Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default so are you ready for pricing

so i go to the dealer today and just wanted to get a trade in price, but he was busy and asked me to hang around a lil so i did. he asked what i was looking for and what i wanted for my bike, so i hit him with what i thought was a good number and i said 20k. he goes on the computer and show's me his web site and he has 4 2013 rt limited's going for 22.9k. than he told me that can am flooded the dealers with 2013's at a price the could not pass up so they took them. he said you ready to lay down a deposit and i said get me my number and i will sign the papers right now, he gives me a price of a rt sm6 or whatever it is for 28k striped. than he leaves the table to talk to his boss. when he comes back he tells me that they would give me 15k for my bike and i laughed. i shook his hand and say goodby.

htey also have no idea when the 14's are coming out and did not hear anything about being delayed. but 15 k are they serious

Spyder Garage

They must be smoking their lunch..........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

this is not the time....latest is Late December on the 14's..I would hang in there you only lose if you bail to soon...!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Here We Go

2013 RT's are WORTHLESS with all the Heat Issues.

I am still waiting and holding my breath to here from BRP on how they are going to fix mine....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    so i go to the dealer today and just wanted to get a trade in price, but he was busy and asked me to hang around a lil so i did. he asked what i was looking for and what i wanted for my bike, so i hit him with what i thought was a good number and i said 20k. he goes on the computer and show's me his web site and he has 4 2013 rt limited's going for 22.9k. than he told me that can am flooded the dealers with 2013's at a price the could not pass up so they took them. he said you ready to lay down a deposit and i said get me my number and i will sign the papers right now, he gives me a price of a rt sm6 or whatever it is for 28k striped. than he leaves the table to talk to his boss. when he comes back he tells me that they would give me 15k for my bike and i laughed. i shook his hand and say goodby.

htey also have no idea when the 14's are coming out and did not hear anything about being delayed. but 15 k are they serious
    OUCH! Sorry to hear that, John. Maybe (and I'm just thinking outloud) you should just let them fix it for you (as a part of warranty)) and then sell it privately? I don't know what else to say.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about the trade in price. Fix and sell privately is probably the way to go in this case.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    Are you up for a bit of a commute?

Klinger's Powersports
    Walton NY
    607 865 6326
    (Butch)

Arctic Adventures
    Rosendale, NY
    845 658 8844
    (Tom)

Rusty Palmer's
    Honesdale, PA
    570 253 4507
    (Ron)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default walton ny

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,
    Are you up for a bit of a commute?

Klinger's Powersports
    Walton NY
    607 865 6326
    (Butch)

Arctic Adventures
    Rosendale, NY
    845 658 8844
    (Tom)

Rusty Palmer's
    Honesdale, PA
    570 253 4507
    (Ron)
    my old house was outside walton ny 3 1/2 hr drive from me but i will put the vents that i bought on the bike and just keep bitching about it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

my old house was outside walton ny 3 1/2 hr drive from me but i will put the vents that i bought on the bike and just keep bitching about it
    Hang in there John you are not alone in you battle for a proper fix. I have not heard a word from BRP in almost 6 weeks and every day that goes by I just get a little more pissed off!! It's too cold and crappy to ride now anyway for me but with 5 years of warranty I'm going to bitch to hell won't have it! I have spoken to an attorney about lemon law and in Ohio they only have one oppritunity to fix it when it is considered to be a safety risk. I'm kinda stuck now till warmer weather because it clearly don't get hot now, it's winter!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

WHEN are you going to stop doing business with this guy? The MSRP on a 2014 RT SM6 is $22,900, not 28K. Heck, a 2014 RT LTD is only $30,499. $28K should be about the MSRP for a 2014 RT-S SE6.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default new dealer

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    WHEN are you going to stop doing business with this guy? The MSRP on a 2014 RT SM6 is $22,900, not 28K. Heck, a 2014 RT LTD is only $30,499. $28K should be about the MSRP for a 2014 RT-S SE6.
    this is a dealer i have never gone to b4 i stayed away from this guy because he had a bad rap and i can see why

