaten now!

Spyder Garage

I believe it's now the Spyder 3--but do not hear much if anything from two of the three. Has the program gone away or are they going to re-up with new or current people for 2014?

They (BRP) do have an interesting marketing department and I don't always get excited by what I see. However, I am already hooked--so I guess it does not matter where I am concerned.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

To date there is no Spyder5 or Spyder3. Fred Rau, Daniel Bastien and myself are still with BRP as ambassadors and consultants for 2014 just like the three of us were last year. As you can see the marketing changes from year to year. The Spyder5 program was a spinoff of the RT5 program the year before. The Spyder5 took three of the RT5 members and two new contest winners (Faran Hearyman and Mickey Fisher) and created that marketing program.

Fred Rau does not post here because his real influence is in the motorcycle world. He travels to motorcycle rallies around the country promoting the Spyder in person more than online. He's a well respected rider and to have him on a Spyder is a real testament of the uniqueness of this product and how even a hardcore two wheeled rider can be converted to 3 wheels if they are in the right place.

Daniel Bastien is not seen here very much as his following is in Canada and he's really a big name with the snowmobiles but shares a passion for the Spyder too. He's been to all the Spyder events and he rides there so he's the real deal for sure.

Like you all I wish Faran and Mickey were still part of the team but Faran can be found on Girls On Spyders and still has a following there as well as here on SpyderLovers. Mickey is rubbing shoulders with some big names in Hollywood and I doubt he would have time for us now that his career has taken off. http://www.huntingtonnews.net/69159

Every year I think this is going to be my last year and once again I'm thinking 2014 will be my last year as an ambassador/consultant but who knows. It was only suppose to last a year so I guess they are happy with the work I've done so far.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    To date there is no Spyder5 or Spyder3. Fred Rau, Daniel Bastien and myself are still with BRP as ambassadors and consultants for 2014 just like the three of us were last year. As you can see the marketing changes from year to year. The Spyder5 program was a spinoff of the RT5 program the year before. The Spyder5 took three of the RT5 members and two new contest winners (Faran Hearyman and Mickey Fisher) and created that marketing program.

Fred Rau does not post here because his real influence is in the motorcycle world. He travels to motorcycle rallies around the country promoting the Spyder in person more than online. He's a well respected rider and to have him on a Spyder is a real testament of the uniqueness of this product and how even a hardcore two wheeled rider can be converted to 3 wheels if they are in the right place.

Daniel Bastien is not seen here very much as his following is in Canada and he's really a big name with the snowmobiles but shares a passion for the Spyder too. He's been to all the Spyder events and he rides there so he's the real deal for sure.

Like you all I wish Faran and Mickey were still part of the team but Faran can be found on Girls On Spyders and still has a following there as well as here on SpyderLovers. Mickey is rubbing shoulders with some big names in Hollywood and I doubt he would have time for us now that his career has taken off. http://www.huntingtonnews.net/69159

Every year I think this is going to be my last year and once again I'm thinking 2014 will be my last year as an ambassador/consultant but who knows. It was only suppose to last a year so I guess they are happy with the work I've done so far.
    Thank you for the informative update. It answers a lot of the questions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red