Spyder Garage

Default About to be out $7500

It's a good thing tho! The guy that sold me his Spyder finally sent me the title! YAHOOOO!!! It's mine, all mine!!!! Time to farkle (btw, why do they call it farkle? sounds weird to me!) the hell out of it now! First, handle bar risers, second, mirror extensions since apparently the risers get in the way of the mirrors?, third and prob the most important, GPS...that's all i can afford now, but i'm sure eventually i'll get the sway bar and some kind of graphic on it, i've named it Bullet! Rode 233 miles on him today, rode like a champ! I love this machine!
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Spyder Garage

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho View Post
    It's a good thing tho! The guy that sold me his Spyder finally sent me the title! YAHOOOO!!! It's mine, all mine!!!! Time to farkle (btw, why do they call it farkle? sounds weird to me!) the hell out of it now! First, handle bar risers, second, mirror extensions since apparently the risers get in the way of the mirrors?, third and prob the most important, GPS...that's all i can afford now, but i'm sure eventually i'll get the sway bar and some kind of graphic on it, i've named it Bullet! Rode 233 miles on him today, rode like a champ! I love this machine!
    Congrats on the purchase. . The mod bug will bite. . Trust me. .
    09 GS SE5

20130727_151339 by Kebie05, on Flickr

Spyder Garage

Default LOL

Thanks for clearing that up, I hope it's definition #1 and not #2! EWWWW! LOL.
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap

Spyder Garage

Are you saying that those three mods are going to cost you $7500?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default High Mount brake/turn signal light problem

About 2 months ago I installed a HM brake/turn signal from Custom Dynamics on my 2012 RT-S without any major problems and all lights worked as designed. A few days ago I installed the same kit from Custom Dynamics on my brothers 2013 RT-S all went as expected....all worked as designed after installation. However the next day we noticed the LEFT and only the LEFT HM turn signal flashes rapidly...at least twice as fast as normal. After hours of troubleshooting he called Custom Dynamics but they didn't have an answer to the problem or suggestions to troubleshoot.
    We are hoping someone on this forum will be able to provide a solution or provide a troubleshooting suggestion. We have checked all the connections and wiring and all of that checks out ok.
    Thanks in advance for all of your support.

Spyder Garage

Default No!

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Are you saying that those three mods are going to cost you $7500?
    Lol, that's the rest of the money I owe him for the bike, half up front, half when I received the title
    2013 Silver RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats..!!

glad the deal went through smoothly although tense. Your on your way and frakels are everywhere.. Enjoy the ryde first and farkel as you go..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Check the ground. Also light sockets and/or broken bulbs if they exist!

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    About 2 months ago I installed a HM brake/turn signal from Custom Dynamics on my 2012 RT-S without any major problems and all lights worked as designed. A few days ago I installed the same kit from Custom Dynamics on my brothers 2013 RT-S all went as expected....all worked as designed after installation. However the next day we noticed the LEFT and only the LEFT HM turn signal flashes rapidly...at least twice as fast as normal. After hours of troubleshooting he called Custom Dynamics but they didn't have an answer to the problem or suggestions to troubleshoot.
    We are hoping someone on this forum will be able to provide a solution or provide a troubleshooting suggestion. We have checked all the connections and wiring and all of that checks out ok.
    Thanks in advance for all of your support.
    Poor ground or extra "load" will cause turn signals to blink rapidly. Cars will typically blink rapidly when you hook a trailer to their lighting system. Solution there is a heavy duty signal-stat (breaker).

Is it possible for you to temporarily cross the wires to determine if the problem moves? i.e. Connect energy source for left light turn signal to right lamps & right energy source to left-lamps?

Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you made your way through the purchase process!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black