Thread: NEWS FROM BRP ?

Spyder Garage

Default NEWS FROM BRP ?

Wondering, has anyone heard back from BRP following Steve's on line request, of issues with their Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Default my case number

Quote Originally Posted by poordom View Post
    Wondering, has anyone heard back from BRP following Steve's on line request, of issues with their Spyders.
    NOPE
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Hope..!!

your not holding your breath...watch for it...but it's not easy to reply to such things without getting a lot of folks envolved....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Data, post, issues, bitches, moaning collection not complete yet?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default this is what I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by poordom View Post
    Not sure how long I can do this.

Spyder Garage

yes , i had a long talk with a rep from BRP on monday of this week .no rush , i explained all of my problems and she is going to have a technical rep call me about my oil pump issue .it was nice of them to call , shows a committment to make things better .bringing up the problems here on this forum i think is getting action .as a spyder owner and a Canadian , i want very much for this machine to be a big success .improving the quality needs to be job one .

Spyder Garage

Still waiting and watching for the information following BRP's request for customer feedback on the product. It appeared that a lot of people were participating--but it has been a while now for them to compile information and report.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

New case worker...BRP is trying to find solutions to problems.....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Do you still think we're going to hear something from BRP other than, "Thank You for your feedback"?
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barlock View Post
    Do you still think we're going to hear something from BRP other than, "Thank You for your feedback"?
    We can hope. But you are right. I don't see them listing--"And these are the complaints we encountered".

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I was Contacted

Quote Originally Posted by Barlock View Post

I completed the " Share your story", it was not good, and about two weeks ago I got a phone call from the BRP Yves Leduc, Vice President General Manager North America Division.

I explained my "HEAT ISSUES" and lack of help from BRP. He said they, BRP Techs, were working on the issues.

Last week I got a call from BRP President Remy. I also told him of my heat issues and he assured me that BRP was woking on it. I told him I was preparing to file a Lemon Law complaint in my state if a fix didn't happen soon.
    He assured me that they were working on the issues. He said he believed the issue was a "mapping" update to fix the heat. I told him my riding season was over until April and he said there would be a fix by then. As he then said that there were in the south that they still had deal with.

So Maybe there will be a fix coming soon to a dealer near you.....
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Spyder Garage

mdromaine ....my case worker told me that BRP was replacing the purge valve and do work on the mapping....probably next week

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdromaine View Post
    I completed the " Share your story", it was not good, and about two weeks ago I got a phone call from the BRP Yves Leduc, Vice President General Manager North America Division.

I explained my "HEAT ISSUES" and lack of help from BRP. He said they, BRP Techs, were working on the issues.

Last week I got a call from BRP President Remy. I also told him of my heat issues and he assured me that BRP was woking on it. I told him I was preparing to file a Lemon Law complaint in my state if a fix didn't happen soon.
    He assured me that they were working on the issues. He said he believed the issue was a "mapping" update to fix the heat. I told him my riding season was over until April and he said there would be a fix by then. As he then said that there were in the south that they still had deal with.

Great. I wasn't even hoping to hear anything of this kind. Good for BRP!
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=mdromaine;714204]I completed the " Share your story", it was not good, and about two weeks ago I got a phone call from the BRP Yves Leduc, Vice President General Manager North America Division.

So Maybe there will be a fix coming soon to a dealer near you.....[/QUOTE

What is a mapping update?

Spyder Garage

Default brp fix

[QUOTE=RBS66;714258]

So Maybe there will be a fix coming soon to a dealer near you.....[/QUOTE

What is a mapping update?
    you know what their fix is, they flooded the dealers with 2013's for a price the dealers could not pass up and stuck us with bikes that we can't get rid of them, i went today for a price on a trade in for my 13 rt and they offered me 15k and said that they had 4 rt ltd's in the back that brp sold them and they are selling them for 22.9 k so that's their fix for us
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

RBS66.....I am no expert...but read this link and you'll understand some....maybe some smart guy will tune in.... http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...-computer2.htm the 2013's run to the lean side....Power Commander will not help because BRP would have to change the fuel mapping...hope this helps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Char,
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A "map" is a predetermined program that the computer follows to adjust the timing and fuel injection for the engine to run properly. They have the ability to create a new map at will BUT... they are stuck to meet EPA standards for pollution so just mapping it richer seems to be the answer but there is far more to it than that. Not every engine is exactly the same and I think that's why some of us are having heat issues and others are not, could be any number of variables causing the issue or it could be more than one. I really really hope there is some truth in this thread! This is the best news I have heard since I bought it!! Now if they would only call ME back and tell me SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!

Spyder Garage

Well you had more success than I did with my brake failure problem, curious how a heat issue gets that kind of response but having the brakes fail on 3 different occasions doesn't. Despite my attempts to get some explanation, to date, no explanation, no calls, no e-mails. Very dissapointing.

Spyder Garage

Default what

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Did you file a Safety Complaint with NTHSA ??
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Spyder Garage

Did you file a Safety Complaint with NTHSA ??
    Ya know, I didn't really want to start playing hard ball with anyone, I just wanted a clear rational explanation for why it was happening, so that I knew whatever repair was being made would in fact fix the problem.