Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Geez, you don't think they got the name Totally Stupid Ales for nothing, did you? When I look at most of them, I wonder who they are going to protect? I'm going to shut up now before my blood pressure goes too high thinking about these rent-a-cops

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Just had to pass this on, if you have a similar situation please post it.

Kubaton = close quarters fighting stick, usually about 6 inches long.

My partner and I are flying to another state to pick up a prisoner (we are both Full Time Certified Police Officers) and bring him back to Arkansas to stand trial. We arrive at the aiport for our initial flight, we are both in full police uniforms, on our duty belt we have handcuffs, pepper spray, Glock 40 caliber sidearm etc. as we go through the TSA security, they check our police credientials and verify who we are and all seems well until ........ along comes a TSA Supervisor and he notices a Kubaton hanging from my duty belt with keys on it, the Supervisor informs me that it is against TSA regulations for anyone to carry a Kubotan on commercial aircraft. After 15 minutes of arguing with this fool, i decided to leave the kubaton at their security desk until i return the next day. i am carrying a semi automatic pistol, pepper spray, handcuffs etc, but it is against TSA regulations to carry a Kubaton. (Our Goverment at work). (this was several years ago)

Let me hear your TSA stories.

Cruzr Joe
    I fly most weeks. The full body scanners pick up my kidney transplant so I have to get the pat down about 70% of the time.

I get a kick out of the TSA 311 announcements at O'Hare. Every few minutes they announce what you can carry past the security check points. The funny part these announcements are made after you have gone PAST security

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by USAFE7RET View Post
    Geez, you don't think they got the name Totally Stupid Ales for nothing, did you? When I look at most of them, I wonder who they are going to protect? I'm going to shut up now before my blood pressure goes too high thinking about these rent-a-cops
    This is how I feel sometimes when I read these posts where people are stereotyped based on their job, and following the written instructions/rules that go along with that job.

Spyder Garage

flying these days is like getting on Greyhound with wings. It just isn't worth the hassle anymore.