Spyder Garage

Cool dynojet PC-5 install

anyone have any tips or suggestions for a dynojet power commander 5 with auto tune? going to install this on my 2012 spyder RT SE5 , I have my cats removed and after market muffler -which requires me to get a fuel management controller. JB was ok for awhile but really didn't fit my needs .
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

I could not come across anyone to dyno a spyder, thats kinda what the auto tune is meant for. Works great!

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 5PYD3R View Post
    I could not come across anyone to dyno a spyder, thats kinda what the auto tune is meant for. Works great!
    power commander 5 with auto tune-dynojet brand ; sorry, I meant to say - I need help and have questions on the install. need to know if I need to use that o2 sensor that came with the auto tune for one? most likely will have the dealer install it.
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    power commander 5 with auto tune-dynojet brand ; sorry, I meant to say - I need help and have questions on the install. need to know if I need to use that o2 sensor that came with the auto tune for one? most likely will have the dealer install it.
    AFIK yes and you need 2 they are wideband O2s unlike the OEM
    . Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default follow the instructions..!!

to have it work properly you have to use their parts. Some have just added the sensor to the pipe. Does require welding on the threaded adapter. If your dealer is installing it they should know. If they have not done it before find someplace that has...goid luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default help

1,- yes you need to instal the sensor which comes with PCV and also retain factory sensor as is
    2,- if you follow instructions when hooking up with power/battery - it will constantly drain a power from your battery so i would suggest extra fuse box from Tricled.com as i have or possibly ad on in-line switch
    3,- i found manufacturer's - Dynojet help desk to be the best and they even set up my unit via net - these guys are hard core Pros

Ryde safe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    1,- yes you need to instal the sensor which comes with PCV and also retain factory sensor as is
    2,- if you follow instructions when hooking up with power/battery - it will constantly drain a power from your battery so i would suggest extra fuse box from Tricled.com as i have or possibly ad on in-line switch
    3,- i found manufacturer's - Dynojet help desk to be the best and they even set up my unit via net - these guys are hard core Pros

Ryde safe
    #3 good tip, always a good idea to check with the manufacturer for tech questions. I found the same to be true with Two Brothers Racing.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

I have my cats removed and after market muffler -which requires me to get a fuel management controller.
    Out of curiosity, what led you to this conclusion? Is your bike now running too lean?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Does require welding on the threaded adapter.
    Is this required for the PCV or the Auto Tune install? I was under the impression that both were just a bolt-on.

Spyder Garage

To the best of my knowledge, you will need to have a bung welded to the stock pipe to install the PC sensor...and you will have to retain the old one as well. If your dealer has never done one, you may have to hire out the welding/drilling of the pipe.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stewartj239 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what led you to this conclusion? Is your bike now running too lean?
    my spyder in the shop for a few weeks and when I checked on it, the tech told me / suggested I get a fuel management system. running lean enough to ''pop'' at dec.
    I will be calling dynojet in the morning and will post-whats up! after reading install- I believe that if using PC5 and auto tune in conjuction , you will not need to weld o2 sensor bung because the PC5 is already connected to both o2 sensors, and the auto tune should pick those up....I hope!
    Last edited by crazyspyder; 10-22-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

my spyder in the shop for a few weeks and when I checked on it, the tech told me / suggested I get a fuel management system. running lean enough to ''pop'' at dec.
    I will be calling dynojet in the morning and will post-whats up! after reading install- I believe that if using PC5 and auto tune in conjuction , you will not need to weld o2 sensor bung because the PC5 is already connected to both o2 sensors, and the auto tune should pick those up....I hope!
    Yes, please report back what you find out. I am very interested in both. If there was a map for the cat removal and Akrapovic, then I'd be set as I wouldn't need the Auto Tune. The only maps they have is a stock map and one for the Two Brothers silencer.

Spyder Garage

You will have to have another 02 welded into the pipe. Even when using them together. Not really a big deal, any muffler shop should be able to help you. My buddy is a welder and drilled and welded the new bung in no time flat. Might be different now but when I got my auto tune there were not bike specific directions that same with it. Can be a little overwhelming but all in all, not bad. You have to enable the auto tune in your PCV software also.

