Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have just posted my response Ref my BRP Experience which includes 3yrs of Spyder RT ownership here in the UK

Some bad points - (None Major) and Some very Good Positive comments

I hope others from outside the USA/Canada will also post feedback as Steve states in his opening post

We'd like to invite you to share your story as the owner of a Can-Am Spyder. Your feedback will help us identify key points of the global ownership experience as well as specific areas in which BRP excels at, in addition to helping us spot areas where we can improve our delivery

Thanks Steve for allowing us to have our say as well
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    You know...some of us have had more than a 2013...my 2009 was almost flawless...BRP heard both sides
    Same thing here, FB. This ain't my first rodeo. I have a 2010 RS. NEVER had a problem. My 2013, completely different story. Heat recall complete, things melted (only 3941 miles on bike). I'm still having heat issues. Yesterday the blinker stopped working. Will it never end??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi everyone,

Steve from BRP here.

In an effort to learn more about the ownership experience we’re delivering to our customers, we'd like to invite you to share your story as the owner of a Can-Am Spyder. Your feedback will help us identify key points of the global ownership experience as well as specific areas in which BRP excels at, in addition to helping us spot areas where we can improve our delivery. Before I get into more detail about what this is, here's what it isn't:

• A cut-and-dry marketing survey.
    • A contest.
    • An opportunity to reverse or complain about a decision previously rendered by BRP's customer service department.

Basically, we want to hear your story, from your point of view, about the reality you've lived as the owner of a Spyder Roadster. This can mean anything from your initial research, shopping, the test drive, your first time picking up the unit at the dealer, the overall customer service experience, to anything else you want us to know. We're looking for everything from any constructive criticism you might have, to some of the great times you've lived with your Spyder.

Simply click on the link below, or cut and paste the entire URL into your browser to access the submission:
    Of course, any information you provide is very important to us and will be kept strictly confidential. It won't ever be shared with anyone outside of BRP.

We'd love to hear your story.

If you have any questions or would prefer to share your story directly with us via email, please send me a private message right here on the forum and I'll send you instructions along with a BRP email address where you can send your info.

Thank you!
    Hi Steve.... I bought a used 2009 GS with 25,000 miles. I put a little over 15 miles on it when the oil pressure light came on and it went into limp mode. Upon tear-down it was discovered that the clutch was coming apart, and metal shavings carried throughout the motor by the oil, damaging the oil pump rotor, cam bearing and crank bearings. All the clutch parts, gaskets, seals, etc... and some bearings have been received from BRP, but apparently some parts are no longer available, and they say it is not known if or when they may again be stocked.
    What's up with that??? Five years old and parts are no longer available..!!!!
    it's been more than a month and I'm getting a little impatient... $10,000 seems a little expensive for just a few hours ride, plus the $4000 for repairs...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool BRP Survey Roadster.

Mine done happy with my roadster
    Mike

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mine sent

Sent my story in last night and was mostly very positive, but I did report a few problems mostly about dealers who are unresponsive to owners after the sale.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dkerr View Post
    Hi Steve.... I bought a used 2009 GS with 25,000 miles. I put a little over 15 miles on it when the oil pressure light came on and it went into limp mode. Upon tear-down it was discovered that the clutch was coming apart, and metal shavings carried throughout the motor by the oil, damaging the oil pump rotor, cam bearing and crank bearings. All the clutch parts, gaskets, seals, etc... and some bearings have been received from BRP, but apparently some parts are no longer available, and they say it is not known if or when they may again be stocked.
    it's been more than a month and I'm getting a little impatient... $10,000 seems a little expensive for just a few hours ride, plus the $4000 for repairs...
    I'd say the previous owner may have known there was an issue with that Spyder. It happens. You can't really blame BRP for the initial problem. Lack of parts availability, depending on the source, might be laid at BRP's door step. But there have been times when it was the dealership dragging their feet and falsely laying the blame on 'Back Ordered Parts'.

$4k does seem like a lot. How much would an engine swap cost? There are complete engines on eBay from $2,100 to $2,750. Might be a better way to go.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default engine

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I'd say the previous owner may have known there was an issue with that Spyder. It happens. You can't really blame BRP for the initial problem. Lack of parts availability, depending on the source, might be laid at BRP's door step. But there have been times when it was the dealership dragging their feet and falsely laying the blame on 'Back Ordered Parts'.

$4k does seem like a lot. How much would an engine swap cost? There are complete engines on eBay from $2,100 to $2,750. Might be a better way to go.
    i would think finding a engine would be the right way to go, i know here in the states the mfgs. have to have parts for 10 years for older cars but not sure what canada has to do.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Hey Steve have you read the posts about people who want to trade, even at a loss, their 2013's and the dealer has told them they won't take a trade in on them?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Thanks for comments

Love the idea of the engine swap...wish I'd known about it before I put it in the dealer's shop and they had it torn down. But I suppose even if I had found a good engine for say $2500, how much would it cost to ship it, then to install it... I suspect it might have come out to more than $4000.... IMHO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Hey Steve have you read the posts about people who want to trade, even at a loss, their 2013's and the dealer has told them they won't take a trade in on them?
    Dave
    I heard that yesterday; my guy has about six 2013s that the owners are looking to dump... He's not taking all of them in on trades; but isn't sure just how to perfrom the necessary "triage" of the bikes...
    Mine; being a 2010, didn't give him any issues. He was happy to get it; but the vinyl graphics may have to be scraped off of it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Absolutely Loving Mine!