Spyder Garage

never sell a summer toy in the fall .i always go shopping for summer stuff in november .bargains galore from people that would rather sell than store .hang on to your machine till may , it will be worth it .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

this is a dealer i have never gone to b4 i stayed away from this guy because he had a bad rap and i can see why
    WTF?? Are all the dealers in your area nuts?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Heck, I got quoted a trade-in value of $15,000.00 for my 2011 RT SE-5 when I was considering trading for the ST Limited back before the Owners Event in Maggie Valley. Sounds like it's time to bid those people a fond farewell and high tail it somewhere else!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll be happy to get $15000 for my 2011 RT-SE: with the price they are offering the 2013 for why should anyone would buy a used -11 for more than that??
    Looks like the 2014 will be hot cakes too! My dealer had a low mileage for $22,000 then $18,000 and it is still not sold (6 months). If he takes my -11 for $15,000 he will try to resale it for how much:?? $17/18,000??? "My " -14 will be bought anyway by anyone coming to the shop, so why bother??

Spyder Garage

Right now, with all the buzz on the 2014 in everyone's mind, I'm afraid the trade in price for a used Spyder is very low.
    I inquired about my 2010 RTSM5 and the trade in value was so low, it's just not worth upgrading to a 2014.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default there's has to some thing else

cant just wait and see what happens. BRP has to make it right for everyone affected.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick11Flor View Post
    cant just wait and see what happens. BRP has to make it right for everyone affected.

BRP doesn't have to do "jack" and with all the bitchin and moanin about decrease in value I've been reading for the past month, I wouldn't blame them.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

BRP doesn't have to do "jack" and with all the bitchin and moanin about decrease in value I've been reading for the past month, I wouldn't blame them.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    The whole idea that it's BRP's fault that the prices for used Spyder Toys is lower than you would like is flawed.
    The marketplace determines the price and if BRP could manipulate it RT Limiteds would be selling for 75K

Most Spyders are high end models, RT and Limiteds in the RT and ST and command a high new price because they are marketing to those who can afford to pay for their toys.

Those people, for the most part, don't want their toys used.
    JMHO
    and The pecularities of the used vehicle marketplace are the fault of... NOBODY!! happens on a collective front, and no one person,dealer/manufacturer, or importer can affect it...

Spyder Garage

So you go to a dealer that "has a bad rap" and he low balls you on the trade in and he high balls you on list price and you post it here like this is what all dealers are doing. I don't get it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

Chris
    They may not want to but they will have to do something. There are a few of us out there that will get something done or BRP may be buying back a few bikes.... under law. Ask SpyderAnn01 if she would let them do nothing! Now if you are talking about the pricing aspect then your right there is nothing BRP can do about that, that it just the way it is, something new always drives down the value of something old. I bet Cuznjohn would give up his complaining as well as I (and everybody else for that matter) if BRP would just tell us something so we are not just hanging in limbo.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fixing bikes, and repairing the retail trade industry are pretty much two; relatively unrelated issues...
    BRP is doing what it can; as FAST as it can, for the former...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    The whole idea that it's BRP's fault that the prices for used Spyder Toys is lower than you would like is flawed.
    The marketplace determines the price and if BRP could manipulate it RT Limiteds would be selling for 75K

Most Spyders are high end models, RT and Limiteds in the RT and ST and command a high new price because they are marketing to those who can afford to pay for their toys.

Those people, for the most part, don't want their toys used.
    JMHO
    Roger, I have to disagree in part with your statement. BRP has been dumping 2013 RT at such a low price that I feel it will reduce the value of all used Spyders. When BRP tells their dealers that they can sell these new 2013 at upwards of $6,000 off MSRP it has a definite effect on the price of used machines.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They seem to offer up just about the same incentive each year at this time in an attempt to clear out the prior year models...
    This year it's $3000 bucks...
    Wasn't last year $2500?
    (I could be wrong on the Math... )