Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Pro Camera

Spyder Garage

I use a GoPro at work for product videos (we make truck parts). GoPro is definitely the market leader, but I would not be afraid to try the new JVC Adixxion. I looked it over at REI the other day, and it's impressive. I like the fact that it's waterproof without resorting to the GoPro's clear clamshell.

At home, I have two cheaper sports cameras, a Kodak PlaySport ZX5 and an Xtreme HD. Both run less than $150 shipped

Here are a couple of video samples on our Spyders:

PlaySport (Ignore the jerkiness; handheld as passenger on the back of my wife's RT.)

Xtreme HD (Used velcro strap mount on the RSS handlebars. ):
    Last edited by Tanshanomi; 05-13-2014 at 03:01 PM.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Spyder Garage

Guess I should have checked with you folks first. Was going to go with the GoPro 3 but decided on the Garmin VIRB Elite. Now I need to decide on how to mount it on my RT, hope to shoot some video real soon.

Update:
    Here is a short video I took on a short group ride with the Garmin VIRB mounted on the dash with a sticky mount.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 12-29-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added video

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default gopro

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing a GoPro camera for Christmas this year. Is this camera worth the investment? Is it hard to operate? Pros and cons??

Thanks!
    I have and I have a smart phone with the gopro app very easy to record good cam

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Curious

Those of you that posted videos, especially Sharon's First Ride, where are you mounting the camera.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GoPro

It sounds good, where can we get the best prices on the Gopro3, thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    It sounds good, where can we get the best prices on the Gopro3, thanks
    Cabella's has the Hero3 Black (not 3 Plus) for $329.99. Wal-Mart is supposedly going to have them on Black Friday for $299 with a $30 Wal-Mart gift card rebate.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/GoPro...as/1439369.uts

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Spyder Garage

We purchased one of the Go Pro 3+ and would like to know which mount and where would be the best place to mount it on the Spyder RT?
    2017 F3T , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mrs. Hayfield got me the GoPro Hero3+ Silver for Christmas. I ordered a 64GB SD Micro card for it . . . supposed to arrive tomorrow. I used one of the stick on mounts that came with it, and mounted it right behind the windshield, on the dash. Because the dash is not smooth, I don't know if it will stay on or not, so I've attached a lanyard to it, just in case . . . I'll see how that works. I love the Android App that goes with it!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)