Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default If I might make a suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm not an expert, other than attending 3 SF events. But I can tell you that people will start arriving on the 26th! I can also tell you that typically it's not a huge deal if you miss any single thing at the beginning (other than wanting to be there for everything). Pitbull, MOGang and the others that put the schedule together understand that with people ryding in, they schedule multiple big group events. So, if you miss one... There are many more.
    If I could just toss this out there to think about (as an organizer of events on a much smaller scale than Spyderfest)...If you plan on showing up early and hanging out, please ask how you can help and plan on rolling your sleeves up to pitch in. Or plan on just stopping to say hi and then go enjoy the surrounding roads and nearby Branson until SF starts.

Len, Vanessa, Lamont and the MOGang will have their hands unbelievably full the last week before SF and it's very hard to entertain early arrivers and work non-stop at the same time. And these guys will always err on the side of being hospitable.

Just imagine throwing a dinner party for 20 people that starts at 6:00pm, but several guests show up at noon and want to just chat! All the while there is still food to prepare, house cleaning to be done and the other last minute preparations to be done. I'd be major stressed to get the preparation done for the other guests and still make my early friends feel welcome!

No, they did not ask me to post this. I've just seen it happen and know that well-meaning, excited visitors can still make things harder and never realize it. There have always been early arrivers who do work and I know they've been appreciated.

Last edited by FaranH; 11-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    If I could just toss this out there to think about (as an organizer of events on a much smaller scale than Spyderfest)...If you plan on showing up early and hanging out, please ask how you can help and plan on rolling your sleeves up to pitch in. Or plan on just stopping to say hi and then go enjoy the surrounding roads and nearby Branson until SF starts.

Len, Vanessa, Lamont and the MOGang will have their hands unbelievably full the last week before SF and it's very hard to entertain early arrivers and work non-stop at the same time. And these guys will always err on the side of being hospitable.

Just imagine throwing a dinner party for 20 people that started at 6:00pm, but several guests show up at noon and want to just chat! All the while there is still food to prepare, house cleaning to be done and the other last minute preparations to be done. I'd be major stressed to get the preparation done for the other guests and still make my early friends feel welcome!

No, they did not ask me to post this. I've just seen it happen and know that well-meaning, excited visitors can still make things harder and never realize it. There have always been early arrivers who do work and I know they've been appreciated.

Hey ..... What is this "WORK" thing that you speak of???

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    Joe, come early and you will find out!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe
    Joe we need to have a talk.This retirement thing is really throwing you off balance. Lol

ivor

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats

WOW great news cant wait

Spyder Garage

Default Rolling my sleeves up as I type...

Agree Faran and as one of those early arrivals, with rolled sleeves, that is one of the highlights of SF....I have really connected with some awesome people and I get to see what it reallllllly takes to pull of something as awesome as Spyderfest.....wahoo bring it on...I'm getting READY...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Agree Faran and as one of those early arrivals, with rolled sleeves, that is one of the highlights of SF....I have really connected with some awesome people and I get to see what it reallllllly takes to pull of something as awesome as Spyderfest.....wahoo bring it on...I'm getting READY...

You were the EXACT person I was thinking of when I said that some people who arrive early, arrive early to work. You really do get to know people when you work side-by-side. And I know your smiling face is appreciated, Karyl!

Spyder Garage

Just booked at Quality Inn at 75.00 per night thru Hotel.com. They are across the street from the Lamplighter. They have a few rooms left. Penny

Spyder Garage

ill be at the motel 6 2655 north glen stone 97dollars for two nights friday&sat thats the senear rate 60 and over phone is 417-831-2100 ill see you all there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe
    WORK, Thats a four letter word! There I go again making trouble.

SpyderFest '14 - Be Safe
    ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by 2ndChildhood; 11-05-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Life is Great
    ToM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Work"??
    I love it! I could watch somebody work; all day long!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by webweaver View Post
    Just booked at Quality Inn at 75.00 per night thru Hotel.com. They are across the street from the Lamplighter. They have a few rooms left. Penny
    Same here using Hotel.com. Can't wait!

Spyder Garage

Congrats to you both what an exciting venture.
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Website for 2014 - when will it be updated?

Spyderfest Website for 2014 - when will it be updated? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    First the good stuff. This is only part of the info but we will be working on a page with all the details soon.

