Spyder Garage

Default something interesting happened today

as most of you know i have been writing BRP about the heat problem and a issue with getting parts for my 13 RT/S. now i was sitting in my dentist chair today when my phone rings, i look and see it's the dealer calling. so i make the dentist stop and i take the call. but it was not the service dept. telling me the heat fix for the recall is in, it was my sales man Lou asking how i am enjoying my bike. i find this strange being i have had my bike since june and they have never called me b4 this. i told him how i feel about the heat issue and that when i had my cell phone in the center compartment that the heat totaled the phone, i also told him about my right foot and that BRP wants them to download a BUDS report and to send it to them for the heat issues. he didn't seem surprised and said i should try to sell the bike on crags list and look into the new bikes.

so now i am wondering if this was a put on call that BRP told them to do. what do you think
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

He wants to sell you a new one (:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So he wants you to dump your bike on Craigslist???
    That's a cop-out! Don't let them sell you that bucket of hooey!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I don't think BRP would tell a dealer to sell a on Craigslist or anything like that matter. Sounds like a excuse to sell you a new one.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Sounds like BS to me , probably BRP calling the dealer if you made a complaint to them.
    The dealer telling you to sell it on Craigslist what the hell is that about , and they really want repeat business ??

Spyder Garage

Default for sale

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

There is gonna be a flood of RT most likely with this new one coming out if I was a RT guy I'd have mine up for sale already too. A lot of 11's and 12's on there only couple 13's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Money back warranty will be in order don't you think? Lemon law?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default lemmon law

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Money back warranty will be in order don't you think? Lemon law?
    i told BRP i was going to go that way, i just need to bring the bike in 4 times and start a case, full refund plus tax would be nice
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Definitely not a BRP driven phone call unless, as others have mentioned, BRP contacted the dealer about your heat complaint. No manufacturer is going to tell you to dump their product on Craig's List. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to put out any effort to make it right.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default call

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Definitely not a BRP driven phone call unless, as others have mentioned, BRP contacted the dealer about your heat complaint. No manufacturer is going to tell you to dump their product on Craig's List. Sounds like the dealer doesn't want to put out any effort to make it right.
    BRP did talk to my dealer last week about getting parts for me because i complained that it took almost two weeks to get a tire but since than i have written 3 more e mails to them
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The GLOVE box has never been the proper place for phones or electronic devices. Not on any of the prior models either as it is directly above the engine. That us why it is called a GLOVE box and not a Put Your Phone In Here Box. It also isn't a candy box or Chapstick box either
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Craigslist...........

I'd definitely relate your dealer/salesperson conversation to BRP so they know how this dealer (their representative in your community) handles complaints.

Spyder Garage

Default Hello Ann

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The GLOVE box has never been the proper place for phones or electronic devices. Not on any of the prior models either as it is directly above the engine. That us why it is called a GLOVE box and not a Put Your Phone In Here Box. It also isn't a candy box or Chapstick box either
    Well now we know, it was the chapstick !! Just kidding. I'm glad this came up, I haven't had any issues with mine, but have been putting my phone and glasses in the glove box. My glasses not to worried about.

So when you getting your new ride? I can bet your are ready to go again.

Spyder Garage

IMO: The call from the dealer was a very bad example of a sales pitch. Suggesting that you sell your current on craigslist indicates they want nothing to do with trade ins. And then there are the "perils"s of dealing with a large sale on craigslist (another story).

The more we find out about your dealer and service--the less I would be inclined to go there.

RE: Trade ins on a RT. Mentioned in another thread, but IMO: The purchase of a new 2014 is going to be a sellers market. I am anticipating that trade in value will be at the bare minimum and that the new vehicle will be at MSRP. There are going to be a lot of trade ins out there which is going to saturate the market a little.

I also mentioned the fact that some dealers may want to add "special" charges to inflate the MSRP just because they think they can. Car dealers do this all the time on "new and innovative" models coming out. I would not purchase from any dealer that tries that routine.

It will take a couple months to play out. Time will tell.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I love it! You are right on SpyderAnn. Took a woman to tell a man such a simple common sense thing.

Here's your sign!!!!!!!
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm surprised that the bonehead just didn't tell you to go burn it in an abandoned parking lot somewhere...

Spyder Garage

Default to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I love it! You are right on SpyderAnn. Took a woman to tell a man such a simple common sense thing.

Here's your sign!!!!!!!
    i never gave it any thought that the small glove box was a hot place to put my phone. this is my first spyder and as they say you learn from your mistakes.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

. That us why it is called a GLOVE box and not a Put Your Phone In Here Box. It also isn't a candy box or Chapstick box either
    But it's a great place for hot dogs and burritos...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But it's a great place for hot dogs and burritos...
    i would of really been upset if it was a candy bar i don't have insurance on them
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Agree - looking to sell u a 14.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    as most of you know i have been writing BRP about the heat problem and a issue with getting parts for my 13 RT/S. now i was sitting in my dentist chair today when my phone rings, i look and see it's the dealer calling. so i make the dentist stop and i take the call. but it was not the service dept. telling me the heat fix for the recall is in, it was my sales man Lou asking how i am enjoying my bike. i find this strange being i have had my bike since june and they have never called me b4 this. i told him how i feel about the heat issue and that when i had my cell phone in the center compartment that the heat totaled the phone, i also told him about my right foot and that BRP wants them to download a BUDS report and to send it to them for the heat issues. he didn't seem surprised and said i should try to sell the bike on crags list and look into the new bikes.

so now i am wondering if this was a put on call that BRP told them to do. what do you think
    Just how much longer do you plan to put up with this POS dealer? Ledgewood Powersports, Ledgewood, NJ and has good reviews from Spyderlovers and is only about an hour's ryde from Queens.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”