Spyder Garage

Default Play em or Fold em

Waiting on a call back from the dealer. He's finally got some numbers for me on the White 2014 RT SE5.

See if I get a good deal for trade in of my 2013 RT and a price break. It will either be Play em or Fold em and wait a couple of years.

I'll pass on the info when I get it.

Spyder Garage

Default Still Holding

Sounds like this dealer is sticking with the MSRP on the 2014's
    Quoted at $ 24,499.00 on the base RT SE5. Still nothing on the trade in at this time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexAmRider View Post
    Quoted at $ 24,499.00 on the base RT SE5. Still nothing on the trade in at this time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

This is to be expected on a new model in the fall. Next summer they'll 5K off....

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    This is to be expected on a new model in the fall. Next summer they'll 5K off....
    As much as I want to be a "loyal customer" and keep BRP in business making Spyders, I doubt I'll ever pay full MSRP for a new Spyder when I know they will come down thousands in price each year.

I'm perfectly content getting a clearance model at the end of the year, with the lower price and incentives that come with it. There aren't enough desirable features that sell out immediately to warrant jumping in early, IMO (color choice is all there is, and even that doesn't seem to be all that limiting judging by the inventories available at this time of the year).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Midwestsportscenter.com. Call and ask for Josh. He will deal. Might be worth flying out to pickup and ride back 😊

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    As much as I want to be a "loyal customer" and keep BRP in business making Spyders, I doubt I'll ever pay full MSRP for a new Spyder when I know they will come down thousands in price each year.

I'm perfectly content getting a clearance model at the end of the year, with the lower price and incentives that come with it. There aren't enough desirable features that sell out immediately to warrant jumping in early, IMO (color choice is all there is, and even that doesn't seem to be all that limiting judging by the inventories available at this time of the year).
    Yeah doesn't make sense to pay full. There are 2013's out there new at the dealerships for $8,000 off the MSRP.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Default Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Yeah doesn't make sense to pay full. There are 2013's out there new at the dealerships for $8,000 off the MSRP.
    Haven't heard anything on trade in value yet.

I agree, I am probably going to wait til mid to late summer 2014, and see what happens with pricing. deadburn it.

I'm going to enjoy my 2013 as long as I can hold out.

Spyder Garage

Default Trading soon...

My dealer offered me 21k trade-in on my 13 RT-S for the 14 RT-S. That's a 6k loss for me. Actually thought he would have been less. I've had the recall completed. Have not had severe heat but in the long run I think there will be issues on my current ride because of it. I've considered waiting till the spring but am sure the value of my 13 will be less then.
    He's expecting 1st shipment in Nov.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Haven't heard anything on trade in value yet.

I agree, I am probably going to wait til mid to late summer 2014, and see what happens with pricing. deadburn it.

I'm going to enjoy my 2013 as long as I can hold out.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Take the deal. When the word really spreads about the '13's, they'll be worth even less.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

What part of West Texas? Look up the dealer in Greenville, TX. Their advertising is always below MSRP. I took their price to my local dealer in San Antonio said you can match it or I can take a trailer to Greenville.. They matched.. Got around 5K off the price of my 2012 RT Limited.

2012 RT Limited
    SpiderWrap Graphics
    KewlMetal DualKewl FenderZ Running Lights
    TricLED Dual Running & Brake Lights
    Seal Floorboards
    Bajaron Anti-Sway Bar
    Utopia Backrest
    Diamond R Luggage Rack
    SpyderPops Upper Blockoff
    SpyderPops Catalytic Converter Shield

Spyder Garage

Default Gonna fold em for now

A Local dealer was $ 6000.00 off purchase price for trade of my 2013. Unless my dealer works a better deal, it's a No Deal.

I'll enjoy my 2013 for a while longer, and maybe MSRP will drop later next year. I Only see the 2013 decreasing considerably in value.

Spyder Garage

Default Louis is my dealer with great service to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by srwilli View Post
    What part of West Texas? Look up the dealer in Greenville, TX. Their advertising is always below MSRP. I took their price to my local dealer in San Antonio said you can match it or I can take a trailer to Greenville.. They matched.. Got around 5K off the price of my 2012 RT Limited.
    That's where I got a good deal on my 2013. Still waiting on numbers from them on the 2014. I'm fixing to call them back. I don't see me dealing with anyone else. The locals can't match em.

