Spyder Garage

Default Wtf custom dynamics???

So I bought some 4.5 in handle bar risers on amazon.com thru Custom dynamics. This is what it states: Our new 4.5 inch (114mm) riser will fit all 2008-2013 Manual or Electric RS and RS-S Models. Fully adjustable forward or back for a more comfortable and enjoyable ride on your Spyder. These kits are made from die cast aluminum and contain all hardware for years of trouble free service. Kits comes in 4.5 inch height and allows for use of the existing stock cable, hoses, and wiring without any modifications. The 4.5 inch kit is only for Spyders who DO NOT have the 1 inch BRP factory riser kits. Fits: 2008-2013 RS, RS-S
    so I have a 2013 RS and figured these would fit perfectly!! Went to go get them installed today and the dealer said nope they don't fit 2013, only 2012 and prior....then why advertise they fit 2013?! Gahhaa I'm pissed. Now I have to go thru the hassle of tryin to figure out how to return these. So those of u that have the 2013 RS have u gotten different handle bars installed? If so which ones?! Thanks for letting me complain!
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho View Post
    So I bought some 4.5 in handle bar risers on amazon.com thru Custom dynamics. This is what it states: Our new 4.5 inch (114mm) riser will fit all 2008-2013 Manual or Electric RS and RS-S Models. Fully adjustable forward or back for a more comfortable and enjoyable ride on your Spyder. These kits are made from die cast aluminum and contain all hardware for years of trouble free service. Kits comes in 4.5 inch height and allows for use of the existing stock cable, hoses, and wiring without any modifications. The 4.5 inch kit is only for Spyders who DO NOT have the 1 inch BRP factory riser kits. Fits: 2008-2013 RS, RS-S
    so I have a 2013 RS and figured these would fit perfectly!! Went to go get them installed today and the dealer said nope they don't fit 2013, only 2012 and prior....then why advertise they fit 2013?! Gahhaa I'm pissed. Now I have to go thru the hassle of tryin to figure out how to return these. So those of u that have the 2013 RS have u gotten different handle bars installed? If so which ones?! Thanks for letting me complain!
    The 2013 bars are all the same from RS to RT to ST so if you want a more comfortable riding position you just order the ST bars and plastic covers that go on the under side and install them.
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Spyder Garage

Default Our pleasure..!!

I mean letting you vent a bit. Bummer had the same thing happen with several mods. They don't seem to have time to check and assume a bit to much..good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

2013 bars on the RSS and RS are completely different then a 12

Spyder Garage

I bought the Kaoko throttle assist and had the same issue. I don't think they do any research before they produce thier catalog. On the bright side the return process is pretty simple and fast.