Thread: muffler r77

Spyder Garage

Default muffler r77

i just put a yoshimura 77 muffler on my rt,and in another thred some one that had the r77 also puled out the baffel ,so id like to know if any body else did that and how loud it was,with the baffle in its a little too quiet.but i dont want it to turn on all my nebears car alarms.so how about it should i pull the bafflel or not./?//???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    i just put a yoshimura 77 muffler on my rt,and in another thred some one that had the r77 also puled out the baffel ,so id like to know if any body else did that and how loud it was,with the baffle in its a little too quiet.but i dont want it to turn on all my nebears car alarms.so how about it should i pull the bafflel or not./?//???
    pull the baffle, not that big of difference. still not a Harley rumble, but at this age, it will have to do. by the way, nice color choice, same as mine.

Spyder Garage

May I ask you a question? Why did you do that - replaced the stock item with a new one? Was it not functioning to your satisfaction, and if so, could you elaborate on what was that you did not like?
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do you really have to ask that? Exhaust systems are the number 1 modification performed on motorcycles of all types. People change them for sound and performance!
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Call me an Olphart ... (Go Ahead!) But I think that the majority are changed for no useful reason whatsoever...
    (Okay... Now go ahead! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Call me an Olphart ... (Go Ahead!) But I think that the majority are changed for no useful reason whatsoever...
    (Okay... Now go ahead! )
    I suspected that to be the case, but then again I'm not expreienced enough to comment on that.
    Last edited by Barlock; 10-13-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

need moore sound and yes i cahnge mufflers on every motorcycle ive owend and is 54 bikes,and i just bought a new dodge truck and alresdy had a glass pack put on it and only 250 miles i need to hear the rumble.and im still young 74 and love fast and fun cars and bikes.man im not dead yet lets have fun and the rumble of a good set of pipes and a cherry coke now thats living.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

try You Tube...they have a lot of exhausts with sound and I believe they had the 77 with and without baffles...great choice..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

need moore sound and yes i cahnge mufflers on every motorcycle ive owend and is 54 bikes,and i just bought a new dodge truck and alresdy had a glass pack put on it and only 250 miles i need to hear the rumble.and im still young 74 and love fast and fun cars and bikes.man im not dead yet lets have fun and the rumble of a good set of pipes and a cherry coke now thats living.
    Rumble, eh? That's what I thought. Oh well, thank you for your response, my friend.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A little rumble is okay; when the bike starts sounding like the engine is coming apart, and car alarms start going off around it...
    Example: My brother had a 1998 Kawi Vulcan 800. He put a DG drag pipe on it. I could her him grabmore throttle climbing the grade into the next Town: FOUR MILES away!!
    That's just loud, for the sake of loud...

Spyder Garage

Default Yoshimura R77 baffle removed....

I have had the baffle in and out of my R77 several times and finally trimmed the Insert to remove the long tapered baffle tube and simply use the outer ring part.

It is not quite as loud as fully removing the Insert but sounds a lot better than the full baffle tube. Using just the outer ring is similar to what Two Bros offers as their "P1 Tips" to reduce the noise level on their pipes.
    Last edited by cjackg; 10-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool

remove the baffle and take off that 200 pound catalytic converter , replace it with a 'Y' pipe ....then save you some mo money and get some seal floorboards. I also bought a 2013 dodge RT truck and the first thing -it drove straight to the muffler shop for some flowmasters 44's. every one has their own taste in sound, I happened to like alittle loud! peace...
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

im looking for the sound track that shows the difference baffle in and out any body know where it is,yes im looking on you tube,wow were having fun and thats what its all about.

Spyder Garage

(Okay... Now go ahead! )
    I agree...We all like to modify our rides but as far as bang for the buck muffler swaps don't really cut it on Spyders--just way too expensive for wishful performance gains and to make more (better?) noise. At least in the muscle car days you could buy a thrush glass pack for the price of a case of beer. Sad part is, that a lot of posts from those that swapped out show they are not fully pleased with the sound. I'm sure the extra 200 horsepower and 50 mpg more than makes up for that.
    2012 Spyder RT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I put the exact same Yoshi on mine and love the sound. Much better throaty sound than stock. Combined with the Kewl Metal Performance Air Filter and the removal of the air box and resonator will make that Yoshi have a nice growl. I know Jack pulled the baffle out and I heard it in Birmingham at a rally and it took the growl up a level. But it was nothing that would make your ears bleed. I would put it on and take a ride and have someone follow behind you and compare what you heard and decide if removing the baffle is good for you. You may like it just the way it is. Good choice again with the all stainless model.

Spyder Garage

Default OLPHART

So true, its all about the fun
    (Okay... Now go ahead! )
    Loving the RYDE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear the Tee-shirt proudly!

Spyder Garage

Cool pic of the card Jerry.
    Did you race back then?
    2011 RT LTD. Pearl White

Spyder Garage

yes i did race cross countery and lime ,and hound and hair and some desert cross all in my teen years i just a little crazy back then but a lot of fun.

Spyder Garage

Default Wrong sound

Eh Napper

I have a 2013 Rt, Ltd and have just had the exhaust off to wrap it and the cat removed and replaced with the bypass pipe. I had heat issues and thought these mods would solve some of the heat issues. I expected a bit more growl from the stock muffler after the wrap and cat bypass..... Wrong!! .... Now I have a tinny sounding muffler. Even the dealer said " I guess you will have to change mufflers to get rid of that sound."
    I am looking at the Yosh. 77 to get rid of that tinny sound. I thought of a Akrapovic Sport Touring Silencer but am thinking it may come up with the tinny sound as well. The Akrapovic is to costly to buy and experiment with. Pretty sure the Yosh 77 will not sound tinny. What I do not want is to have to look at a power commander or two brothers controller to get rid of the leaning out.

How have you found your mixture after installing the Yosh 77? Do you have popping or any signs of running lean? I have been riding since 1965 and like you like that growl in all of the bikes I have had.

Oh yea......... not sure if the heat issues are better. I rode home from the dealership in a snow storm, highways were covered in snow and had low vis. The ride was about 45 minute's of from me and lots of stares from cars going by the other way. I have to say the Spyder handles a lot better in the snow than my Vmax.

Like to hear from anyone who has been down this path.
    2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant, SpyderPops Bump Skid & Belt Guard, Bajarons Sway Bar & Heim Joints, BRP. Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Luggage Carrier, Cat By-Pass, Wrapped pipes, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake light & Dual Brightsides, F4 Customs Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy seat & back rest, Rivco Armrests, LED mirror lights, Lidlox Helmet locks, Elka Stage 2 Frt. Shocks., Clearwater "Darla" LED driving lights, Tricled LED headlights & fog lights, Tricled fender LED lights.

Spyder Garage

i only changed the pipe so i have no poping or any thing ,but i still got the baffel in runs grate and im very happy with the muffler.