Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 165/55 R15

Spyder Garage

Default Front tires

Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    I'm trying to find front tires for my 2013 RTS SE5. I've read all the messages on the board about using car tires and am not interested in discussing that issue. I'd appreciate it if someone who is actually using a car tire size 165/55 R15 could tell me what brand you have and where I might buy two of them. I know there are a number of people who have pre-2013's that use the R14 tires, but those don't help me. Thanks.
    Put 2 ContiWinter Contact tires (155 60 15) on my 13 RTL recently. They fit the fenders exactly. Got caught in heavy rain 3 days ago and they don'y hydroplane any. they also have a very good directional tread. Available from Tire Rack for $93 each. They made a big improvement over the Kenda's.
    That tire was made for the SMART car....

Spyder Garage

At 22K I replaced my Kenda's with the Federal Formoza AZ01 All-Season Radial Tire - 165/55R15 75V, WHAT an improvement! Running them at 17 lbs now with Two up, full saddlebags, frunk, and trunk for a two week trip. Memorial day weekend 3 day test ride was smooth as glass and hot as..... but we did 750 miles that weekend comfortably.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    My Kenda's had lots of tread left but were starting to scallop so I got rid of them last year.
    same here, lots of scalloping on the inside of both tires, so had a couple of Federal Formosas put on.

Spyder Garage

Default 22,000 on fronts

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    My original Kendas on both bikes have plenty of tread left at 17k miles. They've had the scalloped pattern for most of those miles but it hasn't caused any handling or vibration issues. I'll probably try a car tire once I get to 20k.
    I agree with you on scalloped condition, with only change being "22,000 miles on our fronts so far"
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.