Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Are You Tired Of...

...people who keep taking their to dealers who provide lousy service and then jump on Spyderlovers to complain about the service? A few of these folks may live in a part of the country where dealers are few and far between. But most of them live where there are numerous dealers within a 50-100 mile radius. Kinda remind me of a guy who keeps hitting his thumb with a hammer and blames the hammer.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    ...people who keep taking their to dealers who provide lousy service and then jump on Spyderlovers to complain about the service? A few of these folks may live in a part of the country where dealers are few and far between. But most of them live where there are numerous dealers within a 50-100 mile radius. Kinda remind me of a guy who keeps hitting his thumb with a hammer and blames the hammer.
    Most times I just ignore them and continue on my merry way. Some just like the whine and cheese party.

Spyder Garage

Have to agree and must say that my ignore list is increasing in size with those type of posters.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Stuck with mine through the recall . . . but the difficulty getting any info out of them . . . and even contacting someone who would discuss the Spyder with me (you will have to speak the Spyder Service Department - which turned out to be one guy who scheduled, fixed, billed . . . did all things Spyder) I am switching to a dealership in Windber PA which I have heard good things about, for future work. It is a two hour ryde . . . but, hey! That's a two hour ryde in each direction . . . isn't that a good thing?

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

We only have 2 dealers in our area.

Compared to what I hear on this forum, these are very very small dealers.

I haven't had the chance yet to see how good or bad service is yet, I'll know next Friday.

all I can say is that it must be nice to live near a mega dealer that takes care of its customers!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    We only have 2 dealers in our area.

I haven't had the chance yet to see how good or bad service is yet, I'll know next Friday.

all I can say is that it must be nice to live near a mega dealer that takes care of its customers!

It is!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default dealers

i only have 4 dealers around my area 2 are owned by the same person who admits he doesn't have a good spyder service dept yet, 1 that lost a honda dealership due to stuff i shouldn't mention so i stay away from him and my dealer, so out of all of them and not having to travel close to 100 miles for a good dealer and having to have someone to take me back home i stick with the dealer i bought the bike from.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

The hubby (Tobor 9) and I are fortunate that we have a dealership (Velocity Powersports) 30 mins from us that has a great spyder mechanic. People come from Georgetown, Beaufort, Savannah, etc. to Velocity. Only thing I don't like is the $95.00 an hour shop time!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

But it was the hammers fault
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's crazy...but I have 2 dealers within 15 minutes north and south ...5 more dealers within 60 miles...I have to go 300+ or 750 miles to get good service.....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is there anything that we could do as a group to let BRP know that getting properly trained personnel in the dealerships is a primary concern??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default good service

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Is there anything that we could do as a group to let BRP know that getting properly trained personnel in the dealerships is a primary concern??
    bob i guess the old saying goes here YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR if their not paying well a talented tech will not work for them
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bob...I don't know if its proper training, all though it would help...but there is one tech to do all the Can-am work and the other brands they carry....so you have to wait....then there are no parts in stock....the service guy is new every time you go in...they don't make appointments...just bring it in and in maybe 10+ days they can look at it..why not make appointments when you can look at the bike within 2 days....poor management....and they lie to you...treat us like we are stupid

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i only have 4 dealers around my area 2 are owned by the same person who admits he doesn't have a good spyder service dept yet, 1 that lost a honda dealership due to stuff i shouldn't mention so i stay away from him and my dealer, so out of all of them and not having to travel close to 100 miles for a good dealer and having to have someone to take me back home i stick with the dealer i bought the bike from.
    The last time I checked the BRP website, there were 9 dealers within 59 miles of Queens and 5 of them were Gold Certified dealers.

Four dealers are on Long Island, with two of them being a Gold Certified dealer (Crossbay Honda Suzuki and Island Powersports). Ever heard of the Long Island RR?? You can get back to NYC by taking it.

Another dealer is on Staten Island (Bay Harbor Motors); take the subway back home.

A Gold Dealer is in Stamford, CT (Stamford Motorsports). Metro North RR and the subway will get you home.

A Gold Dealer is in Belleville, NJ (Motorcycle Mall). Between bus and NJ Transit, you should be able to get to Penn Station and from there home.

You live in an area super rich in public transportation. You should be able to get back and forth from most of the 9 dealers which are within 59 miles of Queens using public transportation without having to rely on someone else to get you home.

Plus, there is a Platinum Dealer (GSS Powersports) in East Haven, CT, just 77 miles from Queens and a quick trip back on public transportation to Grand Central.
    Last edited by OldCowboy; 10-06-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Correction

Silver Shadow

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    It's crazy...but I have 2 dealers within 15 minutes north and south ...5 more dealers within 60 miles...I have to go 300+ or 750 miles to get good service.....
    Why don't you just take it to Pit Bull, in Springfield, MO? That's only 676 mi.

Silver Shadow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IT'S A TOUGH WORLD OUT THERE

We only have 2 dealers in our area. ...Yes I feel your pain only TWO dealers in your AREA ......Oh wait I only have THREE dealers in the ENTIRE STATE.................you'r breaking my Heart

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of us are lucky to be near a dealer and to our member that are too far from them we have to show how we care to each other by be around to be lean and shoulders to cry on.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

The last time I checked the BRP website, there were 9 dealers within 59 miles of Queens and 5 of them were Gold Certified dealers.

Four dealers are on Long Island, with two of them being a Gold Certified dealer (Crossbay Honda Suzuki and Island Powersports).
    My wife ordered the "mistress" from crossbay, great group. It is too bad they are better than 3 and a half hours from where I live. But "Klinger's" in Walton, NY has a great service department from what I hear. I am starting to warm up to Doug's Powersports in Cortland. Doug's son is their tech now and he seems to know his stuff. I have had some issues with Doug's, but it was more about billing than service. I am trying to build a relationship with them and will keep trying until they give me a good reason not to.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default dealers

Four dealers are on Long Island, with two of them being a Gold Certified dealer (Crossbay Honda Suzuki and Island Powersports). Ever heard of the Long Island RR?? You can get back to NYC by taking it.

Another dealer is on Staten Island (Bay Harbor Motors); take the subway back home.

A Gold Dealer is in Stamford, CT (Stamford Motorsports). Metro North RR and the subway will get you home.

A Gold Dealer is in Belleville, NJ (Motorcycle Mall). Between bus and NJ Transit, you should be able to get to Penn Station and from there home.

You live in an area super rich in public transportation. You should be able to get back and forth from most of the 9 dealers which are within 59 miles of Queens using public transportation without having to rely on someone else to get you home.

Plus, there is a Platinum Dealer (GSS Powersports) in East Haven, CT, just 77 miles from Queens and a quick trip back on public transportation to Grand Central.
    there are people that use crossbay on here that ask when i go because of their service dept. islans power sports is the one that told me he doesn't have a great service dept for can am, i never seen bay harbor, and i really don't want to go out of state for service. but thanks
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I personally think it is management more than the tech. We have one of the top techs in the eastern region "supposedly" working at one of our dealers, yet we still hear of issues, mainly "from what I believe" the management steps in and does cuts to save time and money and the tech is stuck in the middle of things?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

People who create their own drama ,
    Deserve their own karma...
    There ''Are'' other alternatives..

Just thinking out-loud...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    People who create their own drama ,
    Deserve their own karma...
    There ''Are'' other alternatives..

Just thinking out-loud...

You're talking about me aren't you?

LOL

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

You're talking about me aren't you?

LOL
    Na, Like i said ; Just thinking out-loud.... But should i have.?..