I purchased my new 2012 RS last January. I have put 2,200 trouble free miles on it with no hot right foot and no hot running issues. I'm glad I have a 2012 with a manual clutch. I'm absolutely loving every minute of ownership and could not be happier!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Default steve m

as a rule i never lie, only if it is serious and i am protecting a family member from bad news, but when people ask me HOW DO YOU LIKE THE SPYDER i tend to lie and tell them i am still getting used to it and not the truth that i hate riding it. even yesterday in the cool weather the bike is running hot and my right foot burns. now i hate to beat a dead horsebut i really hate riding it and hope this tuesday the dealer can figure out what is wrong
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    as a rule i never lie, only if it is serious and i am protecting a family member from bad news, but when people ask me HOW DO YOU LIKE THE SPYDER i tend to lie and tell them i am still getting used to it and not the truth that i hate riding it. even yesterday in the cool weather the bike is running hot and my right foot burns. now i hate to beat a dead horsebut i really hate riding it and hope this tuesday the dealer can figure out what is wrong
    I know how you feel I just don't know what to say to that question any more. My mama always taught me if you have nothing good to say don't say anything and that keeps popping into my head at those moments.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Love the idea of the engine swap...wish I'd known about it before I put it in the dealer's shop and they had it torn down. But I suppose even if I had found a good engine for say $2500, how much would it cost to ship it, then to install it... I suspect it might have come out to more than $4000.... IMHO
    Shipping was included on the ones I saw. I suppose it's too late now though. You should have a great running machine for $4K!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You should have a great running machine for $4K!
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I know how you feel I just don't know what to say to that question any more. My mama always taught me if you have nothing good to say don't say anything and that keeps popping into my head at those moments.
    Probably exactly what Can-Am is hoping we will all do: accept the problems we are experiencing and not bash their product/name. I can only hope they will eventually make good on all this and come out with a real fix to these heat problems on the 2013 RT. But what incentive do they have to do this if we are all just going to throw in the towel by simply trading in our beautiful 2013's for a 2014 (while taking a big loss)?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for this opportunity to have a voice. I submitted my survey! By the way...I love the resources here and on GOS.
    Brenda
    2012 Pearl white Rt Limited
    Bajaron sway bar with links
    Squared away laser alignment
    Wedboards mini foot boards
    Tricled led front fender lights with tips and brake bar
    Rocky mountain sheepskin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did not read all of these posts. However there are hundreds of unhappy owners who have posted here over the last three or four years. BRP should have been reading these posts since Spyderlovers.com started and took whatever actions were necessary to insure there are lots of happy Spyder owners.

I had a throttle body go out. The dealer "ordered it" and said BRP backorder it. After six weeks, I called BRP and they had plenty of TBs, but NO order from my dealer. After a phone call to my dealer, it was ordered, installed and BR1 runs like a hose. Total dealer fault.

South Texas Suzuki of Lytle, TX is no longer in business.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FLAspydergirl View Post
    bad dealers are BAD dealers...
    de Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Thursday Oct. 3rd i went to a Can-Am Dealer in Vermont, ( Last year I bought a 2012 RT-S SE5) I only have 6,000 miles on my . The dealer said " they would gave me a trade-in Value of $15,000,00. Then they said " If i did a private sale they suggested try $ 17,000.00 to start with. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    My story is that although I'm not an official ambassador for BRP, I would bet money that all the times I've stopped and talked to people about this wonderful machine has led to sales of the same.

Chris
    I fit the same mold on that statement, i love my Spyder.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    I sure hope so!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Miss a day or two and miss a lot. Got mine submitted, thanks for taking the time to do this,
    Ride and ride safe,
    Curt
    Curt Givens KC8STE
    Dayton, OH - Home of Hamvention
    MOLON LABE
    2012 Viper Red RT-S
    Center tail/brake light
    Mud flap run/ts
    Fender bright sides
    LED Tip lights
    Rivco Flag holder on trunk
    BRP Hitch
    Piggybacker XL Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi everyone,

We've gotten some incredible, very useful feedback from you in a just a couple of days. We'll be going through all of these shortly - and they will all be read.

We have all the stories we need (and more!), but if anyone else wants to share we'll continue to accept submissions for a little while longer.

Due to the sheer volume of folks who've replied, I can't promise that everyone who agreed to be contacted by BRP will necessarily get a call-back, but we will definitely try to get back in touch with as many of you as possible. This should occur over the next few weeks.

Y'all are awesome.
    I wish I would have known sooner. I was out... RYDING... on my 2013! 9300 miles and still running like I stole it!
    I did send our story anyways.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Sent mine in today. Don't want to waste any more of my money on BRP.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic