Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar Install

I have a 2012 RT-LTD, with Spyderpops "bumpPlate" I have some mechanical ability and no lift, just jacks at this timer. I would like to have your sway bar, however I have not read anything from users about their installation . No install vids on your website yet, so, can you give me a few tips. Local dealer not a help.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default No video..!!

have a few shots of the change on our RS 2012. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2588

Instructions are pretty clear and easy to follow. Hang in there, there should be more to come..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

RodMyers

Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post
    I have a 2012 RT-LTD, with Spyderpops "bumpPlate" I have some mechanical ability and no lift, just jacks at this timer. I would like to have your sway bar, however I have not read anything from users about their installation . No install vids on your website yet, so, can you give me a few tips. Local dealer not a help.

Thanks
    Baja Ron installed mine with the bump plate on. It was on lamonts lift.

If you have a lift, it'll be relatively easy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post

Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply.

The SpyderPops Bump Skid makes no difference as far as the install goes. Some remove it but it is not necessary.

Several people have commented and even documented their install experience here on Spyderlovers. The general consensus is that it isn't all that difficult. I do not now of a person who has not been able to install this sway bar.

I do not have a web site but I believe there are videos of this install floating around.

Added Note:
    On later SpyderPops installs there are 2 screws which connect the Bump-Skid to the frame below the Frunk. These must be removed but just these 2 bolts. The Bump Skid does not need to be removed. It will be obvious whether or not your Bump-Skid has these 2 bolts or not.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-05-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added Information....
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I figured I would help on the install.
    Here is a video I made on doing it

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-a-2010-12-RT

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I figured I would help on the install.
    Here is a video I made on doing it

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-a-2010-12-RT

Bob
    Just as a reminder, the Sway Bar install on the Pre-2013 Spyders is completely different from the 2013 and 2014 Spyders.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Just as a reminder, the Sway Bar install on the Pre-2013 Spyders is completely different from the 2013 and 2014 Spyders.
    If I had a 2013, I would do a video on that too! Maybe a local around me will ask for help and I can video that as well...
    Bummer on the 2013 is how high you have to have the bike to get the bar in and out of that channel. But it is what it is.

Somewhere on youtube I actually saw a video of it being done on a 2013 but it was not as detailed.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black