Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Palooza 9/11 Fallen Hero Tribute Event Dates listed.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Midwest Spyders would like to re-announce Spyder Palooza 2014 to be held 9/11, 9/12 and 9/13 (dates announced Sept. 22, 2013) in beautiful Southeast Missouri. Our theme is going to be "9/11 Remembering our Fallen". With help from Midwest Sports Center in Farmington Missouri we are going to raffle a new Spyder with the drawing to be held at Spyder Palooza. Our goal is to give someone a brand new Spyder and raise enough money to purchase a "Track Chair" for one of our wounded warriors. Check it out here: http://www.independencefund.org/#!track-chairs/c1qsz. These chairs allow a disabled Veteran the mobility to be outdoors and get places that would be normally inaccessible to them. As much as we love to ride our Spyders imagine how much joy this could bring to a disabled Vet?

As we did last year we are offering FREE vendor space. We would also like to announce that we will accept sponsorship for the raffle from our vendors by helping us "Farkle" it up. First come first serve. If any of our vendors would like to help us sponsor this event please let me know and I will give you the details. I have contacted several vendors already. If you are a vendor and we missed you please contact me.

I can be reached at 573429497six or email me at midwestspyders@gmail.com. More info, and event registration will be posted on http://www.spyderpalooza.com We are also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SpyderPalooza. This a total non-profit venture for a great cause!

I will announce more details as we work them out but we will start selling raffle tickets at the first of the year.

The Spyder community is a great group of folks. I see patriotic pins, hats, patches etc. on nearly every Spyder Ryder I meet. I am proud to be part of that community.

My name is Chuck Bennett and am available for any questions. Thank you!

Spyder Garage

This is a great idea Chuck................looking forward to more info and pictures when the build starts!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

That is awesome Chuck, I can't wait...

JT

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Palooza 9/11 Fallen Hero Tribute Event Dates listed.

I can't wait ..

Spyder Garage

Default 9/11 TRIBUTE

We are very excited to announce the event and what it is going to mean to us to give back to our Hero's!
    HOME OF SPYDERPALOOZA!

Spyder Garage

This is a superb cause. Looking forward to more details!

Ryde Straight and True with...
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Vendor Update Confirmed

Spyder Pops
    Baker Built -Donating Air Wings for the Spyder THANK YOU!
    Misty Mountain Sheepskins
    Precision Track Laser Alignment -Matching Raffle Ticket Purchaess THANK YOU!
    Middle Earth Beaded Jewelry
    More to be posted...

Any vendors who wish to provide a Farkle or Service for the Spyder to be given away please let me know. All sponsors will get Kudos in all Advertising/mentions/banners. This is a GREAT cause and really appreciate all the interest expressed.

One question....Who came up with the word Farkle?

--Chuck

Spyder Garage

Default Definition of farkle.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSFC View Post
    Spyder Pops
    Baker Built -Donating Air Wings for the Spyder THANK YOU!
    Misty Mountain Sheepskins
    Precision Track Laser Alignment -Matching Raffle Ticket Purchaess THANK YOU!
    Middle Earth Beaded Jewelry
    More to be posted...

Any vendors who wish to provide a Farkle or Service for the Spyder to be given away please let me know. All sponsors will get Kudos in all Advertising/mentions/banners. This is a GREAT cause and really appreciate all the interest expressed.

One question....Who came up with the word Farkle?

--Chuck
    The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine. One source attributes the term to Pete Wells, the organizer of a 1997 Honda ST1100 rally
    www.nabble.com/Re:-Farkel,
    {delete this line and join two halves for url}
    -or-is-it-Farkle--p2354383.html

The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.

F.A.R.K.L.E. -- Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you. Good info and I am impressed with the detail!

--chuck

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder legs has committed! Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Do you have to be at the event to purchase a ticket for the raffle? Even though I would not be able to make it to your event, I would be interested in purchasing a ticket. How much are they? Will you be accepting Paypal? If I won, would I be able to get it shipped to Canada if I pay for the shipping? I know the warranty would not be transferrable but I don't care about that. Just want to help out and purchase a ticket or two. Great idea.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Do you have to be at the event to purchase a ticket for the raffle? Even though I would not be able to make it to your event, I would be interested in purchasing a ticket. How much are they? Will you be accepting Paypal? If I won, would I be able to get it shipped to Canada if I pay for the shipping? I know the warranty would not be transferrable but I don't care about that. Just want to help out and purchase a ticket or two. Great idea.
    You do not have to be present to win. We are looking at $10 per ticket. We will be accepting PayPal on our website www.spyderpalooza.com very soon. Shipping should not be a problem but crossing borders is not my area of expertise.

We really think this a good cause and sincerely appreciate your interest. Thank you so much for your willingness to participate.

More details released very soon.

--Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Hey Chuck I could drive it to upstate New York and bscrive can sneak across and take it from there. Then you could give me a ride back in your hot rod like bootleggers running from the law. Of course all this depends on me not winning the

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Hey Chuck I could drive it to upstate New York and bscrive can sneak across and take it from there. Then you could give me a ride back in your hot rod like bootleggers running from the law. Of course all this depends on me not winning the

JT

JT....Lilke Smokey and the Bandit....Southbound and down!