Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question Schuberth C3 Users

My search here yielded a few older threads and the reviews that I've found so far have been a few years old. After her accident Linda is in the market for a new helmet. We were over at Iron Pony in Columbus over the weekend and she really liked the looks of the C3. With the bum wing she wasn't able to try one on so I've been looking for additional input from users.

If you're currently using a C3 how do you like it? If you bought one long enough ago that it's time for replacement will you go with the C3 again? How is the peripheral vision out of the helmet? How's the weight? Particularly interested in hear from the lady riders on these point?

Thanks, Ride and ride safe,

Spyder Garage

We love the C3's. Nobody can touch their drop-down sun shield. Best ventilation yet from Schuberth. Had them for over a year. If needed would replace with same (unless the design has been eclipsed). Sorta wish we'd gone for the Bluetooth thingy, but then the bikes are not set up for Bluetooth (yet).
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

I have two ( black and white ) the white one has J&M speakers and mic. for when I ride with the wife. I have had many Shoe's and Arai full face helmets but the C3 was my first modular and first Schubert. The build quality and noise reduction is better than any helmet I have had in the past. Plus being able to have a sip of pop at 70mph is priceless. The only down side is that there is not much padding in the forehead area of the C3 and you will end up with the mark of Schubert, but this is an easy fix, buy the liner for a C3 Pro. C3 is last years model C3 Pro is the new model.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've had my C3 for over 2 years and I love it. the only "bad" thing about it - and I've read that this is pretty common - is that it leaves a distinctive mark on my forehead. I've tried everything to get rid of that "feature" to no avail. In spite of that when it comes time to replace it I plan to get another one. It is light, quiet, and the peripheral vision is very good. The pinlock visor has never fogged up on me which is great, and the internal sun visor is clear as clear can be. I recommend it without hesitation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a great helmet, can't beat Schuberth quality (you get what you pay for), but it *is* a peculiar helmet-- I just couldn't find a good size for my size/shape head. The large was too big for my head, the medium fit my head just fine but my jaw rubbed against the front of the helmet (crashing face first without any room between my jaw and the helmet held little appeal).

Shame, because again, it's a nice lid. Just be sure to try it on!

Spyder Garage

I've gone from the C3 to the C3 pro. It fits better as I did have some fitting issues with the C3 although the S2(?) liner cured those issues. Quality helmet, we use the bluetooth collar to communicate, get music throught it and GPS. FM can be had on it also, but that was spotty for me.

My wife uses the C3W ladys version, no issues, the visor is sweet and it is very quiet..
    Last edited by spyder3; 09-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

My wife loves her C3 but I will not wear one. They are not Snell certified and until someone builds a modular that can meet the protection requirements of a full face helmet, I will not go for a modular. Love my Arai Signet Q. Most comfortable full face helmet I have ever tried. I made the mistake of trying one on once.....cost me $600 for that mistake.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Just so you know, the Schuberth C3W is--to the best of my knowledge--the only women's helmet that was made to fit a women's generally narrower face. It's not just a smaller version of the men's helmet. As I understand it, they actually teamed up with a cosmetics company and used their data on women's facial structure to restyle the helmet. I haven't tried one mostly due to the expense, but the reviews have been really favorable. I'd like to hear how she likes it if that's the direction you go.

Spyder Garage

Default We LOVE the C3!

My wife & I both own Schuberth helmets... mine is a C3 black matte and hers is a C3W also in black matte. We spent three weeks out on the RT this summer, and the helmets were never an issue. One day in 90+ heat in California we rode eight hours in total comfort. Make sure you try on different sizes as we ordered a small C3W for her to begin with and after one month she bought another C3W in a medium that fits her much better.... IN FACT ... if you decide on a Schuberth for her... and she fits into a small... we have a black matte for sale!!! Willing to sell cheep to a SpyderRider!!! Let me know...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As others have said, C3's are great helmets, but you've really got to try one on.

I looked at them a couple of years ago but they didn't fit me right...too round for my head and the face bar was too close to my chin. That was just me, though. The C3W fit my wife pretty well, but she didn't like the lack of Snell certification. We both use Shoei RF-1100's, and that helmet fits me better than any other helmet I've ever owned.

Worth trying them on and see how they are, though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Just so you know, the Schuberth C3W is--to the best of my knowledge--the only women's helmet that was made to fit a women's generally narrower face. It's not just a smaller version of the men's helmet. As I understand it, they actually teamed up with a cosmetics company and used their data on women's facial structure to restyle the helmet. I haven't tried one mostly due to the expense, but the reviews have been really favorable. I'd like to hear how she likes it if that's the direction you go.

The liner on the ladys version is also made of a different material for makeup issues
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Schuberth

CurtG

go here for the best reviews and info on helmets period.

www.webbikeworld.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    CurtG

go here for the best reviews and info on helmets period.

www.webbikeworld.com
    Thanks, went there first most of the reviews were several years old, I figured the guys and gals here would have more recent experience and since Schuberth has a sort continuing improvement sort of philosophy.

As to Schnell (sp) sertification I suspect that it may be a cold day in when a modular is able to pass their tests. Someone in a thread on another list suggested that to get the hinge in a modular to pass the impact test the helmet would be so heavy it would be a non-starter. Linda has never found a full face that she can get on and off without it feeling like it's going to take her ears off (they stick out not quite prince charles but you get the picture) and so she likes the modular.

Thanks for all the input from all of you folks.

Ride and ride safe,
    Curt and Linda

Spyder Garage

Default Snell

LS2 Helmets make a snell modular!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a couple ss22000 helmets from helmetcity.com. Full face, removable chin Gaurd , hidden 3qrt flip sun visor , very light. The lady friends that I let use it , love them and are essay to get on and off . Check them out !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    LS2 Helmets make a snell modular!
    Sure enough they do. Checked out the web site. Half the price of my Arai full face too. Even if its only available in hotter than %#ll black. Never heard of LS2 helmets nor seen one in a shop to try. Not going to order one without trial fitting. Interesting to know at least one company has cracked the Snell code and built one. Others will follow now that the way to do it is known.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame