Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone wondered if? Just putting it out there

Does anyone know if BRP is using this site to black ball anyone that mentions anything negative? I usually wouldn't think this way but you never know. Could they use it to deny repairs? Why would dealer need to call in order to get pre-clearance on what should be a warranty repair. Why even give a warranty if you might not cover a particular repair. How is this supposed to instill confidence?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They might take notice of what folks say...
    But they still have to abide by the contract.
    I doubt that there could be any retribution...
    Knowing that this forum would only give aggrieved parties a place to gripe; what would they gain from it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default warranty repairs

I have not had any problems with what little work has been done to my 2012 RTS but I think it is normal for all companies to authorize warranty repairs. My 2012 Jeep JK-8 is in the shop now for a known issue with TSB's issued for the problem but the dealer had to get the O.K. to fix it as per the manufacturers TSB they want to get paid for the work they do, its a pain to the consumer but I have found patience is a virtue.
    Blue 2012 RT S-SE5

Spyder Garage

Default brp

i am some what of a devious person and i think you might be right, but if they were really doing it than my bike would blow up with me on it for the e mails i have sent them and what i have said on here, HEY!!!! come to think of it this might be the reason i didn't get the parts for my heat fix yet lol
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    Have you noticed any yellow & black helicopters circling your neighborhood?

Spyder Garage

they are coming to take you away! oh oh

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    No matter what I type, and this is my sixth try, it seems that it comes out sounding mean.
    I have to agree with you---that all sounded a little spooky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i am some what of a devious person and i think you might be right, but if they were really doing it than my bike would blow up with me on it for the e mails i have sent them and what i have said on here, HEY!!!! come to think of it this might be the reason i didn't get the parts for my heat fix yet lol
    You're to much! I guess I'm not alone.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Remember- just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean everybody is not out to get you.

Spyder Garage

Yes, you and cuznjohn have made the BRP, Santa Claus Black List. Typically the tell is when you get bad service and you have to wait for parts. Oh yeah, and your Spyder throws codes and your right foot feels like it's burning. Does any of that sound familiar? Also, if BRP has lied to you more than once, then you've made it to the SuperDuper, BRP, Santa Claus Black List and it's time to sell your Spyder because it will never be serviced properly. Just sayin'.....
    Last edited by wyliec; 10-03-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wylie,
    you forgot to mention that the dealer will NEVER know what you're talking about when you come in saying, "Hey, I just heard on Spyderlovers that..."

Spyder Garage

NaaaH!! Just make sure you have your tin foil hat on while typing
    Seriously, there have been some egregious statements made by some with warranty work still done in the end--I wouldn't worry about it. Also, by law, it's difficult for a manufacturer to deny warranty claims unless they can specifically tie the modification into the failure.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    No matter what I type, and this is my sixth try, it seems that it comes out sounding mean.
    Once again, Roger, thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    NaaaH!! Just make sure you have your tin foil hat on while typing
    Seriously, there have been some egregious statements made by some with warranty work still done in the end--I wouldn't worry about it. Also, by law, it's difficult for a manufacturer to deny warranty claims unless they can specifically tie the modification into the failure.

Bingo!!!!!!!

Chris

Spyder Garage

I don't think that statements made on SL are going to be used against us at the dealer level concerning warranty repairs or things like that. There are to many of us for them to keep track of everyone and then retaliate when the time is right.

HOWEVER, I have the distinct feeling that I will never be asked to participate in national events, pre-testing, or ambassador work--even though I have owned four 's and have over 90,000 miles of driving them. I have praised the product, but have also not been afraid to speak up when I did not feel right about something.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sometimes.....

Common sense is like deodorant..
    The people who need it the most..
    Never use it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Does anyone know if BRP is using this site to black ball anyone that mentions anything negative? I usually wouldn't think this way but you never know. Could they use it to deny repairs? Why would dealer need to call in order to get pre-clearance on what should be a warranty repair. Why even give a warranty if you might not cover a particular repair. How is this supposed to instill confidence?

One, everybody loves Snoopy!

Two, I think every manufacturer in the world requires authorization of it's dealers for major repairs.

Spyder Garage

"Does anyone know if BRP is using this site to black ball anyone that mentions anything negative? I usually wouldn't think this way but you never know. Could they use it to deny repairs? How would anyone know if they did . . . they probably could but why would they?; "Why would dealer need to call in order to get pre-clearance on what should be a warranty repair. Why even give a warranty if you might not cover a particular repair?" Because the warranty is from BRP, not the dealer . . . and for all the dealer knows, you have come in and had a new expensive part installed at eleven other dealerships in the last two weeks and are selling barely used parts on eBay, cheap. I just don't understand your logic . . . what makes you think they would deny a valid warranty repair? Try getting a warranty repair done at any major car manufacturer dealership . . . they will be calling the manufacturer for permission.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default alike

You're to much! I guess I'm not alone.
    we are from ny so we think alike i feel bad for you if you think like me
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No BRP just goes to the NSA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    "Does anyone know if BRP is using this site to black ball anyone that mentions anything negative? I usually wouldn't think this way but you never know. Could they use it to deny repairs? How would anyone know if they did . . . they probably could but why would they?; "Why would dealer need to call in order to get pre-clearance on what should be a warranty repair. Why even give a warranty if you might not cover a particular repair?" Because the warranty is from BRP, not the dealer . . . and for all the dealer knows, you have come in and had a new expensive part installed at eleven other dealerships in the last two weeks and are selling barely used parts on eBay, cheap. I just don't understand your logic . . . what makes you think they would deny a valid warranty repair? Try getting a warranty repair done at any major car manufacturer dealership . . . they will be calling the manufacturer for permission.

I think? what he may be saying is...let's say you post on the forums that you put a cat bypass in, then a week later you burn a valve, so then you put your cat back on and take it in for warranty work. The dealer says sorry, but BRP has proof that you put a cat bypass on your bike and it was probably the cause for your defect and they deny coverage.

Just an example, but what if?

This is discussed on every performance car and truck site out there as well.

hence Snoopy.

Pick another character.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silvervette05 View Post
    No BRP just goes to the NSA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    we are from ny so we think alike i feel bad for you if you think like me

John, us Long island NY'ers are a special breed...
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default breed

i have a few people i know that say i am a special person. never sure what the mean
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I work at an auto dealership,and the manager had the manufacturer deny a warranty claim on a car that was under warranty...He was on a forum and had videos of him racing at the track..He was wanting us to warranty his transmission that went out...The thing is,if he would have come in and been reasonable from the start,nobody would have said anything..But,he came in demanding and got into it with the manager...The manager went to the forum,found him and printed it out...The difference here is,everybody here maintains their machine and doesn't abuse it..If you do abuse,don't brag about it here!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I work at an auto dealership,and the manager had the manufacturer deny a warranty claim on a car that was under warranty...He was on a forum and had videos of him racing at the track..He was wanting us to warranty his transmission that went out...The thing is,if he would have come in and been reasonable from the start,nobody would have said anything..But,he came in demanding and got into it with the manager...The manager went to the forum,found him and printed it out...The difference here is,everybody here maintains their machine and doesn't abuse it..If you do abuse,don't brag about it here!
    No abuse going on here! Just normal driving with my wife. I don't have a trailer and I don't overload the bike. Oh! No video of me at the track.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky