Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sena 20S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Sena 20S

Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Saw that. I'll be ordering as soon as they have them to ship. Love my Sena headsets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I'm a big fan of my Sena setup, this looks pretty sharp-- like the built-in FM, and I'm hoping it can be *just* a little bit louder than the SMH10 I have now (which sounds great through my earplugs, but could stand to be that tiny bit louder).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    I'm a big fan of my Sena setup, this looks pretty sharp-- like the built-in FM, and I'm hoping it can be *just* a little bit louder than the SMH10 I have now (which sounds great through my earplugs, but could stand to be that tiny bit louder).
    The nice thing about these is you can use the speakers or earbuds at the same time. I like that.

Spyder Garage

Looks very nice
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The nice thing about these is you can use the speakers or earbuds at the same time. I like that.
    Yeah, I'm weird that way-- I've never found earbuds (or even custom-fitted earplugs) to be as comfortable for me as plain old roll-your-own foam plugs. The Sena speakers, especially after the latest firmware upgrades are just loud enough to cut through the foam plugs (and the plugs do great preventing wind noise but NOT preventing music/voice/traffic frequencies from cutting through), but again, just a wee bit louder and things would be absolutely perfect with them.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Looks like a great enhancement. I may have to order a set.

Spyder Garage

Glad I waited before buying the 10.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks interesting, but the camera looks even more so. I still dont know why these sports cameras dont have active image stabilization to help with the motor cycle vibration.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kepople View Post
    Looks interesting, but the camera looks even more so. I still dont know why these sports cameras dont have active image stabilization to help with the motor cycle vibration.
    It'll come to GoPro eventually I'm certain, but yeah, that's a shortfall of many "action cameras" out there. I find that when you helmet or chest mount a camera, image stabilization isn't really necessary, but it's pretty much impossible to get good footage mounting a GoPro to the Spyder itself, it vibrates the heck out of the image.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Virb Has Image Stabilization...

Quote Originally Posted by kepople View Post
    Wyliec posted the other day a link to a sweet video/image action camera (http://sites.garmin.com/virb/) that has built-in image stabilization. I was gonna go GoPro3 this Spring, but am gonna be looking into this thing much more indepth. Says it comes with plenty of mounts and the specs are sweet. Add in the image stabilization, small form factor, and the hi-res color screen (whiches uses sunlight to power the screen and keep it on full-time) and you have a viable alternative to the GoPro for just $299 (as priced from Garmin). Just my opinion, of course...

Spyder Garage

I noticed in the link to the "Sena Action Camera" preview:
    Sena is also working on a firmware update for the Action Camera that will allow it to communicate with other brands of intercoms but with a slightly smaller control capability.
    Interesting that they can do it to interface their camera with other intercoms, but they won't do it to let their intercom users interface with riders using other intercom vendors.

...Ben...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

virb elite looks pretty useful for motorcycles.
    The Sena Action cam will have the bonus of being able to control it from your SENA intercom. Very useful. Depends on how much the back for the GoPro is that does the same thing.
    Lots of options, but really need a decent, vibration free place on the spider to mount it... so far, I have not found one.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have them on the way

My order was in the day they gave us the info. on them
    Stay tuned... and remember I will not be under sold.
    Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Yeah, I'm weird that way-- I've never found earbuds (or even custom-fitted earplugs) to be as comfortable for me as plain old roll-your-own foam plugs. The Sena speakers, especially after the latest firmware upgrades are just loud enough to cut through the foam plugs (and the plugs do great preventing wind noise but NOT preventing music/voice/traffic frequencies from cutting through), but again, just a wee bit louder and things would be absolutely perfect with them.
    I am like you. I couldn't wear earbuds or earplugs They hurt my ears after a very short time. Someone recommended the S plugs. I've had them for a couple of years now and can ride all day with them with no ill effects. They come with a short 22" cord easy making it an set up to my Cardo Scala G4 that was modified to accept earbuds or regular speakers. I haven't used the speakers since I got the S4's. Very good sounds quality also. I highly recommend.
    http://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_ear...22-3.5-4.5.htm
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Specs on 20S

Features:

• Bluetooth 4.0
    • World’s first dual Bluetooth module communication system
    • Advanced audio management of intercom, phone, music and FM radio
    • Advanced wind noise cancellation
    • Versatile bike-to-bike conference intercom
    • Intercom working distance up to 2km (1.5 miles) in open terrain
    • Universal intercom - intercom with other brand headsets
    • Built-in FM radio tuner with station scan and save function
    • All-in-one helmet clamp kit
    • Crystal clear and natural sound quality
    • Quick Bluetooth Pairing
    • Intuitive voice prompts and commands
    • Water resistant for use in inclement weather
    • Optional handlebar remote control (sold separately)
    • Bluetooth protocol support: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP
    • Firmware upgradeable
    • Peace of mind - thanks to the two-year warranty
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Does anybody know if they will interface with the smh10?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been a big Sena fanboi for several years now. Their gear is always top of the line. The new headset looks super nice but I'm not into the antenna.

The best thing about Sena is that the firmware will be available to the existing headsets too....So no worries about missing out on new "functions" if you already own a Sena.
    I really like my smh10r and how streamline it is. Dont' think I will be upgrading for the new "jog dial". However, It Will be cool to get some of the new functionality this coming year!....especially the ability to pair to other brands of headsets...wonder how well that will work.

Spyder Garage

970676_640059512685613_1851209554_a.jpg
    http://www.uclear-digital.com/us/

Just sayin'

I do like that there seem to be new communications choices every year and they keep getting better.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    970676_640059512685613_1851209554_a.jpg
    http://www.uclear-digital.com/us/

Just sayin'

I do like that there seem to be new communications choices every year and they keep getting better.
    But do any of the uclear devices work with the BRP Bluetooth module on the bike which is made by Sena?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

New technology over the old can be amazing. This Sena 20 sounds, pardon the pun, like quite the set up.

For those with the old fashioned Sena 10 I saw this You Tube video of a guy installing cheap headphone speakers in place of the Sena speakers. I grant you those speakers in a modular helmet doesn't perform outstanding with the wind noise. Wonder how the new setup performs?

Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    But do any of the uclear devices work with the BRP Bluetooth module on the bike which is made by Sena?
    I haven't tried it, but I don't see why not. That's the whole reason to use bluetooth instead of something proprietary.

Not trying to hijack the thread, Sena's are all very well respected, high quality comm units and the new one sure packs the features in.

I just hate having a boom in my face.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    Interesting that they can do it to interface their camera with other intercoms, but they won't do it to let their intercom users interface with riders using other intercom vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Features:

• Universal intercom - intercom with other brand headsets
    Ooops..

I kind of missed that line in the specs... To me its THE feature of that new product. If they start outselling other vendors because of this feature, we may finally start seeing a lot more cross-compatibility soon.

...Ben...

Spyder Garage

Has there been any mention of when these would generally be available?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Has there been any mention of when these would generally be available?
    From the article posted:
    "The 20S will be available for ordering at the end of 2013 with pricing yet to be determined and shipping will begin at the start of 2014."