Thread: ryding to work

Spyder Garage

Default ryding to work

Still ryding to work the temp was 27 yesterday and 31 today when I left the house hope it warms up a little
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

die hard...with the right gear it's nit bad at all. Hope it warms up a bit for you..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

yup, works only a 4 mile trip for me, yesterday was the 1st time this season I had to clear the light dusting of snow off the bike b4 starting it up, looks like the rest of the week gonna warm up. when it gets too icy ill switch to the cage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still ryding in BC, too. Life in the Pacific North West is OK if you can stand a little bit of rain.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy and have a safe ride. Just watch those black ice.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Ryde safely and enjoy. Mine used to be a 40 mile round trip commute. Like others said, dress proper, and watch out for black ice this time of year.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would still like to ride this time of year (snow/rain excluded) but they pour so much chemical on the the road up here it takes to much time to clean up the spyder when I get home. I hate even driving our cars in it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post
    Still ryding to work the temp was 27 yesterday and 31 today when I left the house hope it warms up a little
    Where are you? To damn cold on this side of the state. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I live in Alabama and it was 20 and foggy here this morning. no way I was riding.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cold here in Cali...

It is unseasonably cold here in California (30-32 degrees) in the evenings through the morning, but I too am still ryding!
    As stated by another poster, if you have the right gear, it's not too bad. I do have to admit though, that my SUV is starting to look more appealing these mornings...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Dam evin if i had a job to go to thats to cold for me, Here its in the 50s & 60s in the mornings and upper 80s in the afternoon just right for a nice ride be safe and dress warm.
    Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Went to work on my RT half the time last week. Cold weather gear IS your friend. Only real problem I had is my visor fogging up. (Been using an anti-fog spray I get at REI called "CatCrap", with mixed results)

Also took my daughter on a long ride last sunday when the temperature never got above 30. It was fun, but she promptly took a nap when we got home.
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatGund View Post
    Went to work on my RT half the time last week. Cold weather gear IS your friend. Only real problem I had is my visor fogging up. (Been using an anti-fog spray I get at REI called "CatCrap", with mixed results)

Also took my daughter on a long ride last sunday when the temperature never got above 30. It was fun, but she promptly took a nap when we got home.
    Get a pinlock visor for your helmet and add an insert to it - that'll at least keep your main field of vision clear in all but the worst weather.

Registered Users TokenTwoWheeler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shel_TK View Post
    Get a pinlock visor for your helmet and add an insert to it - that'll at least keep your main field of vision clear in all but the worst weather.
    Until the seal breaks on the pinlock, and ice forms between the pinlock and the visor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatGund View Post

I use joy soap cheaper and makes your helmet smell lemony fresh
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default First Gear Thermo Suit

Rode into work this morning temp in the high 30s. I wore my new First Gear Thermo Suit and was about as comfortable as I could be, I am quite sure I can go down to much lower temps. Actually wore the suit over a Suit and tie. Very cozy and the suit didn't wrinkle.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Actually wore the suit over a Suit and tie. Very cozy and the suit didn't wrinkle.
    Hey!!!...I thought I was the only Spyder Ryder riding to work in a suit & tie. And we live in the same neck of the woods to boot???
    Gonna have to put a hit out on you...leave the RT to your lovely lady :-)

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    Hey!!!...I thought I was the only Spyder Ryder riding to work in a suit & tie. And we live in the same neck of the woods to boot???
    Gonna have to put a hit out on you...leave the RT to your lovely lady :-)
    Hey I would rather wear shorts and a T-shirt, and I bet I would be just as warm. Love using the car pool lane.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You must be young

when I was young and had a new bike I did that kind of stuff
    but not now, we even put chains on the rear wheel and
    tried to go to Lake Tahoe when it was snowing over
    Donner Pass... Stupid Huh...
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post

Spyder Garage

Car pool lane rocks - also free parking at airport too still out riding too - w gerbing coat liner and gloves - toasty warm -- get a Nolan helmet with dual pain visor - does not fog - very comfortable helmet