The dates.
    April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
    Lamplighter Inn & Suites

Click on logo for more info

This year we will have vendors space indoors and outdoors to accommodate for any unexpected weather. The main event will take place at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds. More to come on this. http://www.ozarkempirefair.com/facilities/

So now you know a little about Spyderfest 2014 I'm going to give you some of the details about "The Next Legacy" and what that means. This was Len's name by the way if you love it or hate it.

Len and I have been building a strong relationship for the last 5 years and I love him and his family like they were my own. Len is an incredible young man with more drive and determination than anyone I've ever met. His character is beyond reproach and I am proud to call him my friend and also my partner in a new venture we have a vision for.

We just signed papers for some land that we will be building "The Lamonster Garage" just 11 miles north of the Pit Bull shop. This 10 acre lot is where we will be building all Pit Bulls Spyders for the show room with some of his techs and the Lamonster techs to make sure that your first experience of Spyder ownership is a good one. We'll do custom builds also and have some service work done there. We'll also be a parts warehouse for all things Spyder and will direct ship from the warehouse. We are building an online store on SpyderLovers that you will be able to have a one stop shopping experience.

Our plans are to make The Lamonster Garage a Spyder hub where you can come and just hangout if you like and ride around the area. We're shooting for a Grand Opening at the time of Spyderfest but that may be a little ambitious.

I am more excited about this venture than any other I've done through the years. I had a mobile welding biz for 16 years in San Diego and for the last 14 years I've been working in the motorcycle industry designing parts and running club forums. I just sold that business and was looking to do something I really love with the rest of my life and Spyder and Spyder people is what I love and have a passion for and I can't think of a better person to do this with than Len from Pit Bull. I hope we can be a blessing to you all and serve you well. For sure we will make mistakes and screw up from time to time but we will make it right by all means possible if you just give us the chance. Look for great things in the future of all things Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Default BEST WISHES

BEST WISHES with you new venture...
    and if there is anything i can help with, please call...
    as a retired engineer who has designed, built, repaired and trouble-shot gas turbines; aka: jet engines, and necessary tooling, i just may be able to help if you run into a situation....
    022.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Spyderfest Website for 2014 - when will it be updated? Thanks
    Historically, Len and the MOGang slowly add updates one at a time.

Hope they have the drag races again this year.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Got my room yesterday at the Microtel Inn, right across the street (44) and only a 2 minute ryde to the Lamplighter. If I'm staying in a hotel for more that one night I need a Refrigerator and Microwave.

Spyder Garage

Default Reservation at Lamplighter South 1772 Glenstone

Not sure where this is located relative to the festivities, but got tired of searching. Made it for three nights 1-3 May.

If anyone knows of something closer thats not outrageously priced, let me know.
    Last edited by ulflyer; 12-15-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Not sure where this is located relative to the festivities, but got tired of searching. Made it for three nights 1-3 May.

There is a Motel 6 across the street from the host motel, About $39.00/ night. Nothing fancy but will allow you to get more "Stuff"

If you do Google Earth, Street View, you can see where they are all at.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I would NOT recommend the Lamplighter SOUTH. We stayed a night there once. A strip club is attached to the hotel and the room was one of the nastiest I have seen. Look at hotels up closer to I44 and Glenstone. Try the Drury Inn if the host hotels are all booked. Drury inns aren't cheap, but they are clean and well maintained.

Definitely steer clear of Lamplighter South.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    There is a Motel 6 across the street from the host motel, About $39.00/ night. Nothing fancy but will allow you to get more "Stuff"

If you do Google Earth, Street View, you can see where they are all at.
    Frank, is this Motel 6 North thats on Glenstone? Gonna Cancel Lamplighter South.

Edited: Just confirmed resv at the above.

Thanks for feedback folks.

ted
    Last edited by ulflyer; 12-15-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Frank, is this Motel 6 North thats on Glenstone? Gonna Cancel Lamplighter South.

Edited: Just confirmed resv at the above.

Thanks for feedback folks.

ted
    Yep 2655 N Glenstone

See you there

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb MISSED LAST YEAR

I hope to make it this year, have the dates down, now ck for some rooms,,,,,,,,,CAN'T WAIT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default prices on so rooms..

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    I just made my reservation, tell them Spyderfest.

Life is Great - Be Safe
    ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cam someone give me a link to check on prices for the rooms at so or a number so I can check on prices.!!!
    thanks
    chuck

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default PLEASE HELP !!!!

[QUOTE=RidersInChrist;735035]Came someone give me a link to that hotel to check on prices for the rooms or a number so I can call .Also can I have a zip code where SF is going to be so I can look at other hotels around the area.please...
    thanks
    chuck