Spyder Garage

Default dealer

That's where I got a good deal on my 2013. Still waiting on numbers from them on the 2014. I'm fixing to call them back. I don't see me dealing with anyone else. The locals can't match em.
    i am going tomorrow to see about a trade on mt 13 rt/s. i am going to a different dealer than who i bought it off of, and a friend of mine is looking to trade his v max for a newer one, so we are going to try and see what this guy will do for us
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Take the deal. When the word really spreads about the '13's, they'll be worth even less.
    I'd really like to know just how many 13 rts were sold by BRP. I bought mine less then two week ago and was told that there was no problem with the bike after all the recalls had been done by my dealer. Glad I bought the 5 year warrenty. If BRP thinking their going to derail the 2013 trade in value because they may have made a mistake, Someone at BRP will be eating alot of 2013 RT's. The just need to fix problems.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Cool

Sounds like alot of bs and whining to me... I have a warranty with my 13 and ALL issues have been addressed by BRP.. If I decide to trade and take an assbeating,,,it's just what happens when ANY manufacturer does an upgrade like this!! I'm happy with my 13 RTS and when I test ride a 14 if I like it that much more I'll buy that.. Seeeesh these things aren't investments / it's like burning money but DEAD MEN DON'T SHOP

Spyder Garage

Default beating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    Sounds like alot of bs and whining to me... I have a warranty with my 13 and ALL issues have been addressed by BRP.. If I decide to trade and take an assbeating,,,it's just what happens when ANY manufacturer does an upgrade like this!! I'm happy with my 13 RTS and when I test ride a 14 if I like it that much more I'll buy that.. Seeeesh these things aren't investments / it's like burning money but DEAD MEN DON'T SHOP
    MIKE i am really glad you enjoy your bike and are one of us that doesn't have heat issues. i personally have a problem with the bike that i have, the seat does get hot and i cooked a phone in the center glove box ( my fault for not thinking about what heat was there ) but my main complaint is that i have a diabetic condition that affects my feet, i gave up 2 wheels for this reason and went to 3 wheels to avoid any foot problems and what did i get, roasted nuts and a well done right foot.
    now to some of us it is a investment, the bikes are not cheap and people love to travel on them so they invest to get what they want. even men dying would shop for a funeral if they are by themselves and know the end is near. i am looking to trade in my 13 rt and being single and no bills i could afford to take the loss, i really don't want to but i also don't want burns on my right foot that will not heal.
    so you are entitled to your opinion and the only difference between you and others is that we all have opinions and some of us just state them.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Cool

And I stated mine / I do not have heat issues either!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Greenville

Talked to the guys up there the other day, they're gonna come down a notch but nothing substantial. I almost traded the '11 for a '13 the price was just crazy good...$22400 for a limited, but held off. If they're dealing like this now, I'll just hold out another year and grab one then. Until then, oil change, new rear tire and gas. My new one will be coming from the boys at Louis.

2011 Spyder RT A&C SE5

Spyder Garage

When i ordered my 14 RT LTD @ trailer saved $4000 going extra 80 mi. Shop around!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Dib52 View Post
    Talked to the guys up there the other day, they're gonna come down a notch but nothing substantial. I almost traded the '11 for a '13 the price was just crazy good...$22400 for a limited, but held off. If they're dealing like this now, I'll just hold out another year and grab one then. Until then, oil change, new rear tire and gas. My new one will be coming from the boys at Louis.
    I am good for now. Happy with the 2013 Like Mike, I haven't had any issues with mine. I'm really not up to taking a beating on a trade at this time, so I'll be patient. When the time comes, it will be right.

Louis is the Deal !

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am good for now. Happy with the 2013 Like Mike, I haven't had any issues with mine. I'm really not up to taking a beating on a trade at this time, so I'll be patient. When the time comes, it will be right.

Louis is the Deal !
    Wait until 2015 then you can get a 14 for a song, but you will probably get less for your 13.

I have a 12 RTS with 1500 miles on it, and I am not trading even though I am sure I could get a good deal on trade.

Spyder Garage

I am VERY happy with my 2013. I traded from a 2010 and although it only left me stranded once, it did not give me big headaches, just a few issues. My 2013 has given me a better performance and much less issues (only the ball joints and the recall which I had no heat problems). It took me 2-1/2 years to get 12K miles on the 2010; going into 9 months and got 8300 miles now on the 2013.

I was one of the first ones in line to get a 2013 RT. I saw it as a big improvement from the previous years and wanted an all black metal like the bottom and rims. When I saw the 2014 come out with the bigger engine, pretty much anything from and came out of me, but I held back and thought about how cars and technology do the same thing: get the newest toy on the market and in a year or less it is no longer the newest. It happens. All I have to do is jump on my and put a few miles thinking "I can wait another few years, lets enjoy the ride while I have it the way I like it!"
    By saying that, I want to give out the following suggestion: If a dealer is willing to take your 2013 at what you owe or taking no loss, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. Most of them don't really want to fill their floors with used ones unless they can get it for pennies on the dollar. I would sell it on the street and see what happens. May take a loss, but might be less than from what a dealer wants because dealers HAVE to make a profit, by selling on the streets you keep that profit. Now, there is the issue of being ripped off (bad check) or the hassle of trasspassing the title, but that is part of doing it on the streets.
    Eventually your will be paid off and you can do what you want with it... sell it, give it to a family member, etc. But right now, if you trade, your loss is big, especially on a trike that has hardly been on the road a full year. Besides, maybe the 2014's could bring other headaches...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5