Spyder Garage

Default why arent i ridding by now.......

first off hello and thank you for this wonderful informative site. im sorry my first post inst a new rider post but hopefully you guys can help me fix that. i Finally got approved by brp, im finally in the financial position to ride. i started searching for my bike and found it last one in stock for the price of 14,888 otd for a 2013 rss se5 plus shipping.amazing right well wrong the sales man has given me the run around for a week now so i started to look locally California has a $5,000.00 + price difference its depressing i cant see myself taking that big of a hit so i searched and found louis powersports but i have to do the transaction in house and my cosigner cant travel that far.(it's the story of my life, im always a day late and a dollar short ). ive been waiting and lurking for 5 years i saw how this site has gotten brps attention and also how you guys rallied to get SPYDERANN a loaner im not asking for outrage or a battle cry just suggestions of a good dealer a better price or a (hook up ) i've been through alot in the past year all i want to do is ride rain or shine ,work or play please help make me officially one of you please.

P.s sprry about the grammer errors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First of all; where are you located? There's lots of us in here who'll be more than happy to give you ideas as to where to start your search.
    Patience is the one virtue that none of us can wait to acquire!
    Hang in there; it'll be worth it!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnaphobia View Post
    first off hello and thank you for this wonderful informative site. im sorry my first post inst a new rider post but hopefully you guys can help me fix that. i Finally got approved by brp, im finally in the financial position to ride. i started searching for my bike and found it last one in stock for the price of 14,888 otd for a 2013 rss se5 plus shipping.amazing right well wrong the sales man has given me the run around for a week now so i started to look locally California has a $5,000.00 + price difference its depressing i cant see myself taking that big of a hit so i searched and found louis powersports but i have to do the transaction in house and my cosigner cant travel that far.(it's the story of my life, im always a day late and a dollar short ). ive been waiting and lurking for 5 years i saw how this site has gotten brps attention and also how you guys rallied to get SPYDERANN a loaner im not asking for outrage or a battle cry just suggestions of a good dealer a better price or a (hook up ) i've been through alot in the past year all i want to do is ride rain or shine ,work or play please help make me officially one of you please.

P.s sprry about the grammer errors
    Run away from any salesman that gives you the run around. Sounds like they are working on a bait and switch. There are some good prices around and sometimes it takes some extra effort to find them. I bet some members will come on and give you some specifics where to look. If you have been approved by BRP, then the rest of the paperwork should be able to be worked out at any reputable dealer. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-12-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm lost.... you got approved financing through BRP and you have a dealer that "don't" want to sell you a Spyder?... Is that right??? Best just take your BRP approval and go find another dealer, if you in Cali there has to be somebody that can point you towards a dealer that actually WANTS to sell a bike. Approved financing would motivate most dealers!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You don't say where you are located but if you are close to Las Vegas, NV Pro Shop Motorsports in Henderson, NV has a 2013 RSS SE5 for $14,995 and I don't think you will get any run around from them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default thank you alll for suck a swift response

im in california sorry for the lack of info i'm sneaking inside and typing from the work desk during downtime. i'm in los angeles i got approved directly from sheffield and everyone is giving me the price gouge or the run around thank you all for listening. i just want to pay $17000 otd at most.
    Last edited by arachnaphobia; 12-12-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: header should say such

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnaphobia View Post
    im in california sorry for the lack of info i'm sneaking inside and typing from the work desk during downtime. i'm in los angeles i got approved directly from sheffield and everyone is giving me the price gouge or the run around thank you all for listening. i just want to pay $17000 otd at most.
    Are you talking tax, title and license? With your high sales tax in CA wouldn't you need to find something with a sticker price of about $9,000 to get an out the door price of $17,000 (just kidding)
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default were lost together....so atleast we have each other (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    I'm lost.... you got approved financing through BRP and you have a dealer that "don't" want to sell you a Spyder?... Is that right??? Best just take your BRP approval and go find another dealer, if you in Cali there has to be somebody that can point you towards a dealer that actually WANTS to sell a bike. Approved financing would motivate most dealers!
    no your not lost your exactly where i am approved and no where to go. i thought getting pre-apporved would make this a breeze and open some doors i started to search and read threads about shipping, and that awesome thread for newbies to spyders (that should be a sticky hint hint) and now i'm here, the last sales man i was in talks with went as far as to send me the pics of the bike and still flaked.

Spyder Garage

Default thank you for making me smile

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are you talking tax, title and license? With your high sales tax in CA wouldn't you need to find something with a sticker price of about $9,000 to get an out the door price of $17,000 (just kidding)

no i have to build the bike at a brp factory and then pay california for the privilege of sunshine and bad air.

Spyder Garage

Default wow

So i called said dealer in california who advertised at a great price on cycletrader got the what's your number run around once i asked for a otd price ,got a call back only to be hung up in my face, after wanting details on how the price jumped to almost $4,000.00 above advertised price, between the time i hung up and the time he called back . i know to some of you i may think i'm moaning or sound cheap or poor and i'm ok with that ( yes i know these are pricey luxury toys to be that need to need farkeld ) .when did customer service become so unimportant?

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!!

to this most informative site and an advaced welcome to the roadster world you have been watching for years. Know you will be out there among us soon. Sorry for the State we are in (both senses of the word) here we tax ourselves for many reasons but hope the folks in the LA area can help you out. One of the groups I'm in Spyder Ryder of America LA chapter is in your area. Have great rydes great web site nice bunch. If you get in touch talk to Scotty B he may be able to help...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

you might want to check out some other rates. Sheffield is high on the rates. AAA has a rate right now of 1.9% for up to 60 months check with a credit union or two as well. you can always join a credit union by opening up a savings account for $100

just call and find out what their rates are BEFORE you let them run your credit. if you already know your credit score they can give you a pretty good estimate on what their rate will be.

the more you allow banks, credit unions and lending institutions to run your credit, the more dings your credit history will take so be careful.

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased my RSS from Louis Powersports in Greenville TX and they can and will get you into one for $17000 OTD. What you could do is get the financing through a local back that your co-signer can get to and then the bank will work directly with the dealer to get everything done. Then you either have to go pick the bike up or have it shipped to you. Anyway just want to let you know they are a great dealer and have great prices.
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Spyder Garage

Default thank you all

i knew this was the right place to come,no one informed me ( aka i never asked when i should have ) that my bank would be a better fit for an out of state purchase vs going directly to sheffield but you live and you learn. i am now on a fact finding mission,but i have the best guides in the world this forum. i started out with a purchaseof a 2013 can am spyder rs-s se5 for $14,888.00 otd before taxes and shipping roughly a final purchase price $17,000.00 . I am now looking at paying $19,000.00.my car has recently died so i need to find a ride soon rentals are killing me.

P.S I APPRECIATE AL OF YOUR REPLIES

Spyder Garage

Try calling Art Woods at Bert's Mega Mall in Covina.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default thank you steve

i will give them a call tomorrow morning.