Thread: Flamingobabe

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Flamingobabe

If I remember correctly you were going to pick up your roadster yesterday from the dealer and I was just wondering if they were able to correct any of the issues you had it in the shop for?
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange monster View Post
    If I remember correctly you were going to pick up your roadster yesterday from the dealer and I was just wondering if they were able to correct any of the issues you had it in the shop for?
    I did read on FB where she picked it up and had a good 400 mile trip home. But there was no immediate elaboration on the plethora of problems she was having. Except she did make mention of bad exhaust gaskets that might be a reason for the mucho heat problems with some of the 2013 Roadsters.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    ...she did make mention of bad exhaust gaskets that might be a reason for the mucho heat problems with some of the 2013 Roadsters.

Carl
    Ya think?!?

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I picked my Spyder up on Monday....boy was it a GREAT ride home....took I-30 East to Hwy 19 South to Hwy 190 East to I-59 south...Louis Powersports did me well...I appreciate their time and work ...especially the tech Waco who found an exhaust leak....seems the gasket burned down to the copper...is it a faulty gasket....poor production of gaskets or too much heat from exhaust...the repaired exhaust leak reduced the amount of heat as I rode home in 86 - 95 degrees ......gasket 1 resize.jpghope everyone has their exhaust checked for faulty gasket......after a couple hundred miles...idle is 1000-2000rpm's...either wants to stall or surge forward...thanks for asking

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    Ya think?!?
    Just posting what she reported in her FB post. Draw your own conclusions there OldCowboy.

Carl

Spyder Garage

WWWWWWHHHHAAATTTT? You came within 20 miles of Tyler and didn't come over or call or txt or.....

I know you were itchin to get home I would have been....

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    WWWWWWHHHHAAATTTT? You came within 20 miles of Tyler and didn't come over or call or txt or.....

I know you were itchin to get home I would have been....

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD
    Tell you what Phil...I was having the time of my life...shifting between 7000-8000...maybe more...but we came to a 4-way stop.. Tyler....it had an arrow pointing east ,,,I thought of you but I was on a mission...now that I have the bike back home maybe it's time to plan a Saturday or sunday ride to meet-in-the-middle

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Tell you what Phil...I was having the time of my life...shifting between 7000-8000...maybe more...but we came to a 4-way stop.. Tyler....it had an arrow pointing east ,,,I thought of you but I was on a mission...now that I have the bike back home maybe it's time to plan a Saturday or sunday ride to meet-in-the-middle
    DEAL!!!

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah..!!

I switched to the honda gaskets are much better. I do not have the heat nor were my gaskets gone but did not want them to go while driving around. Ours is an RS and not sure the ST has the same gasket. If it does I would recommend using them..but so glad she's back on the road...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a Goldwing 1800 gasket in the shop... I used them on the RS, and I used to have an 1800... Hey... I NEVER throw anything away.... doesn't mean I can find it when I need it....... I will check the sizing....... but it looks to be a different size.... I do know where the gasket is...

Spyder Garage

Louis Powersports did me well...I appreciate their time and work ...especially the tech Waco

Louis Powersports and Waco are the best. I bought my RT from them and have had all my service work done there.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Louis powersports

I live in calif. and have found the best pricing to be at greenville,Tx. @ louis prowersport. i have even looked at air fare and rental car. I would like to say that is the Best spyder forum I've found with the best info and kindness to newbees. thanks Ruth

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotglue View Post
    I have a Goldwing 1800 gasket in the shop... I used them on the RS, and I used to have an 1800... Hey... I NEVER throw anything away.... doesn't mean I can find it when I need it....... I will check the sizing....... but it looks to be a different size.... I do know where the gasket is...
    For the RS the Honda part number is 18392-mam-000 Don't know about ST
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Honda gaskets won't fit on the exhause systems for the 991 series engines...
    Char,
    Glad to hear that you got your hair back out in the wind!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I picked my Spyder up on Monday....boy was it a GREAT ride home....took I-30 East to Hwy 19 South to Hwy 190 East to I-59 south...Louis Powersports did me well...I appreciate their time and work ...especially the tech Waco who found an exhaust leak....seems the gasket burned down to the copper...is it a faulty gasket....poor production of gaskets or too much heat from exhaust...the repaired exhaust leak reduced the amount of heat as I rode home in 86 - 95 degrees ......gasket 1 resize.jpghope everyone has their exhaust checked for faulty gasket......after a couple hundred miles...idle is 1000-2000rpm's...either wants to stall or surge forward...thanks for asking
    So FB, did they replace the gasket with OEM or with the Honda GW replacement as originaly asked?
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

The gasket was replaced with OEM....Mark is going to check if the Goldwing gasket is the same size.....but the heat is better.....

Spyder Garage

...but the heat is better.....
    Do you say that because it is getting cooler now? Or do you really mean that there is less heat coming from your ST-L now?

Carl