Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beka's Spyder

Spyder Garage

It's been ages since I've updated this thread, and I've done quite a few mods since then.

I've added a Corbin seat, CHAD, lots of NMN goodies (mudflap lights, Triple Play, Green filter, front turn signals), cup holder, Kury grips, Powerlet Termin-8, Powerlet dash outlet, and a powered tank bag with Starcom1 intercom.

The Powerlet Termin-8 is very handy for the price. It connects to the battery and has a 20 amp fuse. You then connect any new connections to it instead of the battery. I have it set up right under the seat, so adding anything new that needs power just requires me to pop the seat, pull the fuse, attach new goodies, and then re-install the fuse. This is really handy since the side panels are a slight pain to remove with the I-7 rack.

Thanks to dltang for the tank bag idea and to NancysToy for the Starcom1 idea.
    Last edited by beka; 07-26-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hit the attachment limit on the previous post. Here's a bigger view of the dash area showing the tank bag, cup holder, Starcom1 volume control (left side near risers), and Kury grips.

Spyder Garage

Look 1st rate
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Spyder Garage

Default Wind Shield?

Hello, just wandering what wind shield is that?, and is it working out for you?, I'm 5;5", looking for a good wind shield....Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beka View Post
    Hopefully, my husband will be ready for his own Spyder in my lifetime. He went for his learner's permit and failed the test. All but 3 questions were about the various penalties for driving offenses for minors. Since he's not a teenager, he really didn't pay much attention to that stuff. Oh well.

In the meantime, I've been busy with a few more mods: NMN risers, Progrip 721 grips, leftover bar-ends from an older bike, and a small bag that fits on the risers. I'm still playing with the position of the bars, bout for you,

The bag is a Swat 833 Triple Tree bag that I picked up from Newenough for $18. It's perfect for toll money and other small things. I didn't need anything big there since I have the hard bags for hauling the major stuff. Sorry about the messy garage in the background.

Next up, Kuryakyn Swingwing pegs for the passenger. They look like they'll give the passenger a bit more legroom. Anyone happen to know if 8818 is the right adapter? I've seen lots of posts about the rider pegs, but not the passenger. If no one knows, I guess I'll give it a shot and report back.

Spyder Garage

Default Wind Shield

Hello, Just wandering what windshield you are using?, and is it working out for you? I'm 5'5" looking for a windshield to keep the wind off me, and I was wondering where you got the Powerlet Termin-8?..........Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire1511 View Post
    Hello, Just wandering what windshield you are using?, and is it working out for you? I'm 5'5" looking for a windshield to keep the wind off me, and I was wondering where you got the Powerlet Termin-8?..........Thanks.
    I'm now using a CHAD windshield. The windshield in the earlier photos was the older BRP touring shield. The touring shield was much better than stock, but I still felt pretty beaten on long trips with it. The CHAD is great. I keep it in the lowest position around town, and raise it slightly for longer trips. Ideally I should swap back to the touring shield for summertime local riding to get more air, but I'm too lazy.

I picked up the Termin-8 from spoiledbiker.com. I imagine most Powerlet dealers will have them though.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Sharp!!!!

I'am impress with the dress of your must fine that seat and back rest

Spyder Garage

Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.