Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bob,

Does Kathy's transplant set off the scanner? The scanner picks mine up about 75% of the time so I get the quick pat down. I have had gold status (60+ flights/yr) on United for the past eight years. So I go through the TSA screening a LOT

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, it doesn't... She always walks through without incident, while i seem to attract running Agents who are in the process of unholstering their sidearms...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    You must love to eat duck and goose meat... How did you transport the 100 back home?
    we had our fill of it up there. (and yes, i do like duck) we donated the bulk of it to a church's soup kitchen that is run by a couple of the eskimo guides wifes and mother. they couldn't thank us enough!!!we were glad to have it go to a good cause!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    Bob,

Does Kathy's transplant set off the scanner? The scanner picks mine up about 75% of the time so I get the quick pat down. I have had gold status (60+ flights/yr) on United for the past eight years. So I go through the TSA screening a LOT
    60+ times a year? when do you ride the spyder?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chuck,
    You doing anything this Saturday?? The Missus and I are heading up to the dealers to finalize some stuff...
    Just in case you wanted to come along for the visit...

Spyder Garage

Thanks for bringing back all the nightmares I experience with flying and the TSA. They also seem to profile me every time I get on an airplane. I must look like Abuspyderman--wheelchair and all.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chuck,
    You doing anything this Saturday?? The Missus and I are heading up to the dealers to finalize some stuff...
    Just in case you wanted to come along for the visit...
    bob, you takin the spyder for a folliage ride? i'll run it by the wife. if she hasn't got anything planned we will join ya!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keep me posted!

Spyder Garage

I can tell you this.... NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER pack an all-in-one screwdriver in you briefcase.

I flew to New Mexico from Atlanta with no issues. When I flew back I forgot to put the screwdriver in my checked bags. I just threw it into my briefcase. I got to the scanner and when he ran my case thru he started calling all his buddies over to look. First thing I thought was "oh sh*t" what have I done. He asked me if I had a knife or anything sharp in it. Then he asked me if I would open it. Of course I said yes. I popped it open and pulled out the screwdriver. He let me see what he saw on the screen. Sure enough it looked like a dagger. The handle doesn't show up at all . Just the center part.. He said I would have to check it at the baggage desk. My plane was almost leaving so I told him to keep it. You would have thought I asked him to keep nuclear fuel rods. He informed me he couldn't take anything. I told him that I was going to throw it away and started to the trash can. Guess what? Another one of them came up and finally took it. I told him "Happy Birthday" and got on the plane.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

About the same thing happened to my Missus...
    She had this little (tiny!) pocketknife that her Dad had given her.
    And she forgot that it was in her pocketbook! When the Agent picked it up; she couldn't say anything... She told him to take it home and keep it for his kids...
    That was the ONLY time that she ever had a security issue at an airport. It was also my LAST time getting through the scanners without starting a TSA SquareDance...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    60+ times a year? when do you ride the spyder?
    Mainly on the weekends my wife works 10K a year for the past three years

The full body scanner picks up the small bulge on my right side where my new kidney is located. At first I thought the doc left some tools in me but the full body looks at shape not metal.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    TSA agents are some of the dumbest folks around ... but what do you expect for $8 an hour?

Doesn't that make you feel better boarding that multi million dollar jet and knowing they are your first line of defense??
    So, does that mean anyone that makes $8 is part of the dumbest folks around?

Back to the original post. I've traveled enough to know that the TSA agents use tape (swiping across items) which picks up gun powder residue. Other then holding you up, did they do something wrong? I realize the gun case was inspected previously; but, maybe those dumb agents on the other side of the border may have missed something.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Remember When

Remember when they gave you a pack of Winston's, matches, and adult beverage, with a smile and thank you for flying **** all before leaving the portable steps.

Spyder Garage

Default TSA took my wife

I was bringing my new bride to America for her first trip from Colombia S.A.. We were stopped at U.S. Customs and Immigration and two TSA agents take my wife away and I was told that I could not go with her. I asked where she was being taken and was told to leave the terminal, that I could not stay in the terminal. I explained that my wife did not have a cell phone and was not familiar with the U.S. and would not know how to find me. I was told to leave the terminal or the TSA would remove me. I left the terminal and waited by the terminal exit door for 9 hours before my wife appeared. I asked her why she was delayed and she said she was never told. Sort of reminds one of the SS in Germany.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Captain Fin,

I can definitely see being very upset with those agents and would want to know why they held her up. It almost sounds like a case of unlawful imprisonment.

Spyder Garage

Default I filed a complaint

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Captain Fin,

I can definitely see being very upset with those agents and would want to know why they held her up. It almost sounds like a case of unlawful imprisonment.
    I filed a complaint with TSA. The letter I got said that the computers in Washington D.C. we're
    Down and her identity needed to be verified. One would think that her identity had already been verified as she had a valid visa and valid passport. True story.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    So, does that mean anyone that makes $8 is part of the dumbest folks around?

Back to the original post. I've traveled enough to know that the TSA agents use tape (swiping across items) which picks up gun powder residue. Other then holding you up, did they do something wrong? I realize the gun case was inspected previously; but, maybe those dumb agents on the other side of the border may have missed something.
    I really don't mind the TSA Agents doing what they do; it might just stop a threat and save some lives!

But it can be frustrating when they seem to be picking on YOU!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    I filed a complaint with TSA. The letter I got said that the computers in Washington D.C. we're
    Down and her identity needed to be verified. One would think that her identity had already been verified as she had a valid visa and valid passport. True story.
    Those computers go down a lot. I've been stuck for a few hours in other countries because "the computers are down".

Having to be separated from your wife for 9 hours had to be nerve racking .