Spyder Garage

Default Question for Lamontster on 2013 belt tension

Just what is it supposed to be? I have 1 tech tell me 500n +-150 and another saying 800n +-150 and then there is BRP 2013-6 bulletin ( Green Manual) saying 1050n +-150. I am going to the dealer tomorrow and want it to be right. Now it is ~500n right now and I do have some belt slap vibration at ~60mph. Does the 2013 have the same belt as the 14 will have? Thanks a bunch
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went back to my dealer after returning from our trip in the mountains and asked if they would check the tension due to vibration going up hills. The tension was set to 840n and the tech adjusted it to 1040n. The latest spec from BRP is 1050n +-150.
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Spyder Garage

Drive Belt Tension
    (parts at room temperature and Rear of vehicle Lifted)
    2013 1050 N ± 150 N
    NOTICE It is imperative that this new tension is applied only to model year 2013. Applying this new tension on previous model years (2008-2012) could cause serious damages to drive system or engine. See below table for 2008-2012 belt tension details.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The tech at my dealer showed me their sonic meter with the sticker BRP sent them with strict instructions to put it on the meter. The sticker clearly stated MY 2012 and earlier - 450 N plus/minus 150. MY 2013 and later 1050 N plus/minus 150.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”