Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Help: I'm looking for this RAM Handlebar Mount.

I'm looking for "easy" way's to mount accessories without drilling. I sure would love to find out what I can purchase the RAM HandleBar mount in this picture that I am attaching. It seems pretty cool in the fact that it has one RAM ball on each side. (The mount I'm referring to is the one in the picture near the throttle and has the LED light attached to it). I have an RT-S and have already installed a RAM mount by removing one of the screws in the middle of the handlebar for a RAM X-Grip for my Samsung Note 2. Love it so far.

Anybody know where I can purchase one. I've searched everywhere.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

RAM mounts are available from a variety of dealers. I like GPSCity.com, but there are others...including directly from RAMmount.com.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZLife View Post
    I'm looking for "easy" way's to mount accessories without drilling. I sure would love to find out what I can purchase the RAM HandleBar mount in this picture that I am attaching. It seems pretty cool in the fact that it has one RAM ball on each side. (The mount I'm referring to is the one in the picture near the throttle and has the LED light attached to it). I have an RT-S and have already installed a RAM mount by removing one of the screws in the middle of the handlebar for a RAM X-Grip for my Samsung Note 2. Love it so far.

Anybody know where I can purchase one. I've searched everywhere.

Thanks.
    Yep... that's my RT in the picture, and the mount was made from the handlebar clamps that Butler (sponsor) uses for their mug/drink holder. Works great!

http://www.glassact.com/gallery7.htm
    Last edited by cjackg; 09-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Awesome, cjackg! My hero! Thank you so much for supplying the link. I've been looking everywhere and had just about given up. I'm so glad I decided to join this forum and ask for assistance. How funny is that, getting a reply from the owner of the Spyder who's picture I look at every day wishing some of their mods could be mine. You have a sweet looking Spyder I must say. Very nice. Now if you don't mind this newbie asking you a few more questions about your mods.

1. I too have the x-grip for my cell. But what mount/bracket are you using that attaches to the Spyder, and also then gives you two places to mount the cell and the GPS?
    2. Do you have any additional gauges installed to replace the stock ones that came on the RT-S. I would love to get the gas gauge showing in the digital display but found out that I have to disconnect the separate analog gas gauge to get it. Did you do the same?

Well, thanks so much for your reply! Made my day. I will put an order in for the Butler mod. Do you like it? Any feedback on it?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Disregard my previous questions, Jack. I just saw the link at the bottom of your last reply with all your mods. I will study that tonight. No time now, need to get out on the Spyder. 84 degrees and a beautiful day here in Phoenix, AZ! Cheers and thanks again!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Jack, I viewed the Butler mounts. I'm getting ready to order one, but first could you please possibly tell me what additional parts you used with your mod (and where you got them) to convert the Butler Handlebar mount with the RAM mount balls that you?

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Jack, I viewed the Butler mounts. I'm getting ready to order one, but first could you please possibly tell me what additional parts you used with your mod (and where you got them) to convert the Butler Handlebar mount with the RAM mount balls that you?

Thanks.
    I always buy the RAM parts from GPScity.com and the small bolt extenders I used came from HomeDepot... Did you find out if Butler will sell just the base instead of the full Mug system? I bought the base from them at a show....

Dual-Ram-balls.jpg Ram3.jpg
    Last edited by cjackg; 09-30-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I always buy the RAM parts from GPScity.com and the small bolt extenders I used came from HomeDepot... Did you find out if Butler will sell just the base instead of the full Mug system? I bought the base from them at a show....

Dual-Ram-balls.jpg Ram3.jpg
    Thanks, Jack. I left an email with Butler to find out. If they won't sell just the bracket, I'll probably buy the entire kit. Might be nice having a 34 ounce mug within reach. So many RAM parts listed on GPScity. Not really knowing what exactly I need to duplicate your setup, would you happen to remember or would be willing to look up the exact parts you used. Hard to tell by the picture as I'm not sure what pieces are part of the Butler and what was your mod. Hopefully I'm not asking too much of you, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could. I'm also working on a lead for buying just a bolt that replaces one of the ones in the Spyder handlebar base that would have a RAM ball attached to the end of it (wouldn't have to use a RAM base). That could come in handy to replace one of the upper bolts.

Peter

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure this is the ball mount that Jack used.

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Ball-4-2...rds=RAM+mounts

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Pretty sure this is the ball mount that Jack used.

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Ball-4-2...rds=RAM+mounts

Carl
    Yep... Thats it... they screw right into the HD bolt extenders...
    Thanks Carl!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Carl and Jack. Now to get my order in for a Butler and order a few of these ball mounts. Hoping once I get the Butler I'll better understand the bolt extender piece that I need to pick up at Home Depot. I'll update this thread with a photo once I get all the pieces. Thanks again for your patience.

Peter

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Incidentally, Glass Act (www.glassact.com) will sell just the Butler Can-Am Spyder Handlebar Mounting bracket without the cup, etc. It is not listed on their website, but you can call to place an order. Good to know in case you ever want a Butler on each side of your handlebars but don't need to buy a second full set.

Spyder Garage

Incidentally, Glass Act (www.glassact.com) will sell just the Butler Can-Am Spyder Handlebar Mounting bracket without the cup, etc. It is not listed on their website, but you can call to place an order. Good to know in case you ever want a Butler on each side of your handlebars but don't need to buy a second full set.
    What was the price of just the mounting bracket?

TIA,

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Somewhat $pricey$, but that Butler handlebar bracket looks better than any I have seen. $53.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

FYI, I also found out that Seminole PowerSports will sell a handlebar bolt replacement (with RAM Ball on the end of it) for $50. This is very expensive, but a good option if you DON'T want something like this (http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-sma...am-b-252u.html)

Here is the URL that shows the $50 bolt along with a cup holder, but as I mentioned, they will sell just the bolt for $50 if you really wanted it.
    http://www.hotspyderaccessories.com/...der-ram-mount/
    Attached Images Attached Images