Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Here's a hot one...or maybe not warm enough

My RT has been at the dealer for almost a month for a few problems. They called last week to tell me it was done. I asked what they found with the vibration problem that has plagued me since it was new. The person on the phone said he didn't know and would check into it and get back to me. Well, they got back to me today to ask a few questions and to let me know that it is too cold to take it for a test ride to try and determine the cause of the vibration. It was blue skies and 47 degrees here today. I asked if they sold snowmobiles and was advised that they did. Told him to get a snowmobile suit. Was told hat would not be happening. He said that it was supposed to be warm on Sunday, but they are closed on Sunday, so he was not sure what was going to happen. I just can't seem to catch a break!!!!! I will now step down from my soapbox.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....
    Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Talk about a campaign against customer service...
    You may want to rescue your bike, and find a different dealer...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am thinking a trip to Springfield may be in order if things don't work out. :|

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not to sure Springfield would be a better choice, they are no longer listed as a Spyder dealer. They treated me like crap with my Goldwing, i'll never go back.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

I was talking Springfield, MO. I heard a rumor that those boys know a thing or two about a Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Biosafena View Post
    My RT has been at the dealer for almost a month for a few problems. They called last week to tell me it was done. I asked what they found with the vibration problem that has plagued me since it was new. The person on the phone said he didn't know and would check into it and get back to me. Well, they got back to me today to ask a few questions and to let me know that it is too cold to take it for a test ride to try and determine the cause of the vibration. It was blue skies and 47 degrees here today. I asked if they sold snowmobiles and was advised that they did. Told him to get a snowmobile suit. Was told hat would not be happening. He said that it was supposed to be warm on Sunday, but they are closed on Sunday, so he was not sure what was going to happen. I just can't seem to catch a break!!!!! I will now step down from my soapbox.

Another dealer from Heck! What don't they get about customer service. Time for a different dealer if possible. Keep the for a month, forget to complete everything on the list, to namby pamby to drive in a "cold" 47 degrees. Sounds like they are begging you to go elsewhere.

How about some free advertising: The latest dealer from heck is ____________________.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Talk about a campaign against customer service...
    You may want to rescue your bike, and find a different dealer...
    . . . amazing how many really , dealers are out there When you find a good one publicize them so others know where to go . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Another dealer from Heck! What don't they get about customer service. Time for a different dealer if possible. Keep the for a month, forget to complete everything on the list, to namby pamby to drive in a "cold" 47 degrees. Sounds like they are begging you to go elsewhere.

How about some free advertising: The latest dealer from heck is ____________________.
    I have a feeling customer service has gone by the way side, for lots of dealers.

A thing of the past, just like the old service stations, when people would pump gas, and check everything under the hood, today the dealer charges $ 49.99 for that check up, thats providing he does cheack all those things.

What a world we live in.

Spyder Garage

The crazy part is this dealer is the one who told me in the spring to "ride it this summer and we will figure out the problem in the fall. If it blows up...it blows up and should be under warranty". Now that I brought it back in the fall, this is what I get. The dealer tried to tell me the vibration was due to the failed suspension compressor. NOT! Then tells me that he has spent a great deal of time "searching the Internet" to see if he could find something to point him in the right direction. I am really not feeling too warm and fuzzy about this whole thing. All this and BRP has a case file on the problem. BRP actually called me and told me they were aware of my issue. Not sure which way to turn from here. I guess a call to the service manager tomorrow would be prudent. As far as finding another dealer...this is the fourth (4th) that has looked at the vibration. Three say there is something definitely wrong and one that said it is just the nature of the beast. Well, all the other "beasts" that I have ridden do not vibrate like mine. I don't think it is fair to name the dealer at this time. I want to be sure I have exhausted all avenues before I blow that lid off. I guess I just needed a place to vent and am feeling like a victim for buying this machine and not being able to enjoy it due to the vibration. I can't take it on long freeway trips because it vibrates so bad your body is numb after 30 minutes. Thanks to all for letting me vent some steam.

Spyder Garage

The crazy part is this dealer is the one who told me in the spring to "ride it this summer and we will figure out the problem in the fall. If it blows up...it blows up and should be under warranty". Now that I brought it back in the fall, this is what I get. The dealer tried to tell me the vibration was due to the failed suspension compressor. NOT! Then tells me that he has spent a great deal of time "searching the Internet" to see if he could find something to point him in the right direction. I am really not feeling too warm and fuzzy about this whole thing. All this and BRP has a case file on the problem. BRP actually called me and told me they were aware of my issue. Not sure which way to turn from here. I guess a call to the service manager tomorrow would be prudent. As far as finding another dealer...this is the fourth (4th) that has looked at the vibration. Three say there is something definitely wrong and one that said it is just the nature of the beast. Well, all the other "beasts" that I have ridden do not vibrate like mine. I don't think it is fair to name the dealer at this time. I want to be sure I have exhausted all avenues before I blow that lid off. I guess I just needed a place to vent and am feeling like a victim for buying this machine and not being able to enjoy it due to the vibration. I can't take it on long freeway trips because it vibrates so bad your body is numb after 30 minutes. Thanks to all for letting me vent some steam.

You are a good person. I did not realize that this was dealer number four. Your patience deserves a . Myself, and many others are watching and hoping that the problem gets solved. No one should have to go through all the hoops you have and then still not have the problem solved.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

What do they do for diagnostic test drives in Chugiak? Bet they put on a coat and cowboy up and ride it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    Not to sure Springfield would be a better choice, they are no longer listed as a Spyder dealer. They treated me like crap with my Goldwing, i'll never go back.

He was refering to Pitbull Powersports in Springfield Missouri, a very good and knowledgeable dealer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know the things that have been checked by your dealer (dealers). When I bought my RTS in May 2013 it vibrated. Bad!! My dealer drove it and said they didn't feel a problem, only normal vibration. I said NO, there's a problem. They replaced the two front tires with new ones and presto, problem solved. I don't know if you've checked your tires. If not, it's worth a shot.

Spyder Garage

And so it goes.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

What do they do for diagnostic test drives in Chugiak? Bet they put on a coat and cowboy up and ride it!

They actually do test drive them when they are prepped or in the shop for any work. My 2011 arrived with 35 miles on it. Other times, there is usually five to ten miles on it after servicing. I am a lucky one--I live only five miles from one of the shops. As long as there is no ice on the road--temperature would have nothing to do with test drives. We are not afraid of a little cold here.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Haven't there been reports of some part of the front section of frame rubbing against the engine; causing vibrations???
    Lamont would know; PM him...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    I don't know the things that have been checked by your dealer (dealers). When I bought my RTS in May 2013 it vibrated. Bad!! My dealer drove it and said they didn't feel a problem, only normal vibration. I said NO, there's a problem. They replaced the two front tires with new ones and presto, problem solved. I don't know if you've checked your tires. If not, it's worth a shot.
    I wish it was just tires. This is definitely a belt / drivetrain issue. Start up the slightest of grade at freeway speeds and it is like someone flips a switch. As soon as there is a load on the drivetrain, the vibration starts. Crest the grade or otherwise unload the drivetrain and the vibration instantly stops. Belt tension and alignment have been checked several times. I have also installed the SmoothSpyder, but no real change. I am out of ideas.

Spyder Garage

Haven't there been reports of some part of the front section of frame rubbing against the engine; causing vibrations???
    This was supposedly checked and I was advised that all was OK. Thanks for the idea.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    They actually do test drive them when they are prepped or in the shop for any work. My 2011 arrived with 35 miles on it. Other times, there is usually five to ten miles on it after servicing. I am a lucky one--I live only five miles from one of the shops. As long as there is no ice on the road--temperature would have nothing to do with test drives. We are not afraid of a little cold here.
    Maybe I will just bring it to AK where me are men and not scared of the cold!

Spyder Garage

I have a few things that have to be done on ours along with the recall and it is going back to Toledo next week for a couple of days. Ours looked so bad with the regular wheels next to yours, it is getting some chrome wheels also.

Had the 600 mile service done down where you left your Spyder and was a bit confused about a couple of the comments when they gave it back to me. I think they thought I was an idiot or something. I think they were just trying to justify what they charged me.

Stop by sometime.
    Rick
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Default Never 2 cold

I rode to work the last 2 days. 23F & 28F in the morning. Did not even put my bibs on, under armour the 1st day and just jeans this morning. I did have the handwarmers on.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default is brp THAT hardup

for dealers that they will let such pathetic and clueless individuals sell and attempt to service their product? it really is hard to believe. i feel very fortunate that i haven't had any '' real '' problems.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    I have a few things that have to be done on ours along with the recall and it is going back to Toledo next week for a couple of days. Ours looked so bad with the regular wheels next to yours, it is getting some chrome wheels also.

Had the 600 mile service done down where you left your Spyder and was a bit confused about a couple of the comments when they gave it back to me. I think they thought I was an idiot or something. I think they were just trying to justify what they charged me.

Stop by sometime.
    Rick
    Value-Accessories
    Rick,
    Good to hear from you. If I ever get it back, i will get in touch with you for some farkles. Sorry to hear that things were not up to par at the southern location. Mine is at the eastern location.
    All this communication in code just to keep from blabbing a dealer's name. Oh well, I will afford them every opportunity to make it right before loosing my cool.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Clutch?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Haven't there been reportsthere'sme part of the front section of frame rubbing against the engine; causing vibrations???
    Yes, prior to tightening the engine mounting bolts, engine alignment is verfied by inserting an alignment tool.
    Can recall one case where one was found out of alignment. As best I recall, that owners comments about the type, and severity of vibration mirrored the OP's experience.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.