Spyder Garage

Yes, please report back what you find out. I am very interested in both. If there was a map for the cat removal and Akrapovic, then I'd be set as I wouldn't need the Auto Tune. The only maps they have is a stock map and one for the Two Brothers silencer.
    Even if they did have a map for your setup, I would still recommend the auto tune. The auto tune will "fine tune" the setup. I started with the recommended map on mine and the auto tune made some decent changes in the fuel map and got rid off ALL popping.

Spyder Garage

You will have to have another 02 welded into the pipe. Even when using them together.
    But is the welded O2 required for the PCV or the Auto Tune. If I just go with the PCV and get a map created, is the additional welding required?

Spyder Garage

But is the welded O2 required for the PCV or the Auto Tune. If I just go with the PCV and get a map created, is the additional welding required?
    No but maps are limited to very few,.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

If you just do the PCV you will not need to do any welding. Even with the added trouble (which isnt bad) the auto tune is well worth it!

Spyder Garage

If you just do the PCV you will not need to do any welding. Even with the added trouble (which isnt bad) the auto tune is well worth it!
    Which Auto Tune did you go with? I see that the AT-200 has a single O2 sensor while the AT-300 as two sensors - one for each cylinder.

Spyder Garage

Default PCV

Which Auto Tune did you go with? I see that the AT-200 has a single O2 sensor while the AT-300 as two sensors - one for each cylinder.
    I went with the single, the dual is for 'v' twins in specific - and that's what dynojets techie recommended to me. bad enough you have to weld 1 bung... don't want the hassle of another.I get mine FRIDAY..yeah!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

I went with the single, the dual is for 'v' twins in specific - and that's what dynojets techie recommended to me. bad enough you have to weld 1 bung... don't want the hassle of another.I get mine FRIDAY..yeah!
    The Rotax is a V-Twin. Did you meant 'Specific V-Twins' as in Harley models?

I would think an O2 sensor for each cylinder would be the best of all worlds as I've heard that some Spyders run lean on 1 cylinder and fine on the other.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The Rotax is a V-Twin. Did you meant 'Specific V-Twins' as in Harley models?

I would think an O2 sensor for each cylinder would be the best of all worlds as I've heard that some Spyders run lean on 1 cylinder and fine on the other.
    yes sir, their web site is kinda confusing on the issue so I called to clarify. ONLY for v -twin air cooled engines as in Harley motors.
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

I have not used A PC V but did plenty of tuning on Corvette ECMs. If the TB only has 1 injector then one O2 should suffice. If there are 2 injectors on the Rotax () I cannot see how you can get a good tune from one sensor. There are 2 O2's correct? If so they are measuring each cylinder. Each injector will need the BLM's adjusted for proper tune and I too have read some Spyders run one cylinder lean. Maybe someone with more Rotax engine knowledge can jump in here......

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Magdave; 10-24-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    I have not used A PC V but did plenty of tuning on Corvette ECMs. If the TB only has 1 injector then one O2 should suffice. If there are 2 injectors on the Rotax () I cannot see how you can get a good tune from one sensor. There are 2 O2's correct? If so they are measuring each cylinder. Each injector will need the BLM's adjusted for proper tune and I too have read some Spyders run one cylinder lean. Maybe someone with more Rotax engine knowledge can jump in here......
    On my 12' RS-Two injectors total (only one per cylinder). One o2 at where the "Y" pipe collects before the muffler.
    IMHO- to do it right with the auto tune, and if spending the money, the dual channel would be better.
    Single will work, but the dual is ideal. The cost difference is a minimal upgrade.

Now with that being said, I still tune old school with a base map, an AFR gauge and some ride time. Works for me.

All are going to get you close enough with little, if any issues.
    If these were race motors it would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    The RTs have two OEM O2 sensors, but the RS, at least through 2012, has only one.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!