Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default ABATE of Florida Seminole County

Just asking for help in getting the information about ABATE out to those we share the roads with. I am will to make my Motorcycle Safety Awareness Presentation to any organization that will give me 30 minutes of their time and a projector to hook my PC to. We are trying to reach all those who don't quite get who we are or why we ride.

ABATE
    American Bikers Aimed Toward Education
    I would like to extend an open invitation to you to attend one of our ABATE meetings and get to know us and what stand for and what we do. We are so much more then “those guys who got the helmet law repealed”. Our meeting this month is on Sunday November 24, 2013 at 10am. It is held at the Sanford Moose Lodge. Normally we meet the third Sunday of each month 10am, this is an exception.
    2660 S Palmetto Ave, Sanford, FL ‎
    (407) 321-2534 ‎ ·

Many people think they know all about Abate. Surprisingly, just as many have never heard of us or have no idea what we are about. This is a chance to take an hour out of your day to learn all about us. Some bullet points of our many accomplishments recently:

• On July 30, 2000 we had a 30 year old Helmet Law repealed, allowing us freedom of choice.
    • We are now in the top four Motorcycle Rights Organizations, (MRO) in the country
    • We had handlebar height laws modified
    • We successfully fought a law that would have forbid our children from riding on our bikes.
    • We successfully fought a bill that would have confiscated motorcycles for going 30mph over a speed limit
    • We developed and have taught thousands the MSAP the Motorcycle Safety Awareness Program, gaining us over one million dollars in State funding to promote Motorcycle Safety.
    • Fought the vertical tag law and penalty
    • Fought the profiling of motorcyclists by eliminating motorcycle only check points
    • We fought for and helped get passed the first penalty of any kind in Florida for texting while driving

There are many more. Many are bills we fight to block that would remove your rights as a rider. Bills such as the one that wanted to dictate all apparel, head to foot, that you MUST wear to be able to ride a motorcycle.
    Please, take some time to come see what we are about. We are a group of great people who want to help educate young and old and in between all about Motorcycle Safety. We welcome you to any meeting.
    A couple of helpful Websites are:
    http://abatesemco.org/ our site
    http://www.abateflorida.com/ state site
    http://lic.abateflorida.com/ current legislation

Jim Lemkow – PR and Communications and Safety Trustee Abate of Florida Seminole County
    407-310-7194
    Jim Lemkow
    2012 RT Limited Brown with Tan Corbin Lamonster style seat,
    two Boys slip on pipes, fender lights, cup holder, seal floor boards, Elka Shocks

2013 STS - Elka Shocks, Two Bothers Exhaust..lots of lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you please tell me that you are in favor of NOT wearing helmet to protect you brain in case of accident. If ABATE stand on this I'm sorry that I cannot support that but the rest on your list I agree and support.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=jerpinoy;714577]Can you please tell me that you are in favor of NOT wearing helmet to protect you brain in case of accident. If ABATE stand on this I'm sorry that I cannot support that but the rest on your list I agree and support.[/QUOTE

I may be way off on this one, but I believe that they stand for "CHOICE". A person should have a choice as to whether they wear one or not.

Chris