Spyder Garage

Default Both front fender lights

On my 2011 RS-S both fender lights and the led strip lights are out at the same time on the left and right fenders. Maybe a fuse? Anyone else have this problem? It's Friday the 13TH today maybe that's it.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Could be..!!

but if you have several lights going out at the same time you should start with the fuses. Otherwise backtrack extra light installation..good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    On my 2011 RS-S both fender lights and the led strip lights are out at the same time on the left and right fenders. Maybe a fuse? Anyone else have this problem? It's Friday the 13TH today maybe that's it.

Mike
    I'd start with the fuse...I had a fuse blow twice during install.....my fault though
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Trouble Shooting Fender Lights

Hi Mike. On my 2011 RT I had also installed the fender LEDs following the instructions that came with it, connected to the fender tip lights. I also changed the tip lights from the stock ones to the LED ones, only to not only have them go out on me but kicked the bike into limp mode miles away from home. I didn't have my manual for help but good thing I was riding with a bunch of other Spyder owners that did. Took us a while to figure out that a 15 amp fuse that controlled the turning signals, Ipod and a few other things was blown. I replaced it only to have it blow again as soon as I turned on the bike. Seeing that I only had one 15 amp fuse left I had to disconnect the fender lights and all was back to normal. Now I'm just going to put the lights on it's own circuit with a relay possibly hooked up to the fog light switch. Or maybe make them turning signals only. If I can do both that would be even better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesc View Post
    Hi Mike. On my 2011 RT I had also installed the fender LEDs following the instructions that came with it, connected to the fender tip lights. I also changed the tip lights from the stock ones to the LED ones, only to not only have them go out on me but kicked the bike into limp mode miles away from home. I didn't have my manual for help but good thing I was riding with a bunch of other Spyder owners that did. Took us a while to figure out that a 15 amp fuse that controlled the turning signals, Ipod and a few other things was blown. I replaced it only to have it blow again as soon as I turned on the bike. Seeing that I only had one 15 amp fuse left I had to disconnect the fender lights and all was back to normal. Now I'm just going to put the lights on it's own circuit with a relay possibly hooked up to the fog light switch. Or maybe make them turning signals only. If I can do both that would be even better.
    I disconnected them there was short in the right fender led strip. Thanks for the help.

Mike