Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by revjvegas View Post
    The next weekend, 15-17, would be better for me; just say'n. And might give others more time to plan ahead?

The 9th is our 22nd anniversary and we'll be out of town...on the Spyder no less

If that turns out to be the date, then I'll just catch the next one.
    If you want to use that weekend, Harvey is going to be in my place (Memphis). Good reason to ride!

But Hot Springs is probably a bit closer... pleanty of choices!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by srwilli View Post
    You should have your bike checked, you might be very surprised and it could save your front tires.
    If it isn't broke, I'm not fixing it. LOL! Ergo, if I start to see any strange or abnormal tire wear or it develops handling problems THEN I'll get it checked but not before.

Your alignment issues may be due to the touring models being heavier, I notice most of ya'll lining up for alignments appear to have the touring models not the sport models.... idk.

Thanks for elaborating though, and I will be checking my tire wear as the mileage goes higher. Regards SirWilli!

- Michael

SpyderLovers Sponsor SPYDERPOPS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    If it isn't broke, I'm not fixing it. LOL! Ergo, if I start to see any strange or abnormal tire wear or it develops handling problems THEN I'll get it checked but not before.

Your alignment issues may be due to the touring models being heavier, I notice most of ya'll lining up for alignments appear to have the touring models not the sport models.... idk.

Thanks for elaborating though, and I will be checking my tire wear as the mileage goes higher. Regards SirWilli!

- Michael
    That's right, if it is not broke don't fix it! That's why we don't charge anything if it is within specs.

With that said, we have found only a couple Spyders that were not either crabbing or toed out real bad. The funny part is they are usually fairly new with low miles and the rider had no idea that it was that bad as they grew used to the way it rode.

All models have the same problems as this the only way to get the front wheels to track with the rear wheel.

Harvey

Spyder Garage

Default WooHoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERPOPS View Post
    How about next weekend Saturday the 9th if it will work for Charlene? I can begin at 8:00 am and work until all are done.
    Harvey
    Either weekend works for me. Flamingobabe i can pitch in for a party / bbq, drinks, etc. Let me know. Im going to try and make the el campo ride this weekend.
    09 Phanthom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    Why is everybody so in need of an alignment? What are ya'll doing to these machines to throw the alignments out so fast? Am I missing something here?

I'm just about to hit the 3K mile mark on my RS, and it holds the road just true as an arrow the tire tread still looks brand new... how many miles do ya'll have on your machines to be in need of alignments already?

I know the roads kinda suck around Houston, but I didn't think they were that bad! LOL! I am honestly confused... somebody clue me in please?

- Michael
    I had to replace my front tires at 10k miles they were very worn on the inside. I guess i've gotten use to the way it rides because i don't feel it pulls to the left or right, but i know it needs an alignment because of the uneven tread wear.
    09 Phanthom

Spyder Garage

I'm in for either weekend but the 16th would be better. Let me know what needs bringin

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default alignment

hey harvey, are you bringing along other goodies, i.e. (sway bars )???? Or is the day strictly for alignments?

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERPOPS View Post
    With that said, we have found only a couple Spyders that were not either crabbing or toed out real bad. The funny part is they are usually fairly new with low miles and the rider had no idea that it was that bad as they grew used to the way it rode.

All models have the same problems as this the only way to get the front wheels to track with the rear wheel.
    Harvey, mine seemed to handle perfectly fine from the get-go (it had 880 miles on it when I bought it used this summer) and the tire tread still looks brand new at ~3K miles... so what are the signs to look for, other than crabbing and/or strange tire tread wear? Is this just a set up issue from the factory/dealer that they aren't in proper alignment right off the dealer's lot?

I've read postings on this site among others by people who have claimed their tires were totally wearing out with less than 5K miles on them... I presume these are the factory/dealer mis-aligned Spyders?

I'm on the north side of Houston, a little out from the Kingwood area... I do NOT like driving thru Houston even in my large dually pickup truck MUCH less on the Spyder so it's probably unlikely this laser alignment will be offered in my neck of the woods. But there is a good sized Spyder club in Conroe I'm told, which is also north of Houston...

Thanks.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

I should be good for the 9th or 16th.
    2013 RT , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by momofatdog View Post
    hey harvey, are you bringing along other goodies, i.e. (sway bars )???? Or is the day strictly for alignments?
    Yeah I have been meaning to order a skid plate....
    2013 RT , Red

Spyder Garage

The 9th sounds great. I'll be there when you open. FB what do we need to bring?

Spyder Garage

The 9th is. Bad because that is the Texas Honor Ride to BAMC in San Antonio. The next weekend would be better.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talked with Harvey and the weekend of the 9th of November Harvey will be at my house to do Laser Alignments starting at 8am and working until all are done.....Let's have a BYOM party....."Bring your own meat"....bring steak, pork, chicken, fish...what ever you want...I'll supply the baked potatoes and fixings and salad....and water....bring what you want to drink....I have coolers...Mark will have a wood fire to cook the meat...any questions...just ask....for directions pm me.....this should be fun...Lasers and friendships

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default RISE & SHINE

We will see you at 8am

Ray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Talked with Harvey and the weekend of the 9th of November Harvey will be at my house to do Laser Alignments starting at 8am and working until all are done.....Let's have a BYOM party....."Bring your own meat"....bring steak, pork, chicken, fish...what ever you want...I'll supply the baked potatoes and fixings and salad....and water....bring what you want to drink....I have coolers...Mark will have a wood fire to cook the meat...any questions...just ask....for directions pm me.....this should be fun...Lasers and friendships
    Charlyne, count me in on this one. Bonnie will be out of town hehe
    Rick " fmftxs" Glugla

Spyder Garage

Well we just might have to make the trip to Houston for a visit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Default Oh well.

Scratch me off the list.
    It'll have to be another time, another place for me.

Maybe a road trip to Greenville.

Spyder Garage

Default This will make me a happy camper

Maybe this bike will stop jumping around and pulling from one side to the other.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Lasers and Friendships... two of my many favorite things!!!

Good luck! Wish I was there but that week is my Mom's 70th birthday... Family first!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default newbie motorcycle rider. Looking at the spyders really love them looking for info

Newbie to motorcycles looking for my first one fell in love with the spyder I'm 25 single need a chick magnet lol I've had 6 open heart surgerys I think I'd feel safe on the spyder just need to here the good the bad and ugly about them and where to shop around Beaumont

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremys2 View Post
    Newbie to motorcycles looking for my first one fell in love with the spyder I'm 25 single need a chick magnet lol I've had 6 open heart surgerys I think I'd feel safe on the spyder just need to here the good the bad and ugly about them and where to shop around Beaumont
    Unfortunately it's more of a "guy magnet" you'll find out. Everywhere you take the thing, guys will walk over to ask questions and check it out close up.

Kinda suxs when you're single.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremys2 View Post
    Hi... just bought a RT-S from Mancuso south in Houston. Phillip treated me right. It's 90 miles off but no close by dealers. I live in Port Neches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk