Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Can't wait! I was thinking of renting a motor home for the week but this place looks pretty dam cool.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSFC View Post
    You do realize that is the same time Spyder Palooza is being held in Missouri? They announced their dates 2 months ago. When they set their dates they were trying not to infringe on SpyderQuest dates

2012 Spyder RT
    Seal boards
    Baker wings
    Tric LED under glow
    Gloryder
    Member: Midwest Spyders
    Yes, we did know that it was the same dates as Spyderpalooza and we did our best to schedule around it, however our goal is to have the best event and not necessarily the biggest. To accomplish this we needed certain venues that where already booked on the other weekends in September, so we had no choice but to go with this weekend. I feel that it will not interfere with each other being 1200 miles apart. Good luck with your event. Ron
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice Hotel!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Arntu. You do know how to throw a party.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, please check on rates for those of us that would like to arrive early in the week. Thanks Len
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERQUEST DATES

You do realize that is the same time Spyder Palooza is being held in Missouri? They announced their dates 2 months ago. When they set their dates they were trying not to infringe on SpyderQuest dates

Spyderquest 2013 really, really, really lucked out with the Weather for the event.......I'm sure they are considering that fact in moving it closer to August because in this part of the world COLD weather comes early.......JMHO...Mike
    2012 Spyder RT
    Seal boards
    Baker wings
    Tric LED under glow
    Gloryder
    Member: Midwest Spyders

Spyder Garage

Booked.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

So I decided to go to the motel and am booked from 9/10/14-9/14/14.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    So I decided to go to the motel and am booked from 9/10/14-9/14/14.

I'm not sure this of this Motel thing you are talking about............ Spyderquest 2014 offers Resort Style lodging for $99.00, not motels. Our guests deserve the best........

Spyder Garage

Ha Ha I'm right as well Motel "a hotel for those traveling by car" Webster dictionary I would assume roadsters or trucks would be OK.I
    will go with resort.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Yes, we did know that it was the same dates as Spyderpalooza and we did our best to schedule around it, however our goal is to have the best event and not necessarily the biggest. To accomplish this we needed certain venues that where already booked on the other weekends in September, so we had no choice but to go with this weekend. I feel that it will not interfere with each other being 1200 miles apart. Good luck with your event. Ron
    Conflicting dates. That is one of the biggest reasons for the schedule chosen. Spyder Palooza 2013 was originally scheduled on the same weekend as Spyder Quest but was changed to the week before to avoid a conflict. We felt it would be detrimental to both events. Since Spyder Quest chose the third weekend after Labor Day last year we figured it would be the same and didn't want to interfere with your event. We were trying to be good spyder folks and not purposely schedule a conflict with another event.

Even though there is 1200 miles separating the events there are a lot of Ryder's in between that will have to make a choice as well as vendors. Our event is themed and the dates have everything to do with it.

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Default DATES

Conflicting dates. That is one of the biggest reasons for the schedule chosen. Spyder Palooza 2013 was originally scheduled on the same weekend as Spyder Quest but was changed to the week before to avoid a conflict. We felt it would be detrimental to both events. Since Spyder Quest chose the third weekend after Labor Day last year we figured it would be the same and didn't want to interfere with your event. We were trying to be good spyder folks and not purposely schedule a conflict with another event.

Even though there is 1200 miles separating the events there are a lot of Ryder's in between that will have to make a choice as well as vendors. Our event is themed and the dates have everything to do with it.

Chuck
    Did anyone involved at your end PM or in some way contact Randy about the fact that you were going to change your plans because of SPYDERQUEST ....the 2013 was chosen because it was a last minute thing with very little time to play with......the weather is very different where you are in September than where we are ! ! ! ...........................Sorry Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well we missed this years, but we won't miss next years,! Just booked the room, looks like a great place Randy, thanks for getting the deal. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergirl View Post
    Randy, I am so glad this is happening again. I did not think you could top this year's Spyderquest, but you and your team had done it. I am so excited. I had so much fun, I look forward to doing this again!!! What an awesome hotel!!!! See you in September.
    Randy: and looking forward to going to next year's SpyderQuest. Party, Party, Party. Deanna777 P.S. Excellent choice on the Hotel.
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Did anyone involved at your end PM or in some way contact Randy about the fact that you were going to change your plans because of SPYDERQUEST ....the 2013 was chosen because it was a last minute thing with very little time to play with......the weather is very different where you are in September than where we are ! ! ! ...........................Sorry Mike
    No. We just changed our dates for 2013 so as not to cause a problem. We posted our date for 2014 right after Spyder Quest 2013 so as not to be in conflict with Spyder Quest 2014. Were we sent a PM concerning our posted 2014 dates? No. If September weather is an issue then maybe August would be better? We have chosen the second Weekend following Labor Day for Spyder Palooza, as a yearly themed event. Is this going to be a conflict every year? For us the date is very important because we are putting on a 9/11 TRIBUTE for our fallen.

I guess i am just disappointed that the courtesy normally experienced within the Spyder community is lacking when it comes to event planning. Maybe we need a Calendar on the forum? That would be a great.

Spyder Garage

CaptainSFC,

Just like Ron said. The events are 1200 miles apart and the other dates were already taken. Maybe moving it to August is a solution in the future but for next year that is a mute point. August does sound nice Ron and Randy but I guess that is still prime vacation time and deals are hard to get.

That being said, I know that for myself and my wife we would not travel that distance to an event since my wife does not get very many days vacation each year.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    CaptainSFC,

Just like Ron said. The events are 1200 miles apart and the other dates were already taken. Maybe moving it to August is a solution in the future but for next year that is a mute point. August does sound nice Ron and Randy but I guess that is still prime vacation time and deals are hard to get.

That being said, I know that for myself and my wife we would not travel that distance to an event since my wife does not get very many days vacation each year.
    May see you on the way there, we are just across the river from you guys, I work in Ottawa. But won't hijack this post, I will PM you sometime.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default DATES DATES DATES

No. We just changed our dates for 2013 so as not to cause a problem. We posted our date for 2014 right after Spyder Quest 2013 so as not to be in conflict with Spyder Quest 2014. Were we sent a PM concerning our posted 2014 dates? No. If September weather is an issue then maybe August would be better? We have chosen the second Weekend following Labor Day for Spyder Palooza, as a yearly themed event. Is this going to be a conflict every year? For us the date is very important because we are putting on a 9/11 TRIBUTE for our fallen.

I guess i am just disappointed that the courtesy normally experienced within the Spyder community is lacking when it comes to event planning. Maybe we need a Calendar on the forum? That would be a great.
    SFC, don't get your pants /panties / or what ever in a bind about this ......I DIDN'T PICK ANY DATES WHATSOEVER.........That being said The Lake George area ( where SpyderQuest is held ) is a Tourist Mecca until LABOR DAY....you can't book any events prior to Labor Day everything is booked solid and you can't even get a room.........The NY Spyder Riders did the best they could and I'm sure You people did the Best you could SO LETS ALL BE FRIENDS............................PLEASE......... ........... .......Mike

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info on Spyderquest 2014. Were coming up from Ocala,Fl two spyders RS.ST with trailer behind the ST. this will be are first time there we watched you grow each year, if you can tell more about what is planned for the event as the dates get closer it would sure help us on planning our ride thanks. John & Carol

Just made are reservation,see you'll then.
    Last edited by johnnyg; 11-09-2013 at 10:29 AM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Regardless of the dates you can count Kathy and I in ! we had a great time last year and will support you in any way we can. If another banner is in order just say the word !

Greg
    Last edited by SpydermanCT; 11-09-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info and the great rates! We are booked. We had a lot of fun at the 2013 event and are very much looking forward to the 2014 Spyderquest!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    #1 Spyderquest was the first event created and posted for the month of September. PERIOD !!!!!!!!
    #2 Spyderquest showed enormous amounts of class last year by not posting how disrespectful you were for creating a event knowing darn well we already launched ours in the same month. We sat back and never said a word to you about it.

Do you think because it was moved a week before ours that it made it ok to step on another event ??????? Knowing Spyderquest was already being put on in September, IMO showed no class on your part and now more of your true colors are showing posting in this thread trying to make us out to be the bad guy. I will stand by no longer and watch you turn this thread upside down with your insinuations that we are stepping on your event. Even Stevie Wonder could see it's the other way around.

Please be respectful and stop posting in this thread.
    No need for the hostility. I was not being hostile. If I did Come across as hostile I apologize. Also, I do apologize if I misunderstood event etiquette. I am new to Spyders as i have only had my Spyder a bit over a year and didn't understand. My first event was Spyder Fest and was simply blown away by a very well organized event and wondered why there were not more. I didn't realize that an event scheduled in a particular month meant that was the only event that was to be scheduled for that month. we posted our dates 2 months ago for out themed event. Spyder Quest a few days ago. I will speak to the other Spyder Palooza organizers about the one event per month rule so as to minimize any future conflicts. Ii still think an event calendar would be good. I am sure, and hope, as the Spyder community grows, the number of events will increase so a schedule would be a great way to avoid these types of problems. From what I see here the max number of events is 12 per year or 1 per month. Besides, as we have seen with the Spyder Fest, Spyder Palooza and Spyder Quest, the need to schedule each event early is important.

Also, I completely understand the resort area thing. I live in a resort area myself and know the pitfalls of scheduling anything during tourist season.

There are plenty of Ryder's for both events. My concern is the vendors. Splitting vendors would be a injustice to both events.

I am done posting on this thread. I can be reached by PM or even a phone call @ 5734294976 if anyone would like to yell at me. Been married 25 years so I am used to it! Haha.

Have a great event and if it is. It to early... Have a great holiday season!

--Chuck
    P.s. Wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. I was just trying to get across the significance of the date to our theme for the event. One thing we do around here is have regular rides/events for Vets and First Responders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Randy,
    Did you announce the dates this early to show the Mo-Gang how it's done in New York?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Randy,
    Did you announce the dates this early to show the Mo-Gang how it's done in New York?
    We did so you would be able to find a dog sitter. Then you will be able to treat your wife to the Spa at the host Hotel/Resort
    Last edited by rnet; 11-09-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I don't know about anyone else but it would be super cool to have a Spyder event going on in every part of the US and Canada at the same time. Just think of the coverage we would get.