Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default ordered one

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Now that you have a case number you should send these pictures to customer service. Also, if there is anyone else with a 2013 who also has one of these thermometers maybe they could gather data also. The more info we send to BRP the more likely they will be to get to the bottom of the problem.
    after reading this past i ordered one on amazon, not too expensive and i am wondering what the temp is coming out of the right side vents when the fan goes on.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    after reading this past i ordered one on amazon, not too expensive and i am wondering what the temp is coming out of the right side vents when the fan goes on.
    The air coming from there is suppose to be hot and I can deal with that but when you get your temp gun start checking places that shouldn't be hot... like the gas cap! Maybe this is all ok but coming from a service background I can't believe the tank and cap should be getting that hot, it can't be good.

Spyder Garage

The IR point and shoot thermometers likely wont read the air temp at the opening. They depend on the ir output from solid objects for their readings. You will likely get a reading from the surrounding body parts which may or may not be close to the air temp coming out the opening.

Ride and ride safe,
    Curt Givens KC8STE
    Dayton, OH - Home of Hamvention
    MOLON LABE
    2012 Viper Red RT-S
    Center tail/brake light
    Mud flap run/ts
    Fender bright sides
    LED Tip lights
    Rivco Flag holder on trunk
    BRP Hitch
    Piggybacker XL Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    Mine read 155 deg at the hole.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Mine read 155 deg at the hole.
    Define hole?? With cap removed? I point my at the flat edge of the cap from about 2 1/2 feet away which will encompass about a 5 inch circle and that will fit the cap and the surrounding plastic. Sounds like your just a tad hotter than mine. I hope a few more chime in with temps from their bikes. Mine goes in next Saturday for the "sticky" shift switch and the oil leak from the pressure switch, oh and the heat issue and burning plastic smell!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    Define hole?? With cap removed? I point my at the flat edge of the cap from about 2 1/2 feet away which will encompass about a 5 inch circle and that will fit the cap and the surrounding plastic. Sounds like your just a tad hotter than mine. I hope a few more chime in with temps from their bikes. Mine goes in next Saturday for the "sticky" shift switch and the oil leak from the pressure switch, oh and the heat issue and burning plastic smell!!
    Check the whole thread and you can see my temp readings

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...sulation/page3
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment