Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid Helmet opinion

Just wanted to get some opinions/reviews on this particular helmet to find out if it is worth getting. Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I prefer either a modular, or fullface design...
    But
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

get one that fits right. st1 did not fit me right

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Helmets are very personal and we tend to favor particular brands over the years. Helmets should be tried on to make sure the fit is good--that is the only problem with mail order purchase of helmets.

The BRP helmets are good quality, but carry a premium price.

My personal favorite is the Nolan helmet. If you purchase the full face version, the chin part releases and opens up--making, putting the helmet on and taking off very easy. They also make a modular open face version with a removable chin bar. They come with openings to install communicators--but I don't recommend the Nolan communicators. I have mounted Sena to my Nolan helmets. Another feature is a drop down, interior sun shade.

I am sure others will chime in with additional information about brands, etc.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Not Big Enough

I could get a BRP Helmet big enough..... HJC Helmet was a fit and less $$....

http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/openfacecruiser
    Last edited by OWISE1; 10-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Spyder Garage

We have the ST-1s with both the vented and solid jaw pieces. We love them. They are lightweight and versatile.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a top quality helmet for sure. Can't beat the internal visor and removable front chin guard. Easy to wire up for bluetooth and utilize one single helmet for multiple season riding...
    It's made by Givi IIRC...

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

but do know you will get a lot of opinions on the helmets we use. We have HJC Modular that work great...here is what you do..go to the local bike shops and try the myrad of helmets available and find the one that you like. Then shop for it online and see if you can get a better deal. Check can am dealer and see if they have this helmet as well...you have to wear it and we don't want to steer you wrong..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

we use a pair of the GIVI-Version since 5 years - over 30.000 mls .. & I like the idea of summer/winter and use both very often on our tours here (its sometimes very cold here in the mountains) -so we would buy it once again ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

And when you try them on walk around in the store for a bit with it on. I've found that a quick check and ya it feels okay doesn't work to well in the long run. That said I do like my Bell Revolver, I've had it about 3 months now and have worn it exclusively since I got it. Linda and I cant wear the same brands due to head shape. She has a Vega Summit II that's up for replacement since her accident and she is still looking wants something with better peripheral vision. We are both glad she decided to wear the Vega that day instead of her 3/4 from looking at the scartches on the helmet she avoided some road rash on her face and based on the bruises she had the doctors said it was a very good thing she had her helmet on. I have a friend that wears Shoeii helmet exclusively because that is what fits him best. My other fried has a hard time with hot spots from most helmets either centered on his forehead or above his temples.

Take a look at webBikeWorld.com for their reviews and also a whole lot of info on fitting a helemt.

Ride and ride safe,
    Curt Givens KC8STE
    Dayton, OH - Home of Hamvention
    MOLON LABE
    2012 Viper Red RT-S
    Center tail/brake light
    Mud flap run/ts
    Fender bright sides
    LED Tip lights
    Rivco Flag holder on trunk
    BRP Hitch
    Piggybacker XL Trailer