Thread: 2015 RT.......

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT.......

Ok, so we know the major changes for the 2014 RT so what would you like to see on the 15 RT. I would personally consider going from an RS to a RT if maybe they would make the rear trunk/backrest removable. Like the Harley Classic/ultra classic. I think it would be cool to remove that for a more sportier look when not touring bUt I like the idea of having it for long trips or 2 up. Has anyone ever thought about this or what do y'all think? I would also definitely consider the 15 ST if they put the 1330 with the 6 speed in it and not for the power but for the lower RPM and fuel mileage aspect of it. What would you like to see on the 15's?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

that would be the ST...sporty and you can add the trunk. You can have that now but they may put the 1330 engine in it next...I would like to see them get this new RT off the shelf first...!! it's been delayed.....
    Last edited by Chupaca; 10-31-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default 15 RT

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    Ok, so we know the major changes for the 2014 RT so what would you like to see on the 15 RT. I would personally consider going from an RS to a RT if maybe they would make the rear trunk/backrest removable. Like the Harley Classic/ultra classic. I think it would be cool to remove that for a more sportier look when not touring bUt I like the idea of having it for long trips or 2 up. Has anyone ever thought about this or what do y'all think? I would also definitely consider the 15 ST if they put the 1330 with the 6 speed in it and not for the power but for the lower RPM and fuel mileage aspect of it. What would you like to see on the 15's?
    I have a 2012 RT Limited and am more or less happy with it. I would buy a 2015 RT over an RS or ST as I prefer a touring type. So I don't care if the RS or ST has a removable trunk, but I can see where that would appeal to RS and ST ryders. Like you I would like to have the 1330 with the 6 speed not for the power but for the lower RPM and fuel mileage. If the 2014 RT is all that it appears to be I don't know there is much BRP can do to improve on it for 2015. Maybe I lack imagination. A luggage rack on the rear trunk would be nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you're kidding; right?
    The 2014s haven't been even shipped yet...
    Why not leave something for NEXT year's "Silly Season"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A turbo 1330 for the RS. Now that would be a screamer! Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If we're gonna play...
    How about a to trunk that is deeper from front to back, and able to actually hold a fullface helmet?
    And side storage that is also deeper!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2016 RT SE 6 1600T ( turbo)What about this?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree with more storage. The "frunk" is just too small. I would also like to see the side tour packs open from on top so they don't spill out. More like the Harley side tour packs. I lost a rain jacket last yr. as we were leaving on vacation. The tour pack opened as I was going down the road. lost all the contents. I didn't know it was open until I stopped the first time. Sensors on the side would be nice. Maybe the later models already have them. i know the back one does, don't know about the side ones. i have the 2010 RT so no sensors, UGH!!!

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

My '10 RTS has sensors on the side bags.
    Last edited by retired1; 10-31-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enterprise; the bike!.jpg "Advance prduct engineering and planning", may hold some surprises in the future!

Spyder Garage

RE: the 2015

: Since the 2014's have not come and gone yet--it's hard to come up with any "fixes" that will be needed. My suggestions below are for the top of the line model.

: A larger capacity top trunk and side bags. Large enough to accommodate a full face helmet without any jockeying around.

: A top trunk rack.

: Special lighting on the trunk and side bags (ala GW options).

: Top trunk removable if we want that ST or "Road King" look.

: A "real" deluxe seat for driver and passenger--heated of course--and with a drivers adjustable backrest. For the kind of $ we are used to paying--we should not have to go elsewhere and spend another $1K to get a good seat.

I think I have my dream list here. Any other ideas?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red