Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Which would you rather see?

Here we go I would rather see a blown up picture of the bike. Why don't they spend their money on us and give us some real fixes instead of her? I hate PR stunts.

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She's cute; but with you!
    We need some substance; not style!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    She's cute; but with you!
    We need some substance; not style!
    She is very cute but dang she makes enough money to buy her own. I will let them use my picture if they give me a Spyder
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

You really need to give it a rest Bro.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Hey Lamont I have been supportive of Danica and was one of the first to post info about her at the show. It is good for BRP to get someone other than Miley to endorse their product but dang I went to look for dealer ratings and got her face blasted at me. The check it out link doesn't work ( I tried) either. That was never done before and her interview I saw was more about Paul Walker and I did not hear her say much about the Spyder. I would have liked the picture much more if she were standing behind the bike Just sayin'.....
    Last edited by Magdave; 12-13-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

OK, I'll be up front. I am not a Danica fan. With that said, I really miss articles and tales from REAL people like Faran and Flamingo Babe. Probably just the maturing of the product. The company feels they have to get BIG names out there to entice folks to try the product, but where is Fred? The Spyder 5 became the Spyder 3 and then faded away. I'm sorry! These "real" folks are the ones that brought me in, not Hollywood!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Here we go I would rather see a blown up picture of the bike. Why don't they spend their money on us and give us some real fixes instead of her? I hate PR stunts.

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/
    I hear what you're saying but the reality is... BRP needs to do both. It's a lot easier and quicker to take a picture and blow it up than it is to jump through all the hoops to produce a 'Fix'. Besides, do you really want the IT and PR people coming up with solutions to hardware problems?

BRP has to do 3 things, all at the same time.

Build'em
    Sell'em
    Fix'em

I'd say they are putting a fair amount of money into each...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

It's called advertising. The general public doesn't know the Spyder 5 like we do. It's proven fact that you can sell more of your product when a well known person is in the ad.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    OK, I'll be up front. I am not a Danica fan. With that said, I really miss articles and tales from REAL people like Faran and Flamingo Babe. Probably just the maturing of the product. The company feels they have to get BIG names out there to entice folks to try the product, but where is Fred? The Spyder 5 became the Spyder 3 and then faded away. I'm sorry! These "real" folks are the ones that brought me in, not Hollywood!
    Fred spent the entire day on Saturday at the Long Beach show talking to everyone. I'm sure that there were a lot of people who didn't know who he was but they appreciated him taking the time to share his knowledge about the Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I agree, enough is enough.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

The celebs are all well and good, but will we ever see them at any of our event gatherings?

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

This post would likely not exisist but for one missing component. Communication.

Keeping the affected parties updated would serve two functions.

It would calm the nerves of those waiting for a fix and likely buy time for those trying to come up with the fix.

Keeping everyone in the loop is a simple gesture that's often unintentionally overlooked.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

things can get sideways in a hurry...it's their machines and they are doing a good job selling but could do better so they try. The building and fixing as Ron stated will have no benefit of some star promoting it. So maybe they could have balance the size of the girl and the bike. Jmo...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Fred spent the entire day on Saturday at the Long Beach show talking to everyone. I'm sure that there were a lot of people who didn't know who he was but they appreciated him taking the time to share his knowledge about the Spyder.
    Thanx, Ann. Nice to know. Always enjoy his travel logs/Spyder experiences and look forward to hearing from him again! Please let us know how the '14 works out for you! It's folks like you that have REAL experience that interest me! Best to ya!

arntufun

Although I think BRP's recent choice with signing Danica was.......... , I also realize a unique product like the Spyder needs celebrity promotions to convince comsumers it's cool.

With the recent celebrities (Paris, Brooke, Miley and Danica), I fear the perception of the Spyder to consumers is recently becoming a bike marketed for girls. I hope they mix gender endorsments soon before I start to get teased at gas stations.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Although I think BRP's recent choice with signing Danica was.......... , I also realize a unique product like the Spyder needs celebrity promotions to convince comsumers it's cool.

With the recent celebrities (Paris, Brooke, Miley and Danica), I fear the perception of the Spyder to consumers is recently becoming a bike marketed for girls. I hope they mix gender endorsments soon before I start to get teased at gas stations.
    Just don't let them see you cry after they have teased you.
    Displaced Canuck
    (Professional Photographer & Engineer)

2008 Yellow GS SM5

Spyder Garage

If they don't sell lots of product, the product we like will cease to exist. I am supporting BRP on this.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    This post would likely not exisist but for one missing component. Communication.

Keeping the affected parties updated would serve two functions.

It would calm the nerves of those waiting for a fix and likely buy time for those trying to come up with the fix.

Keeping everyone in the loop is a simple gesture that's often unintentionally overlooked.
    I was at the car dealership getting the wife's car oil changed and tires rotated and read an article about the Cmax and MPG ratings. Ford communicated with every owner about the mis stated Mpg's and gave them each $500. Yes they may be a bigger vehicle builder but I agree with your point. All 2013 owners should have been contacted with more than a recall letter and possibly confirming IF anything else is being looked at or if they felt the problem was solved. There have been so many reports from various sources here that says they are still looking at fixes I am not sure what to believe. The dealers(most of them anyway) do not know anything about if there is further action pending.

I AM a Danica fan and really hoped she would do better this year since I am also a NASCAR fan. It is good to have a big tent. Covering up the Spyder with her head shot was not what I expected to see. In the only interview I saw of her at the event she said she had never ridden anything besides a scooter (probably pit bikes). That does not inspire my confidence as a spokesperson. She makes millions from endorsements already more than she ever made driving. I am glad she can do that because there are people like me that will check out what she is showing. I have even gone to the GoDaddy's site and watched her and Jillian's videos as well as migrated my Corvette club's website to GoDaddy so in that sense it worked. If you would like to see the website I designed search Myrtle Beach Corvette club. I sold my Corvette to buy a Spyder so in that sense I have $25k invested in BRP I hope it turns out to be a wise one.
    Last edited by Magdave; 12-13-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

There are five photos at that link . . . you can scroll through them - there is a "carrot" on the right edge of the phot . . . click on it. Only one of the five is a picture of Danica Patrick . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

One picture of the lady and some folks decide go off the deep end. They fail to notice the dozens of pictures of Spyders on the same site. Why the fuss?

The purpose of PR is to sell the product and/or service. If they fail at sales, you can believe they'll also fail at fixes.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I also realize a unique product like the Spyder needs celebrity promotions to convince comsumers it's cool.

After all; would YOU buy a Spyder from this man?

Narrowburg.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    The celebs are all well and good, but will we ever see them at any of our event gatherings?
    Most likely not and for the same reason why they will not see anyone of us at any of their gatherings.
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very cute celeb and thanks BRP but what you pay Danica will add to the price of SPYDER.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

BRP has already changed the landing screen from her to a NHL/Skidoo tie in screen. Maybe they are watching here. I have IE11 and none of the promotion links on any of the pages work. IT guys need to do some work

Spyder Garage

Yeah, i am sure BRP changed everything because you complained, get a life

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer