Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
I thought I would take a look at my Honda "Y" pipe gaskets that I installed over three yrs ago, on my '08 GS manual. I've got to tell you, they looked as good as the day I installed them, except for the color. So if your thinking of doing the same, forget it, they're fine. It's too bad BRP didn't use these on their assembly line. Of course on reassembly, I did install new gaskets. I do have to admit, that I don't put the miles on, like alot of you members, but these only had approx. 12000 miles on them, which is more than the originals had, and they were completly gone.
The job took less than 1 1/2 hrs.That's from removing the panles and pipes, to installing the panles again. The hardest part for me is stretching the springs, holding the pipes together, but with a home-made hooked tool, I got past that.
For those wanting to change to the Honda gasket, the # is 18392-MAM-000 at your local Honda dealer. I purchased this set, when I purchased the first set, so don't ask me for a price, The mind is starting to slip
DSC06787.jpgDSC06791.jpgDSC06797.jpg
The Honda gaskets are much better. I changed mine on my old GS after 6000 miles. The engine stared to back fire and the right side was getting very hot! I bought Two new sets after another 11,000 miles but found out the old ones were as good as new. I now have two new sets but no GS.