Spyder Garage

Default a few things i just don't understand

prison guards have to show up at work with out pay
    but prisoners in jail are receiving pay
    our leader said the red skins should change their name
    but is doing nothing about the shut down
    funding has stopped for amber alerts
    and the costume that mylie cyrus wore on the awards show and it is the biggest pick for a Halloween costume this year

is it me
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    and the costume that mylie cyrus wore on the awards show and it is the biggest pick for a Halloween costume this year
    To explain the prison issue:

Federal Prison Employees on institutions, except administrative offices like in DC, regional or training sites, are "essential"; meaning that they have to report to work REGARDLESS of the situation (adverse weather, shutdowns, etc.). Same as air traffic controllers and pretty much any Federal LEO. HOWEVER... the reason inmates are still getting paid is because their pay is not coming out of a budget approved by congress like other agencies. These funds come from a "trust fund" which comes out of prison commisary sales, phone calls they make, etc. Besides, their pay is not much... the average paid inmate makes a month on what we could spend on a 2 person meal trip to Applebees (not including drinks).
    But here is a scenario... imagine if the shutdown affected their pay as well... Not a pretty site!

Prison Officers (please do not refer as guards... those works malls) will get paid... the question is when. Now... the "non-essential" Federal Employees have it made (again, depending how long this will last), they are going to get back pay for the days they have been furloghed. They get a free vacation!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default pay

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    To explain the prison issue:

Federal Prison Employees on institutions, except administrative offices like in DC, regional or training sites, are "essential"; meaning that they have to report to work REGARDLESS of the situation (adverse weather, shutdowns, etc.). Same as air traffic controllers and pretty much any Federal LEO. HOWEVER... the reason inmates are still getting paid is because their pay is not coming out of a budget approved by congress like other agencies. These funds come from a "trust fund" which comes out of prison commisary sales, phone calls they make, etc. Besides, their pay is not much... the average paid inmate makes a month on what we could spend on a 2 person meal trip to Applebees (not including drinks).
    But here is a scenario... imagine if the shutdown affected their pay as well... Not a pretty site!

Prison Officers (please do not refer as guards... those works malls) will get paid... the question is when. Now... the "non-essential" Federal Employees have it made (again, depending how long this will last), they are going to get back pay for the days they have been furloghed. They get a free vacation!
    back in 1971 my friend and i were accepted into the new york city dept. of corrections, at the same time local 3 the electrical union accepted me and i needed to make a choice. my father was a electrician and talked me into going into local 3 and my friend bob went into corrections. 5 years later he was laid off due to budget cuts and ended up moving down to florida and getting on corrections down there for half the money he was making here, so i think i made the right move. but it is unfair to do the job and have to wait for pay, how long can you tell the people you owe money to that as soon as i get it you will
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hype is what this shutdown confuse many people. National parks are close?
    If you pay to get in to any park then, this park should be able to be open.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post

is it me

Your just getting old, [Like me] You'll just get a headache thinking aboutallthatstuff.