Thread: sway bar help

Spyder Garage

Default sway bar help

is there any one in the kansas city aera that would help me install the ron bar on my 2013 rt,or would come to my house to help or do the install i would pay some one for either.thanks i do have the bar just need help.

Spyder Garage

It's just a little farther than a nice afternoon ride for me or I'd be happy to give you a hand. I'm confident you'll get a reply from someone living out your way.

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wish you were close i'd help ya. When you get it on let us know your thoughts on improvement. I'm gathering info before my purchase of one for my 13 RT.

Spyder Garage

Haven't done one yet. Sent you a PM with a few ideas
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

I would come help but am back in West Virginia working for a spell. If you havent done it when we get back to KS, will help.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

thanks to my brothers that would help and i might still need help after you get back to kansas my phone is 785-214-1657 or my emil is napper39@yahoo.com.any body else with any ideas let me know.thanks

Spyder Garage

still looking for help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Another one that is to far. I have said it before,,, noone lives around me. Get up really early and head toward bama is all I can say. Wish you were closer.

Spyder Garage

the 2012 modeals i might be able to try but for some reason the 2013 s you need to raise somthing up much higher to get the bar out,and i dont even know what they are talking about to raise up,any way ill prouble need to have the cycle shop do it when i take it in for the 600 mile check.thanks to you all and i do wished i lived closer to you.

Spyder Garage

still help

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    the 2012 modeals i might be able to try but for some reason the 2013 s you need to raise somthing up much higher to get the bar out,and i dont even know what they are talking about to raise up,any way ill prouble need to have the cycle shop do it when i take it in for the 600 mile check.thanks to you all and i do wished i lived closer to you.
    You need to raise the front of the bike up about 2 feet to have room to remove the bar, according to the directions. Haven't done hers yet, waiting on the bar I ordered this morning.

wondering if it would come out sideways if I took a front wheel off?

Spyder Garage

Per a message from BajaRon about the 2013 install:

"Most use a combination of jack stands and a jack. They jack up their Spyder as high as they can and put jack stands under the Spyder. Then let the jack down and put blocks on it to raise the Spyder further. Some have put the jack stands on blocks as well."
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

i got two real good jacks but they dont go that high,why why do they try to make it so hard to doi went around some curves to day and theleft hand was good but the right ones was squrley hope the bar helps still looking for help

Spyder Garage

I used car ramps mine with additional 4 inches on each ramp using staggered 2x8 's (nail them together with stair step configuration. It was high enough for my '12....?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Help

Even if you lived across the street I couldn't help you. I got my mechanic to install mine so I know it's right. I do know if you are adding a Bump Skid also install the Sway Bar first.

Spyder Garage

The bump skid wont make a bit of difference. It is well in front of anything to do with the swaybar

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    is there any one in the kansas city aera that would help me install the ron bar on my 2013 rt,or would come to my house to help or do the install i would pay some one for either.thanks i do have the bar just need help.
    Did you get custom front fenders? Those look like 2012 fenders...

JT

Spyder Garage

all the 2013 s bare bones rts come with those fenders,and come with blue or mag,coaler. still looking for help

Spyder Garage

I posted a video on the removal of the 2013 bar. It doesn't have the removal of the panels but it does show the actual removal and install of the bar.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Spyder Garage

You make it look so easy with the right tools.

Spyder Garage

Default I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by scott16119 View Post
    You make it look so easy with the right tools.
    With the right tools, you can do almost anything!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk