Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Firstgear Thermo - Cold Weather Winter Suit

The Firstgear Thermo, one piece riding suit is a great Bank for the Buck. Expands your riding season. Gives you a comfortable, dry, windproof, waterproof ride.

Many very happy customers.

Designed/sized to wear over street cloths or full riding gear.

Full leg zippers - Full front zipper.

I carry the full line of Firstgear products if this isn't what you're looking for. You can look at Firstgear's other products here. Firstgear

PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com for Pricing or more info.

This is a 1 Piece suit so it's geared towards the 'Standard' body shape with quite a bit of extra room built in. These do not have to fit perfectly to fit well. They will fit a very wide range of sizes and shapes and are very forgiving.

Remember, you want a bit more inseam than what you normally wear because you need a longer leg to cover well in the seated position. The sleeve length measurement is from the outside edge of the shoulder to the wrist in this sizing chart. My sleeve length is 33" and the medium fits me fine. Not sure why they don't use the typical (middle of the back) measuring point for these Thermo suits.

The Chest/Waist and Hip measurements are Maximum dimensions. They will fit you fine if you have smaller diameters. Also, you need to figure in the clothing that you intend to wear. Many just wear street cloths under this suit (it's that warm). Some wear full armored jacket/pants under these suits. If you plan to wear full gear you might need to go up one size

Last edited by BajaRon; 11-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Firstgear Thermo - Cold Weather Winter Suit

I have this suit and I love it. I've ridden in sub 32F weather and was never cold. I've also worn it during a pretty good rain storm and stayed dry and warm. I can't recommend this suit enough.

Spyder Garage

Do you carry them in women's sizes?

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Its a great suit! I ordered mine big enought to wear my riding gear under it . . . just in case . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    Do you carry them in women's sizes?
    The Thermo 1-Piece suit is a Uni-Sex design. I have a number of lady customers that wear these suits. The smallest size that Firstgear currently makes is a Small. They used to make an XS but I guess they just didn't sell enough of them so they dropped that size.

If anyone needs a bit of help for sizing you can PM your height, weight, chest and belly measurements to me. I save this info from previous customers and the size suit that fit them well. It really helps with proper sizing.

Spyder Garage

Love ours! Thanks Ron!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What's the price?

Spyder Garage

I bought this suit from Ron last year and it's awesome. I got in about 150 miles of riding in this past weekend with temperatures in the mid 30's to low 40's and I had jeans and a sweatshirt on underneath it. I was perfectly warm and didn't need any other layers. I would highly recommend this suit and BajaRon !
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

I received my large today.
    Thank you Ron!
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    What's the price?
    I am sorry, but due to conditions beyond my control you must PM or Email me at fyredad@hotmail.com for pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    I received my large today.
    Thank you Ron!
    Good deal! I hope you stay warm and toasty on your cold trip!

RodMyers

Ron,

I know I bought the suit last month . Before the rain started, here in knoxville, went out for a 60 minute ride around knox county. Man, that was nice and toasty.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RodMyers View Post
    Ron,

I know I bought the suit last month . Before the rain started, here in knoxville, went out for a 60 minute ride around knox county. Man, that was nice and toasty.

Thank you
    It is an awesome feeling to be roasty/toasty riding down the road in cold weather. Everyone thinks you're an Iron Man when really, it's quite comfortable.

Spyder Garage

I think Lamont and Harvey Clark will attest to the fact they are warm . . . a bunch of us were wearing them when we showed up for the "Great Polar Bear Laser Realignment Party" in Remington VA on 4 January! It was either 5 degrees or 8 degrees (depending on which weather program you believe) when I left home for the trip . . . toasty warm the whole way!

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I think Lamont and Harvey Clark will attest to the fact they are warm . . . a bunch of us were wearing them when we showed up for the "Great Polar Bear Laser Realignment Party" in Remington VA on 4 January! It was either 5 degrees or 8 degrees (depending on which weather program you believe) when I left home for the trip . . . toasty warm the whole way!
    Lamont was telling me about that. He wanted to know if there was ANYONE I had not sold a Thermo suit to! He said it looked like a Firstgear Thermo Suit convention.

I told him that after he bought one from me, everyone wanted to look like him!

Spyder Garage

Default Themo suit

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Lamont was telling me about that. He wanted to know if there was ANYONE I had not sold a Thermo suit to! He said it looked like a Firstgear Thermo Suit convention.

I told him that after he bought one from me, everyone wanted to look like him!
    I bought mine for the event and I was fine the whole trip. It is worth it! Someone said I look better in mine than some other guy, I won't mention his name. lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I bought mine for the event and I was fine the whole trip. It is worth it! Someone said I look better in mine than some other guy, I won't mention his name. lol
    Hey . . . I represent that remark!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    If you've ever been cold on a motorcycle. You know that the gear needed to stay warm pays for itself the 1st time you need it.

I really don't have to sell the Thermo suits. They do a great job of selling themselves!

Spyder Garage

Anxiously waiting to try the one I ordered from Ron. Thanks Ron for the speedy
    and great service.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My only complaint is that since I ordered mine it has bee to warm to wear it. We are ryding in the upper 50s and mid 60s here in Northern California!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    My only complaint is that since I ordered mine it has bee to warm to wear it. We are ryding in the upper 50s and mid 60s here in Northern California!
    You guys are supposed to be getting snow this time of year! I hear Shasta is melting!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is weird. The great thing is that you can ryde every weekend and dress moderately. But if we don't get some rain it is going to be "Spyders in the Brownwoods".

Or, Spyders in the 'Dead Woods'! Not Good!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-14-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Themo suit

Hey . . . I represent that remark!
    I wasn't even talking about you. LOl

Spyder Garage

26 Degree this morning just my street clothes under the Thermo Suit, only my fingertips got a little cold. The only disadvantage it takes a little time to put it on and taking it off so plan your pit stops.

Spyder Garage

I found another great use for my Firstgear Thermo Suit . . . I wore it while shoveling the 10 inches of snow out of my driveway . . . and was toasty warm the whole time!

Spyder Garage

I found another great use for my Firstgear Thermo Suit . . . I wore it while shoveling the 10 inches of snow out of my driveway . . . and was toasty warm the whole time!
    If you weren't sweating, you weren't working hard enough.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!