Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad day today

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sad day today

End of the riding season here.

Filled the tank, put fuel stabilizer in. Took it for one last burn. Washed and polished it for the last time this year. Took all my gear out of it.

Parked in the garage and covered for another winter until mid April.

Now that I can't ride means I get to spend more time on this website, jealous of you guys and gals that are still riding or can ride all year long.

It was a good season. Put 10 K on. Lots of commuting and day trips. Never got the chance to get away for an extended time. Will have to give some consideration to Spyderfest for 2014.

Anyways, I am back online everyday for a few months.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I couldn't even imagine having to store my Blue Recluse away for that long of a time: no less two days for that matter. Just got home from the movies (12:30 AM) and the ride home on my Spyder was just perfect with ambient temperature at 67 degrees. Tomorrow 88 degrees is predicted here in the Sonoran Desert. I'll be thinking of all you poor unfortunate souls having to hibernate your Spyders away for 6 months. Thank you Spyder God for moving me here to Arizona and blessing me with my 2013 RT-S!

Spyder Garage

Still not calling it quits here in Vancouver, B.C. Though our "Indian Summer" is slowing coming to its end...am still taking ever chance
    I get to ride when it is dry. Positive side of the cooler weather is ....no overheating issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Riding season may be over...
    That means that Farkling Season is about to begin!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am still riding here, but when the salt hits the roads I will be done for the season too. Doesn't look like I am gonna get to 15,000 miles this season.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer

I would go crazy if I couldn't ride my Spydee for that long. It's a crisp 39 degrees this morning in south Alabama, time to gather up my spyder riding friends and go out and be seen. Come on down here and ride year around with us, the Deep South Spyder Riders.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sprinkle of snow here this morning, but still have not put the Spyder away.Hoping to get one more ridg in before winterizing it! Guess I am just hoping there will be a nice warm spill before winter starts .
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Buy a big a$$ treadmill and put the Spyder on it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfuspyder View Post
    I would go crazy if I couldn't ride my Spydee for that long. It's a crisp 39 degrees this morning in south Alabama, time to gather up my spyder riding friends and go out and be seen. Come on down here and ride year around with us, the Deep South Spyder Riders.
    27 up here; still waiting for the 2014...

Spyder Garage

I ordered a Firstgear Thermo suit from Baja Ron this week . . . I plan on riding whenever the roads are dry and ice free, no matter the temps.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HOT gear for cold-weather riding...

Spyder Garage

Still riding in Northern Illinois. Should get out today for a nice fall ride. It will be about 50 - hopefully! I have ridden to work in 35 degree mornings. Not too bad. No heat issues!!!
    2013 ST Limited, SE5. Pearl White. BRP Backrest. No Mods!
    North East Illinois.

"Always in question, never in doubt".
    Blessings,
    Andrew

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SAD Day

Sad for you GLAD for me as so as as I get out of dam Hospital it is time to start riding in Texas. Hope they get my legs to stop spasms.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERFUZZ View Post
    Sad for you GLAD for me as so as as I get out of dam Hospital it is time to start riding in Texas. Hope they get my legs to stop spasms.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

End of the riding season--I don't think so, living in FL does have its advantages . Dale

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Was sitting in our living room this morning having my coffee and looking out the window and wondering where the summer went.Most of the leaves have turned colors and are falling off.Got a inch of snow two days ago and its twenty nine degrees out and the wind is blowing. Then all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a motorcycle coming down the road and I looked up just in time to see two guys on spyders go by. Could hardly believe what I had just seen. Then a few minutes later they went back by going the other direction. Thought to myself yeah there was a day when I might have done that too! But man they had to have been cold. Strange durning the summer I only seen a couple of spyders around here besides my own then on a twenty nine degree day see two.

Spyder Garage

Here, in Quebec City, we have today our first snow fall of the season. Only 2cm are in the forecast. We can still ride until december 15 where snow tire are mandatory on all vehicule. I have some ride to do thru this date, but we must have warm clothing. After this date, we have to wait at march 16 for riding.

TIGERDR
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Am Poogs View Post

Filled the tank, put fuel stabilizer in. Took it for one last burn. Washed and polished it for the last time this year. Took all my gear out of it.

Now that I can't ride means I get to spend more time on this website, jealous of you guys and gals that are still riding or can ride all year long.

It was a good season. Put 10 K on. Lots of commuting and day trips. Never got the chance to get away for an extended time. Will have to give some consideration to Spyderfest for 2014.

Sorry for for your loss I know how you feel. Living in Northern Indiana isn't easy either. Going try to ride as long as weather cooperates, but today really bites wombats!!!! 30+ mph winds

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERFUZZ View Post

Praying for you. I know exactly how you feel. You'll be riding again soon. Enjoying the open road and fresh air. Stay positive and never give up!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for your condolences. We are below zero every morning with thick frost. We have had our first snow fall already. I was able to ride in the afternoons. It was just time. As a side note for those of you with the SE5, I have two new filters, covers, and gaskets leftover from the summer. I have an SM5 so these are left over from the oil change kits. First one who sends me a private message wanting then can have them for nothing. I will cover the postage. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Spyder Garage

Default Someone..!!

should start a support group to help you all through the withdrawing pains. Sad to hear you one by one putting the roadster away for the winter..hope you all have a short and easy winter....!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Am Poogs View Post

Send it to us down here we will keep it warm for you,.....lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Here, in Quebec City, we have today our first snow fall of the season. Only 2cm are in the forecast. We can still ride until december 15 where snow tire are mandatory on all vehicule. I have some ride to do thru this date, but we must have warm clothing. After this date, we have to wait at march 16 for riding

TIGERDR
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could put snow tires in the Spyder. You wouldn't be the first to do it either.

you could
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Greetings from Alaska:

Akspyderlady and I are going for a ryde today. We have blue skies and sunny so far today. Temps are at freezing--frost on the grass and ice on the windows of the van.

Went back and looked up my annual stats. Compared to 2012, we got started a week early this year 4/20/13 and are now three weeks past when we parked them last year--10/5/12. So far, that is an extra month of riding. I did not get in as many miles as I would like--hip issues--but it has been a good ryding season.

I will continue to ryde daily until the snow covers my road. Looks like we still have a week or so reprieve.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that the weather hasn't forced you indoors just yet!